On-Site.com Reviews

Reset
4.0
Jake Harrington

1. Anonymous

Pros

Full-time benefits for this company

Cons

Employees are seldom recognized

2. Awesome Company

Pros

Awesome place to work. Friendly office culture. Great location.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Good Company, Great Perks... for Most

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time

Pros

I work in the company's Washington satellite office. It's a beautiful building and the location is good for my commute. I've worked at On-Site for several years, and when I started, I was doing customer service. Since I've been here, I've been pushed to take on new roles and it's really allowed me to learn. My coworkers and my manager are good friends.

Cons

My only gripe is that while we did start getting free fruit each week, our office is small and doesn't get the same perks as the silicon valley headquarters. Such as free gym memberships, yoga, shuttle service to work, free food trucks on Fridays, a professional massage guy who comes around each week, a shoeshine guy, free lunches for people who work weekends and overtime, free dry cleaning and childcare, multiple snack bars, special work and anniversary prizes, and a pet friendly office.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about us up north!

Friendly management, growing company

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The organization is very flat, so upper management is very accessible and personable. For instance, I'm a client services rep and there is exactly one level between me and the president of the company. We seem to be growing like crazy, and I feel like the whole open door culture helps feed into it.

Cons

Most of the middle managers in customer service are pretty green, and can sometimes be a little paranoid that other managers are gunning for their jobs. Still, their insecurity is pretty easy to navigate. Also, the flat structure can limit your opportunities to rise up into management, but if you put in at least a year, they are very open to letting you explore other roles within the company.

Advice to Management

I think it's pretty obvious that as the business grows and changes, we've all got to grow and change along with it. I can see that a few people here are having a hard time with that, and management should address their sense of entitlement before it becomes a problem.

Very family-friendly, very stable for a small company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

40 hours a week is fine. Most people have families, and spend time with them. They're not VC-backed, but strongly profitable, and thus very stable. It's a small engineering team (15 people) without requiring crazy startup hours. The engineers are big on open source and free-time work.

Cons

It's a real estate company, not a software company, in culture. The company is too small to have many rockstars, or really good mentoring. No stock options or other "pay in lottery tickets."

Advice to Management

More frequent performance reviews would be a really good thing. It'd be nice to have more formal training and learning activities, or other chances to grow technically (at work -- we already do at home). Mostly, though, you're doing quite well.

RSS Feed </> Embed