OnCure Medical

George McGinn

It was a job...

Former Employee - Radiation Therapist in Southwest Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Radiation Therapist in Southwest Venice, FL

I worked at OnCure Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation days, except sick time is not considered 'personal time' any longer-and you must use it or lose it
    Licensure reimbursement

Cons

Frozen salaries for past five years, benefit costs keep rising and services declining, no real structure or hierarchy to report issues, dated (old) technical equipment, may not necessarily have the most competent physicians, high turnover rate of CEOs and upper management/HR staff

Had very little training and then let go without an explanation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at OnCure Medical

Pros

Had great co-workers who were very helpful.

Cons

Before being hired, management assured me I would have timely feedback about my performance; however, they gave me no feedback and then let me go after working there for a month without any explanation even though I tried almost every day to get my supervisor to talk to me about what was expected of me.

If you don't bother to let employees know what is expected of them, you are setting them up for failure. Timely feedback is very important. Employees who are hard-working and dedicated deserve far more than an explanation of, "it's just not working."

dissatisfied employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at OnCure Medical

Pros

Reasonable protection from being fired without cause; Upper management tries hard to improve the company; Salaries are moderate to good.

Cons

Company spirit is very much depleted due to ineffective communication by management. Physicians are given too much implicit control but explicit supervision is retained by Oncure management, resulting in a schizophrenic management system.

Realize that physicians do not work for Oncure, and ensure that physician groups do not directly control activities of Oncure employees.

Great people, compelling mission, good opportunities to make a difference

I have been working at OnCure Medical

Pros

Good people and solid corporate mission. There is a lot of opportunity to help cancer patients and their family members.

Cons

Medicare reimbursement reductions have made it tough on the company in recent years, but the quality of care has not suffered and the leadership team has done a good job in addressing the reimbursement headwinds

Createa a stonger local market strategy that takes into account the dynamics in that that local market. Need to be more proactive in addressing the changing healthcare ecosystem.

Horrible Leadership

I have been working at OnCure Medical

Pros

The people dealing directly with patients work really hard. Helping to treat cancer.

Cons

The leadership is horrible! The physicians basically push the executive team around. Physicians, while are top notch when it comes to medicine, most of them are terrible when it comes to administration, ie day to day business. Employees are treated poorly and most are just waiting for the market to open to make their exit.

Get a new leader or executive team! Physicians should not be the decision makers! Questionable ethics. There are amazing people who work for this company below the executive team, which is why they are able to be successful.