On-Site.com

Add Photos

Jake Harrington

Good people great job

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than a year

ProsPlenty of opportunities for upward mobility
Racially and socially diverse workplace
Most departments walk the talk of the company philosophy
There's a no a**hole rule
Free food trucks once a month

ConsDepending on what department you're in, the hours can get crazy in the spring and summer, but that's the nature of the business

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your values

Brilliant business concept but wasn't my favorite place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at On-Site.com

Pros-Great business concept
-Opportunities to learn
-Decent pay, great benefits.
-Monthly department meetings at first, not sure why they stopped doing these. They were beneficial.
-Monthly lunch parties

Cons-Lack of communication
-Negative work environment
-Used fear of losing your job as a motivator (awful tactic!) rather than promoting hard work through encouragement, optimism and a lead by example approach.
-Too many bugs in the system and technical problems to even count.
-Poor leadership, inexperienced managers.
-Unkept promises of reviews and raises.
-WAY Understaffed
-No Human resources or recruiting department (this allowed for a lot of incompetent candidates being hired and bringing down the entire team.)
-Change in ownership was far from fluid and nobody really knew what was going on most of the time.
-Managers were often too busy to help when a situation called for it, yet found time to micromanage. (Lack of experience and being unsure how to positively encourage and motivate employees sometimes leads to micromanaging) Remember, we're all adults.
-Was "asked" to (expected to) do overtime on a DAILY basis, leaving employees with no energy or time for a work/life balance.
-Review process was nearly non-existent. B level employees weren't informed of their shortcomings or how they could improve. Therefore A level employees had to pick up the slack for those who weren't pulling their weight without being recognized or compensated for this.

A lot of work with sub-par training and support

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than a year

ProsSome people are easy to get along with

Cons-low pay increases
-Uneducated mid-level managers
-unprofessional management
-CEO is unapproachable
-keep their employees in constant fear to produce results
-unstructured
-poor training
-site is constantly going down
-allow customers to treat their staff poorly with no follow up
-too many internal relationships that negatively affect the business

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your people and focus on builidng a "people first" organization

Great Company/Growing Pains

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company with a lot of interesting problems to solve. Smart people. Hard workers. Fun people. Growing like crazy. Young.

ConsIf work life balance is super important to you it might not be the best role. Ironing out some transitions to scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys rock. Thanks for keeping us focused, and thanks for letting us innovate.

Rewarding culture and great customers

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOur managers work as hard or harder than they ask of us, which is motivating (and rare to find). Family-oriented culture in a fast-moving environment. The tech team seems to have new products all the time.

ConsBusiness picks up a lot in the summer, so we seem to get slammed with customer calls and staffing hasn't always kept up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the opportunity, especially the recent health care benefits plan.

Move fast, learn a ton, and have fun doing it

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for less than a year

ProsI never knew a company could move so fast and get so much done while still being a little out of control. The message here is to always innovate and ask why we do things the way we do. It is a meritocracy, I have seen people with very little industry experience get promoted based on their amazing work.

ConsWork/life balance is great at On-Site -- that is, if your entire life is On-Site. The lines begin to blur fairly early on between your personal life and work. As someone in my 20s, this is no problem, but 30-somethings with kids might find it challenging/frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore free snacks in the break room.

Exceptional team and service. Proud to work here.

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTeam Camaraderie: It's a really supportive environment, both within my particular team and at large. I feel a genuine sense that people want me to succeed and in turn I love when others have victories. It's a very ego-less group here, and we all root for each other. I definitely feel like my coworkers make me work harder, but in a healthy, not cutthroat way.
Energy, Creativity and Quirkiness: It's becoming a very design centric company, and the value of aesthetics, quirkiness, and a light hearted sense of humor is on the rise. We laugh a lot, but still maintain a serious work ethic and professionalism.
Love of Service: On-Site doesn't hire people unless they are passionate about the service and its future. You can be off the charts in terms of brains, experience and technical skills, but if you come off as blase about what we do, you won't get hired.

ConsIt's an extremely scrappy, lean place. If you like adventures, daily challenges and a constantly changing environment, you'll love it here and excel. If you prefer knowing what to anticipate on a day to day basis, this probably isn't the place for you. What I've loved is that we're always looking to improve, make our processes more efficient, and to grow personally, but that can be exhausting for some. Also, we can be a quirky bunch, so you need to have a sense of humor.

Advice to Senior ManagementScaling is always a challenge for rapid growth companies. One of the cool things is that our founders and upper management feel strongly about being involved in a lot of our day to day decision making, including hiring. My only concern is being able to maintain that pulse on our operations as we continue to grow, and I'd just encourage our founders to have faith in the fact that they've built an incredible team that is trustworthy and can be their eyes and ears when they can't be involved in the minutiae.

An amazing experience of growth, learning, teamwork, and impact

Client Services Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThe environment is high-energy with lots of young, fun people. You will experience very few restrictions if you want to take on a project and run with it

ConsA lot of things are happening at On-Site, and the company's growth can make it difficult to keep up with it all. And if you can't keep up, you risk getting lost in the shuffle. Still, management recognizes and promotes the people who own their jobs and show an ability to follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about adopting a policy of shedding the bottom 20% performers every year.

Friendly management, growing company

Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThe organization is very flat, so upper management is very accessible and personable. For instance, I'm a client services rep and there is exactly one level between me and the president of the company. We seem to be growing like crazy, and I feel like the whole open door culture helps feed into it.

ConsMost of the middle managers in customer service are pretty green, and can sometimes be a little paranoid that other managers are gunning for their jobs. Still, their insecurity is pretty easy to navigate. Also, the flat structure can limit your opportunities to rise up into management, but if you put in at least a year, they are very open to letting you explore other roles within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's pretty obvious that as the business grows and changes, we've all got to grow and change along with it. I can see that a few people here are having a hard time with that, and management should address their sense of entitlement before it becomes a problem.

Miserable Place to Work

Customer Service (Former Employee)

I worked at On-Site.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Decent Pay
-Availability of Overtime
-Non-management employees are friendly

Cons-lack of experience in upper management team
-extremely high turn-over rate
-overtime is mandatory due to being short-staffed.
-Favoritism, if management doesn't like you, they will find a reason to let you go
-there is no human resources
-lack of direction; no management around when you need assistance
-CEO is very stuck up and cannot relate to his employees. Although his father was a great CEO
-as an employee, you are not valued whatsoever
-everyone is trying to move up, and will step on anyone to get the title they want making the culture
 very depressing
-employees feel like they are walking on eggshells, constantly, and are afraid of being fired
-employees are overworked to the point they get sick and call in

Advice to Senior ManagementEnd the favortism and be empathetic to your employees!

Worked for On-Site.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at On-Site.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for On-Site.com CEO Jake Harrington. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by On-Site.com employees.