On Assignment

Updated Feb 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good experiences

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at On Assignment as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood exposure to different potential hiring companies

ConsTemporary assignments are considered "working interviews". If you do not make a good first impression with the employer, they are guaranteed someone else will be sent the following day; or at any time during your assignment you can be replaced by someone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy Account Manager was always very descriptive in regards to job opportunities and types of assignments

Nice Place to Work

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at On Assignment full-time for more than a year

ProsWith OA Healthcare for over a year and like it. Work / Life balance is well respected and there is no micro-management for the most part. They allow territory offices to be entrepreneurial and develop business organically. It's still sales therefore you do have to answer for when metrics are sub-par, however the pressure is contained and you are allowed to strategize and improve. The people are all very nice and work together nicely for being in separate offices across diverse territories. Great environment for those who appreciate autonomy despite the corporate structure. Good support resources from corporate help desk and compliance department in assisting employees. Flat corporate structure - very little middle management and only handful of Sr. Management (all of whom are very accessible). Some fun competitive perks like President's club for trips in great places.

ConsThe pay is lower than market. Helpful resources (administrative personnel, additional staff) are only provided to offices who prove mass growth first rather than providing them in assisting to grow out an area and ultimately revenue. No room for growth - sooner or later a "SR" may get tacked on to your title but no annual reviews or salary increases are administered and it's not a place to work if you need to see these things to measure success. No development or training opportunities. The technology is in desperate need of an upgrade. ATS is rudimentary and still using hard copy on boarding documents which can make tracking challenging at times. AEs and recruiters use blackberrys or "flip phones" which is cringe-worthy (to make it worse some don't even have texting capability)! PTO combines sick and vacation days and is still only about 2 weeks of time off total (for employee under 5 yrs), so if you like to vacation, don't plan on getting sick for more than a day or so.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat people and potential, however must make the proper investments to keep up with the evolving industry.

Great Company

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at On Assignment full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Company and Great Benefits

ConsNo room to grow within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within and start doing annual reviews

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Valesta is a great division to work for

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at On Assignment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat combination of support and flexibility from our leadership. Helpful guidance from both colleagues and managers without micromanagement. Members of the team are asked to contribute their strengths in training colleagues. It's not all top-down. Help Desk is a pretty effective one-stop shop for questions/issues.

ConsWidely varying levels of experience in the industry may lead to inconsistent experiences for candidates we represent. This is probably true in most recruiting firms!

Worst company\manager i have ever worked for!

Manager (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at On Assignment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible, good benefits that it.

ConsManagement is terrible compensation very under par.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat all employees fairly from sales to back bone staff.

Worked for On Assignment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at On Assignment reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by On Assignment employees.