Omniplex World Services Corporation

Julien Patterson

OK I guess. More of a job than a career

Current Employee - Construction Surveillance Technician in Odenton, MD
    Current Employee - Construction Surveillance Technician in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay for the job

Cons

Poor benefits package health insurance is very expensive

None

Boring job, but you can get a security clearance.

Current Employee - Access Control Officer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Access Control Officer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job helps with keeping my clearance active.

Cons

There's very limited growth. Staff is short by about 40 people and current employees are overworked to fill schedule holes. Because of the shortage time off is very limited, regardless of leave balance. There is a "forced overtime" policy in place as well.

Memos need to be proofread before they are distributed to employees. Incentives should be developed to encourage employee retention.

Analyst

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are some really awesome people in there.

Cons

The pay is very low! Go to a competitor for a higher salary. There is also no growth potiential here. You're either at the top or at the bottom. There isn't much of a middle management level. The organization structure is unclear. I got what I thought was a promotion to learn that it was actually a lateral move. Multiple coworkers had the same issues. This is an ok place to start your career but stay too long. Most young people leave within a year.

Do not work for these people Omniplex sucks totally management is poor and company has lousy benefits package.

Former Employee - Access Control Specialist in Fort Meade, MD
    Former Employee - Access Control Specialist in Fort Meade, MD

I worked at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What pros can I list hmmmmm none honesty.

Cons

Poor management, lazy and lousy PM, DPM's only care about themselves and their friends or people who kiss their butt. If you want to take off well there is no off or leave until one year that you dedicate your time to the company. In the past few months Middle Level Supervisors were to inform their personnel that taking time off will not happen or you have to get it approved due to the company being low on personnel and not filling those slots. The only people that get promoted are the ones that kiss their bosses butts and the DPM butts. MLS's don't know what their doing with their schedule is changed or affected, they don't communicate with other MLS's at all. The management will find ways to little things that you screw up on to blame against you like hey not dressed correctly, you don't have the right tie, or you can't wear personal jacket to work. One time I got blamed for not having my hat with me when I was on the vehicle inspection contract. Most of all lousy pay rate is the most con that I can say. Their training is one week in house at the main company office in Hanover they basically hand you the answers to the test so you can be put on your shift right away after the class. No room for advancement or promotions. No annual company holiday parties or raises.

Get people who know how to manage, take care of their work force, don't hire people have little or no experience being MLS OR DPM. Care about their people than more than their contract is worth to the government.

Horrible company - Dishonest people who won't take blame for anything

Former Employee - Security Office/Receptionist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Security Office/Receptionist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Dishonest people working in the office.
    Horrible communication and impossible to reach.
    Incredibly high turnover because it's an awful company to work for.

None.

Will Drain you

Current Employee - Armed Security Guard in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Armed Security Guard in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay, You receive armed DCJS credentials along with CPR, First Aid and your Secret Clearance.

Cons

Horrible Hours constantly, no 2 week schedule is ever posted, supervisors show major favoritism, there is no sick days and if you need a day off you have to trade with another individual or you wont get off, Oh, and to top it off our Project Manager informed us that if we don't like the messed up scheduling to "Just Quit". This company does not value its employees. Even HR won't do anything. Unless you are a favorite you do not get weekends. Cloaks and Daggers is the game played at this site.

Respect every individual, do not have favorites, consider rotating weekends, stand up if you know something is wrong don't just play the game.

Great company! Great people!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good morale and working relationships. Leadership who cared. Organized company with a heart.
    Enjoyed my time there very much!

Cons

The challenge came when we moved offices and there was a shift. It became more serious and less friendly. Then since then and since I left, I have heard management has changed and it is lacking in the same kind of heart they had.

Think about the career paths for people. There was no place for me to grow into and so I had to leave and go somewhere else.

Never have I ever felt more insignificant than I do here.

Current Employee - ACS in Annapolis Junction, MD

Pros

Decent pay, security clearance, most coworkers are nice. SOME supervisors are really helpful. It's easier getting your foot in the door here in regards to getting a clearance than most other places.

Cons

Now, usually I'm a very reasonable person and I try to find logical explanations for things, but this stuff really wears me down:

-No incentive to work. No promotions, no raises, it's hard to move up here. You're basically alone all day. When your annual evaluation comes up, you do your own and your supervisor checks off on it, which doesn't make sense because you haven't seen them in ages so how can they know what you do/don't do?

-Overtime? Yeah right. Due to "budget restraints", overtime and part-timers were the first things to go...but lo and behold, full-timers took off for sick days and whatnot and there was no one to cover these shifts. So what happens? The supervisor drags a FTer to do it and tells them they're getting OT, only to tell them later they have to take a day off instead. Not always, but often enough. Happened to me a few times.

-NO COMMUNICATION. I called out one time HOURS in advance, and the supervisor said he'd take care of it...well he didn't tell anyone and the post almost didn't open (which would be a $15,000 fine). Luckily, someone else found out and got someone in there that day, but this is a regular occurrence. And you don't even want to know all the stuff that goes unreported. Geez.

-WHERE ARE THE SUPERVISORS?! Not all of them do this, but sometimes it's really hard to get a hold of them, especially when you have to call out sick and they're not in the office. They have pagers, but sometimes they don't call you back. What if it was an emergency?

-Upper management can be really insensitive. I knew of one coworker whose brother died and she called te office to tell them she was taking 3 consecutive grievance days off to deal with it. Know what the supervisor said? Not "I'm so sorry," but "Does it have to be three days in a row?" Same thing happened to me when my close relative died.

-Benefits suck. Enough said.

-There is definite favoritism going around. I know people that have been here for ages that don't know how to do the job at all, yet they're still around or get promoted because they're buddies with someone higher up than them. Total crap.

-I put this at the bottom because I feel like this is something that people can't change, but it frustrates me: You can't go ANYWHERE when you're on post. If you need to run to the bathroom in an emergency, you have to wait for someone to come cover your post until then (which could be anywhere between 10-60 min) or you're fired. No reading. No tv. No music. Nothing. That seems reasonable for any job really, but not when you seriously have nothing to do. Basically my job is to watch people go in/out without weapons or classified stuff, but this post is so dead that I do nothing else. What am I supposed to do? There is literally no other work it have to get done. It's taking a psychological toll on me now.

If you can't tell, I am so ready to leave this job. Posting my résumé everywhere and hopefully I'll be out of here soon. They're losing more people than they're gaining because they suck so much.

Treat your employees with respect and stop being so stupid with the budget! All of your "cutbacks" and detours are dragging us all down!

Good for getting a clearance

I have been working at Omniplex World Services Corporation

Pros

Clearance, decent pay, usually overtime is available

Cons

Upper management, hours can be long and include weekends, boring

A terrible uncaring place to work

Current Employee - ACS in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Omniplex World Services Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible hours, easy work, nice co-workers

Cons

low pay, upper management does not care and will tell you so. No raises in the foreseeable future. Promotions seem to be full of nepotism or friends doing favors, rather than merit based. Promotions from within are rare. Advancement is impossible. Payroll problems are numerous. People aren't getting paid what they have eared. They have to wait weeks or even months for resolution to mistakes.

Treat others as you would like to be treated. Don't tell an employee to walk to work because management didn't pay the gas card bill. Concentrate some time on resolving payroll mistakes rather than having it take weeks or monthe for people to get paid what they have earned.