Omniture Reviews

Josh James

1. Customer Success Engineer

Former Employee - CSM in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - CSM in Orem, UT

I worked at Omniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work hard / play hard mentality, definitely knew how to celebrate

Cons

Sales centric and rest of org had to follow up to clean

Advice to Management

Better communication

An excellent place to work and excel

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Omniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is excellent, and the hiring standards ensure that your co-workers are a well-rounded, intelligent sort. Corporate gatherings outside the office are a regular event, and help to ensure a good team spirit. Employee amenities and benefits are also excellent.

Cons

The company staffing levels took a major hit after Adobe bought them out. As with all such transitions, inadvertent holes were created when these staff departed, and some remaining staff had to significantly expand their job roles until the ripples subsided.

Advice to Management

When dealing with such a diverse number of clients, sometimes the job role expands and contracts significantly. Management could do a better job of advising about specific clients in the future.

Post Adobe, Omniture is the red-headed step child

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

Fast, innovative and fun place to work (pre-Adobe), benefits, decent location, cutting edge product and talented co-workers . . .

Cons

The fun has left after the Adobe acquisition. No more large parties, and you are the red-headed step child that Adobe employees didn't want.

Advice to Management

You should have stayed the course to $1B and not bailed when Adobe came knocking. We all bought in, but in the end - it was not what we invested in. Sell outs.

5. Omniture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Omniture

Pros

Great place to work, relaxing environment and friendly work staff. I would recommend to anyone looking to work for Omniture to take the opportunity. It won't be regretted.

Cons

There are really no cons to working with Omniture. Recently there was a cut back of employees with the Adobe purchase of the company, but I am confident the goals and values of Omniture will be maintained.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to be mindful of the employees that are left after the cutbacks. Don't value them lightly.

6. Help the client in implementation of the product and give best practices post implementation to derive maximum value

Former Employee - Web Analytics Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Web Analytics Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Omniture

Pros

A very dynamic and vibrant environment Great HR Policies like reward and recognition program, time off policies, understanding supervisor Great People. One of their mantras is to not hire mean people and they stick to this mantra

Cons

Not as many opportunities to grow within the organization Compensation is sub-standard HR policies for international employees can be better

Advice to Management

To be truly global, they need to have better policies for international employees and they need to groom home grown talent for senior positions

Awesome Place to Work, Great Culture

Current Employee - Sales in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

This company has developed a great culture on purpose to make it a very satisfying place to work from an employee perspective. That satisfaction has been compounded by Omniture's propensity to dominate the business optimiization sector that it competes in. It is great to work for the leader!!

Cons

The run fast and grow fast phenom that Omniture is, along with the necessity for confidentiality in the tech space has sometimes made it hard to get good communication within Omniture. But that has improved in recent years. The acquisition by Adobe was a brilliant move for both companies. It is amusing to see how many people around the market and in the blogosphere don't get it and are blithely proud to admit so.

Advice to Management

Sales Kick Off was fabulous if a bit disorganized.

8. Omniture is a Great Place to Work

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

I could ask for a better environment in which to work. Everyone around me is very intelligent and capable in their areas of expertise, everyone works very hard, and yet we have a lot of fun working with each other and know how to keep a good balance. The offices here in Orem have a great feel to them -- relax and yet juice with "excited energy" a lot of the time. We are doing some very innovative stuff and always pushing to truly understand and solve real client and market problems.

Cons

Having grown up as a start-up not long ago, in some ways we are still "figuring out" how to truly become a global business. Out expat packages are weak and we still haven't figured out that if someone if flying more than 6-7 hours they should be upgraded to business class. One of my biggest frustrations is that we have tons of great ideas all around but we seem a bit limited in how nimble we can be due to resource constraints. Guess it's a great thing we're getting acquired by Adobe so we can be infused with more resources to accelerate our growth.

Advice to Management

Keep our awesome company culture, focus on verbally and financially rewarding excellent performance, and please bring back the summer shindig.

9. Great company dealing with real challenges as it grows

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

GREAT work/life balance, tons of possibilities for the future, solid technology platform and tons of opportunity for new products to grow

Cons

Leadership needs to grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Need to make objectives clearer, earlier. Loudest voices are heard more often than they should be for a company Omniture's size. Other than that, let's keep growing!

10. An okay place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

- Work with smart and talented people. - Omniture will compensate those they believe are top performers. - Benefits are okay. - Interesting work.

Cons

- Management wants long hours - No long term investments - Cubes and crappy hardware - Management somewhat fears change

Advice to Management

Need to expand our investment horizon. Omniture is bug enough now that we should look at projects and changes that will pay off in years. Short term investments are great but sometimes long term investments are necessary.

Growing dysfunction in Client Services department

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

- Great atmosphere - Very smart co-workers - Excellent way to grow skills and learn the industry

Cons

- Many managers have no management experience, and are instead programmers or analysts. This leads to difficulties with people management. - Broken promises about promotions and salary increases. - Reactive strategically; in too many cases, we're putting out fires instead of adding value. - Poorly designed integration of product suites - Very little QA for partner products (Genesis platform) - Client services stretched way too thin; 30-40 projects per consultant, up to 200 clients per account manager.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Genesis product; many items are deeply flawed. In the Consulting organization, be aware of growing dissatisfaction in the ranks. Is it easier to increase morale or to replace an employee?

RSS Feed </> Embed