OnCure Medical

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

George McGinn

It was a job...

Radiation Therapist (Former Employee)
Southwest Venice, FL

I worked at OnCure Medical full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVacation days, except sick time is not considered 'personal time' any longer-and you must use it or lose it
Licensure reimbursement

ConsFrozen salaries for past five years, benefit costs keep rising and services declining, no real structure or hierarchy to report issues, dated (old) technical equipment, may not necessarily have the most competent physicians, high turnover rate of CEOs and upper management/HR staff

Had very little training and then let go without an explanation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Centennial, CO

I worked at OnCure Medical

ProsHad great co-workers who were very helpful.

ConsBefore being hired, management assured me I would have timely feedback about my performance; however, they gave me no feedback and then let me go after working there for a month without any explanation even though I tried almost every day to get my supervisor to talk to me about what was expected of me.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't bother to let employees know what is expected of them, you are setting them up for failure. Timely feedback is very important. Employees who are hard-working and dedicated deserve far more than an explanation of, "it's just not working."

dissatisfied employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at OnCure Medical

ProsReasonable protection from being fired without cause; Upper management tries hard to improve the company; Salaries are moderate to good.

ConsCompany spirit is very much depleted due to ineffective communication by management. Physicians are given too much implicit control but explicit supervision is retained by Oncure management, resulting in a schizophrenic management system.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that physicians do not work for Oncure, and ensure that physician groups do not directly control activities of Oncure employees.

Great people, compelling mission, good opportunities to make a difference

I have been working at OnCure Medical

ProsGood people and solid corporate mission. There is a lot of opportunity to help cancer patients and their family members.

ConsMedicare reimbursement reductions have made it tough on the company in recent years, but the quality of care has not suffered and the leadership team has done a good job in addressing the reimbursement headwinds

Advice to Senior ManagementCreatea a stonger local market strategy that takes into account the dynamics in that that local market. Need to be more proactive in addressing the changing healthcare ecosystem.

Horrible Leadership

I have been working at OnCure Medical

ProsThe people dealing directly with patients work really hard. Helping to treat cancer.

ConsThe leadership is horrible! The physicians basically push the executive team around. Physicians, while are top notch when it comes to medicine, most of them are terrible when it comes to administration, ie day to day business. Employees are treated poorly and most are just waiting for the market to open to make their exit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new leader or executive team! Physicians should not be the decision makers! Questionable ethics. There are amazing people who work for this company below the executive team, which is why they are able to be successful.

Worked for OnCure Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OnCure Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OnCure Medical CEO George McGinn. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by OnCure Medical employees.