Omniplex World Services Corporation

Julien Patterson

OK I guess. More of a job than a career

Construction Surveillance Technician (Current Employee) Odenton, MD

ProsGood Pay for the job

ConsPoor benefits package health insurance is very expensive

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Will Drain you

Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsGreat Pay, You receive armed DCJS credentials along with CPR, First Aid and your Secret Clearance.

ConsHorrible Hours constantly, no 2 week schedule is ever posted, supervisors show major favoritism, there is no sick days and if you need a day off you have to trade with another individual or you wont get off, Oh, and to top it off our Project Manager informed us that if we don't like the messed up scheduling to "Just Quit". This company does not value its employees. Even HR won't do anything. Unless you are a favorite you do not get weekends. Cloaks and Daggers is the game played at this site.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect every individual, do not have favorites, consider rotating weekends, stand up if you know something is wrong don't just play the game.

Great company! Great people!

Human Resources (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsVery good morale and working relationships. Leadership who cared. Organized company with a heart.
    Enjoyed my time there very much!

ConsThe challenge came when we moved offices and there was a shift. It became more serious and less friendly. Then since then and since I left, I have heard management has changed and it is lacking in the same kind of heart they had.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the career paths for people. There was no place for me to grow into and so I had to leave and go somewhere else.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never have I ever felt more insignificant than I do here.

ACS (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsDecent pay, security clearance, most coworkers are nice. SOME supervisors are really helpful. It's easier getting your foot in the door here in regards to getting a clearance than most other places.

ConsNow, usually I'm a very reasonable person and I try to find logical explanations for things, but this stuff really wears me down:

-No incentive to work. No promotions, no raises, it's hard to move up here. You're basically alone all day. When your annual evaluation comes up, you do your own and your supervisor checks off on it, which doesn't make sense because you haven't seen them in ages so how can they know what you do/don't do?

-Overtime? Yeah right. Due to "budget restraints", overtime and part-timers were the first things to go...but lo and behold, full-timers took off for sick days and whatnot and there was no one to cover these shifts. So what happens? The supervisor drags a FTer to do it and tells them they're getting OT, only to tell them later they have to take a day off instead. Not always, but often enough. Happened to me a few times.

-NO COMMUNICATION. I called out one time HOURS in advance, and the supervisor said he'd take care of it...well he didn't tell anyone and the post almost didn't open (which would be a $15,000 fine). Luckily, someone else found out and got someone in there that day, but this is a regular occurrence. And you don't even want to know all the stuff that goes unreported. Geez.

-WHERE ARE THE SUPERVISORS?! Not all of them do this, but sometimes it's really hard to get a hold of them, especially when you have to call out sick and they're not in the office. They have pagers, but sometimes they don't call you back. What if it was an emergency?

-Upper management can be really insensitive. I knew of one coworker whose brother died and she called te office to tell them she was taking 3 consecutive grievance days off to deal with it. Know what the supervisor said? Not "I'm so sorry," but "Does it have to be three days in a row?" Same thing happened to me when my close relative died.

-Benefits suck. Enough said.

-There is definite favoritism going around. I know people that have been here for ages that don't know how to do the job at all, yet they're still around or get promoted because they're buddies with someone higher up than them. Total crap.

-I put this at the bottom because I feel like this is something that people can't change, but it frustrates me: You can't go ANYWHERE when you're on post. If you need to run to the bathroom in an emergency, you have to wait for someone to come cover your post until then (which could be anywhere between 10-60 min) or you're fired. No reading. No tv. No music. Nothing. That seems reasonable for any job really, but not when you seriously have nothing to do. Basically my job is to watch people go in/out without weapons or classified stuff, but this post is so dead that I do nothing else. What am I supposed to do? There is literally no other work it have to get done. It's taking a psychological toll on me now.

If you can't tell, I am so ready to leave this job. Posting my résumé everywhere and hopefully I'll be out of here soon. They're losing more people than they're gaining because they suck so much.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and stop being so stupid with the budget! All of your "cutbacks" and detours are dragging us all down!

Good for getting a clearance

ProsClearance, decent pay, usually overtime is available

ConsUpper management, hours can be long and include weekends, boring

A terrible uncaring place to work

ACS (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

Prosflexible hours, easy work, nice co-workers

Conslow pay, upper management does not care and will tell you so. No raises in the foreseeable future. Promotions seem to be full of nepotism or friends doing favors, rather than merit based. Promotions from within are rare. Advancement is impossible. Payroll problems are numerous. People aren't getting paid what they have eared. They have to wait weeks or even months for resolution to mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others as you would like to be treated. Don't tell an employee to walk to work because management didn't pay the gas card bill. Concentrate some time on resolving payroll mistakes rather than having it take weeks or monthe for people to get paid what they have earned.

Pretty good place to start career

Scoper (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsDecent people to work with, professionalism, fun place to work, all managers are approachable

ConsIf they lose a contract, your job is gone. They are a contract driven business for the most part. When I was there, they lost a huge contract and like 40 plus people were let go. The bad part is that looking back I am pretty sure they knew they were letting people go and didn't say anything for awhile ( I mean like 4 months plus) I was sort of young so I didn't put the pieces together until after the fact. But looking back, it seemed like there was less and less to do. The other thing about them is that they constantly have group activites (bbqs, icecream socials, rootbeer socials and when I was there they were more or less mandatory-weird part is that even when they lost the contract they kept having stuff...

Advice to Senior ManagementActually their upper management are all great

Terrible, Do not work here

ACS (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsThe people are very nice, diverse group

ConsThe management has no idea what they are doing. They refuse to listen to any suggestions and continue to have tremendous turnover.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing can help.

misleading promises to managers, stringing us along and then having no job and no severance pay when they lose contract

Project Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgood team at mid level and great HR people

Consupper management says anything to keep you from moving on or trying to improve your position, makes empty promises and then leaves you without work and wants you to sign a non-compete so you can't work for a year in the area.

Advice to Senior Managementremember the guys that got you where you are, did everything they could for the client and employees and remember when you promise an employee something, then can't fulfill that promise, you give them severance pay without strings attached like signing off that you can't work for another company for a year if you want your severance (3 months pay)

Good company, great IC opportunities

Investigator (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to work as an IC and set your own hours. Friendly people.

ConsWindshield time can be a major pay cut when working in metro areas.

Worked for Omniplex World Services Corporation? Contribute to the Community!