Omnicell

Be The First To
Add Photos

Omnicell Chairman, President, and CEO Randall A. Lipps

Randall A. Lipps

Great People, Nice Environment!

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people are professional, friendly and good at what they do.

Great location - right near Google, public transportation, free street parking, adjacent to walking/cycling trails.

Good junior level oppportunities to get into company, develop additional skills and grow.

ConsBenefits are not as competitive as they were, and in relation to others in the industry.

Too political in terms of work relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance the benefit package to meet competitor's levels.

Really good place to work if you are flexible, have initiative, and want to give 100%.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsI believe the people that work here are extremely talented. They believe in the product and that really shows. The company is managed well from a financial perspective. We have really good benefits. We believe in customer service and that is not just lip-service.

ConsThere seems to be a shift to more of a political environment and I think that is due to the management style of a few people at the higher level. Too much finger pointing right now.

The sales group think they are above everyone else but I guess you could say it is like that in most sales focused companies.

Advice to Senior Management1. Hold people accountable no matter what their title.
    2. When someone is complaining, tell them to stop complaining and offer solutions. No more finger pointing.
    3. If you want to know what is really going on, talk to the people that are close to the action.

Changes

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customer base. Omnicell used to have a great staff and good middle management, unfortuntely most if not all those people have moved on either by their own choice and were forced out.

ConsExtremely poor operations management. Dyfuntional management from company headquarters, company seems to lack any long term vision about it's staff. VP operations lived by this phrase regarding the operations staff. "Hire fast, fire faster." Not a good way to attract people of quality and it shows. I doubt upper management know or cares about how company is run, all they seemed to care about was what The Street thought of the company. Internally employee base ridicules customer base. They do not take customers suggestion seriously and out right ingore operations/install staff.

Sad because years ago when I joined Omnicell it was a great place to work and the best work expereince I had. It ended as one of the worst. I would not go back to work there without a large salary increase and a change in operations management and additude.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to make some whole changes in upper management in the operations division. Spend some time doing some research into field operations and make wholesale changes where needed. That dividion is THE face of your company and right now it's the face of discontent. No one I worked with was happy with the way things were going.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of internal dysfunction.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsThe products play a valuable role in hospital's provision of efficient and quality healthcare. The customers are great to work with.

ConsOrganizations do not work together well. Multiple examples of "us" vs. "them." A lot of distrust between organizations and immature behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more--with entire employee base and cross-functionally at the management level. Set an example in cooperating and supporting each other's organizations and recognize managers and employees who do this too.

Life at Omnicell

IT/IS (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsNot being tied to one particular work area. You are able to explore other areas outside of your primary responsibility.

ConsIncompetent people. There were managers who were not supposed to be managers and PM's who were not qualified to be PMs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better people.

Good environment, Good for career growth.

Product Support Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsOne of the best small company in healthcare automation.

ConsLess job security. Ni proper management planning.

Everything is Slow

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBest life work balance, it's a great place for old people who wants a place to stay until retirement

Consbecause of the medical industry's growing too slow, you do get the chance to work on some real channellings projects.

Too much top-down management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting product lines but slower development cycles.

ConsBad management, could be improved by making more flat organization.

Small and fast pace where you can have multiple hats and roles at the same time

R&D (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly and multicultural environment. HR does a great job with employee functions especially during Christmas and New Year holiday seasons.

ConsMany of the employees have been established for 10+ years which can leave little room for newer employees to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmedical industry with great products

Consbad enviroment to work in

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people the way you would like to be treated!

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omnicell CEO Randall A. Lipps. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Omnicell employees.