OnDeck

Noah Breslow

1. Featured Review

Great in all aspects

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't believe how much I love working at OnDeck. It sounds cliche and I saw it below but it's a strange feeling waking up and actually looking forward to going to the office.

Every employee is top notch, and there is a great work hard play hard mentality. There aren't many slackers because everyone feeds off of each others' energy but everyone also understands the importance of a balance between work and having some fun.

Even on days that aren't going my way I still say I love OnDeck. What this company is doing is amazing and this is only the beginning. Also just want to throw in there that you can approach literally anyone in the company with even the most basic of questions and they will stop what they're doing to help you out. That alone is more than most companies can say.

Cons

Honestly none that I can think of

Keep doing what you're doing

Haven't met a single unhappy person here!

Current Employee - Analytics in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analytics in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

Everyone is happy and believes in the company. Not exaggerating! I've not met a single person who is unhappy with the company or the job, which is just insane.

Very interesting work and great workplace and perks makes this a unbelievably great place with people who are genuinely happy.

Cons

None I can think of, honestly!

Glassdoor wants at least 20 words. Hm.

I guess unlimited vacation means the office is officially closed less often than most other companies. So it's a bit inconvenient to have to ask off for federal holidays like MLK day or Presidents Day.

Please keep it up and don't change. G

Smart People creating Explosive Growth

Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Constantly surrounded by leadership and the management positions, from Managers to Directlors and VPs - all the way up to the CEO are occupied by people you would swear we're born to be in that spot. The culture facilitates an environment that virtually eliminates any form of corporate hierarchy, which allows people to have powerful impacts on each other. The VP of my department has undoubtedly changed my life in ways that you would never expect a VP, or anyone/anything in a corporate environment to have such a monumentous impact. The recruiting team is incredible at hiring those who possess this perfect combination of intellect and charisma. Being around these people just make you want to be better.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of frosted mini wheats.

Dont ever let anything change the utopia that you have created between the walls at OnDeck.

Love my job!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great help, great co-workers. Everything I would be doing and facing was described to the T during the interview.

Cons

None that I can think of

Fantastic place to skyrocket your career

Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly, and there is a lot of space for career advancement. You definitely get what you put into it. Fantastic work-life balance - just get your work done. There is always more to do, and you will never be bored. Work on the things that matter and ignore the rest.

Senior management listens to their employees. A very respectful workplace where meritocracy wins.

Cons

The company is growing everyday, and the different processes/structures are slowly being put in place.

loving every second of it.

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

everything. ondeck is awesome. best company, best people. it doesn't get better. it's a strange feeling to look forward to go to work.

Cons

because we are growing so fast, there are growing pains. it is exciting, but with change sometimes comes difficulty.

keep on doing what you're doing!

Great company, Smart People,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is doing cool things for small businesses and there is a lot of long term potential. . Lots of smart people at OnDeck, but for the most part very few egos. People focused on getting things done, not politics or face time. Flexible vacation policy is nice, and so are the little things like weekly happy hour, company events etc.

Cons

honestly, there are no major cons .

Keep it up.

The Best Job I've ever had

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OnDeck is a company that truly cares about it's employees. I have never had a job I've enjoyed coming to work as much. Days go by quickly and upper management really takes the time to try and get to know everyone. The work culture and environment is phenomenal. Work is fun which makes the days fly. Most importantly, the people that make up OnDeck are not only passionate at what they do, they are great people too.

Cons

I cannot think of anything,

Keep doing what you're doing.

Extremely well managed

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

OnDeck has been really good at hiring - every previous and new employee I have met in every department has been top notch. I've never worked at a company with such consistently talented and nice employees.

I've been consistently impressed by the strategy, communication, and execution of the management team.

Time goes really fast because projects are exciting and well paced.

It is perfectly acceptable to stick to set hours - I never work past my set time.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep doing the same.

Great firm - good tech team, great business model.

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

OnDeck is a great company with an amazing business model. The C level management is really very very good. All teams at OnDeck are between the spectrum of solid and excellent. The company is both excited about the future and appropriately wary of potential roadblocks. Good balance between working hard and not going crazy.

Cons

Some really annoying legacy tech from the past. No big deal, and the company is working hard to rectify it, but it was surprising in a firm as young as this.

Keep doing what you are doing. Grow out the tech team more.