OnCore Manufacturing

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sajjad Malik

Challenging and fulfilling work environment

ProsOncore is a forward thinking and challenging work environment where employee growth and high performance are supported and encouraged. The major customers are amazing partners and make our day to day experience very satisfying. It is nice to feel a part of a winning team!

ConsSometimes can be long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing common goals, direction and general information world-wide with all sites.

Poor management/structure, lack of resources, questionable ethics

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsMost of the employees are motivated, good teamwork

ConsNo bonuses and little opportunity for promotion, management unwilling to compensate employees properly, extremely high workload, management will give conflicting advice on paper vs verbal, management will override customer agreements to ship non-compliant product to meet goals, unrealistic goals

Advice to Senior ManagementHuge rush to meet corporate set goals yet the team sees no compensation to motivate. employees do not feel appreciated - a once a year "party" does not constitute employee appreciation. Email saying "good job" also does not constitute employee appreciation. Need more defined employee structure (EX one engineering director/manager, who all employees report to - not and engineering manager and director with split/similar responsibilities??)

Wonderful co-workers but poor management

Program Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsA lot of hard workers

ConsToo much work hours required, no bonus

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definition of Hostile Working Environment

Program Management (Former Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsThere are many hard working and dedicated employees that strive to overcome the many obstacles that the management team creates.

ConsThe management team is disorganized and delusional. Engineers have become managers and simply don't know how to manage, motivate, or mentor. The production leadership has been in a state of flux for over a year with manger after manger quit or be let go. Goals and deadlines are constantly missed and departments scurry like rats to pin the blame on anyone but themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in leadership with real management experience. Set realistic goals and try to set your people and teams for success. Take the blinders off and realize that you have to have a real MRP system to succeed. If the data in your system is constantly wrong then everyone is going to continue running in circles.

Stressful and unfulfilling.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsVery helpful and skilled production people who are very helpful

ConsVery unenlightened management prone to witch hunts and placing blame. Look only at the bottom line and not at the "value" they're getting.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen. You've created a pool of piranhas who are only looking out for what will keep their jobs and get attention. That isn't the same as people who support the company. The systems used are too diverse and don't talk. The IT department should be a key component staffed to meet all needs in this computer age. A CM should have a main document system that is as versatile as possible and will talk as many systems from customers as is possible. Cheap does not get you value, value should be the key to decisions. Break up the responsibilities, and stop trying to get one person to handle the job of 3.You get what you pay for, and you get what you give.

Lack of leadership from the management team

Program Management (Former Employee) San Marcos, CA

ProsThey are still have a few customers give them orders because low cost.

Cons1. I heard people (managers) need to pay company supplies by their own money first. If you don't do so, then the GM will ask you when you don't pay first.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to review the business structure and willing to invest on people

Worked for OnCore Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!