OnDeck Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
4.7

OnDeck CEO Noah Breslow
Noah Breslow

loving every second of it.

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

everything. ondeck is awesome. best company, best people. it doesn't get better. it's a strange feeling to look forward to go to work.

Cons

because we are growing so fast, there are growing pains. it is exciting, but with change sometimes comes difficulty.

keep on doing what you're doing!

Great company, Smart People,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is doing cool things for small businesses and there is a lot of long term potential. . Lots of smart people at OnDeck, but for the most part very few egos. People focused on getting things done, not politics or face time. Flexible vacation policy is nice, and so are the little things like weekly happy hour, company events etc.

Cons

honestly, there are no major cons .

Keep it up.

The Best Job I've ever had

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OnDeck is a company that truly cares about it's employees. I have never had a job I've enjoyed coming to work as much. Days go by quickly and upper management really takes the time to try and get to know everyone. The work culture and environment is phenomenal. Work is fun which makes the days fly. Most importantly, the people that make up OnDeck are not only passionate at what they do, they are great people too.

Cons

I cannot think of anything,

Keep doing what you're doing.

Extremely well managed

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

OnDeck has been really good at hiring - every previous and new employee I have met in every department has been top notch. I've never worked at a company with such consistently talented and nice employees.

I've been consistently impressed by the strategy, communication, and execution of the management team.

Time goes really fast because projects are exciting and well paced.

It is perfectly acceptable to stick to set hours - I never work past my set time.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep doing the same.

Great firm - good tech team, great business model.

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

OnDeck is a great company with an amazing business model. The C level management is really very very good. All teams at OnDeck are between the spectrum of solid and excellent. The company is both excited about the future and appropriately wary of potential roadblocks. Good balance between working hard and not going crazy.

Cons

Some really annoying legacy tech from the past. No big deal, and the company is working hard to rectify it, but it was surprising in a firm as young as this.

Keep doing what you are doing. Grow out the tech team more.

Success OnDeck is incredible.

I have been working at OnDeck full-time

Pros

Trajectory. I am astounded at the success this company has achieved, I can not believe how quickly we are growing. Revenue, Headcount, and Business as a whole are all accelerating. I certainly believe in the mission statement here as well.

Culture: I didn't wake up and decide I took issue with the small business lending problem in the United States and sought out OnDeck to help solve it, but its not a bad thing to wake up to in the morning.

I personally appreciate the emphasis this company IS placing on technology - As someone who works in the space, I see nothing but positivity on the horizon.

The Management, Mission Statement, and people here are all top-notch.

Cons

We are growing fast, this means transitions and some growing pains. Thus far, its been minimal and our C level has maintained a level of transparency I have never encountered in my many years of startup life.

Carry On.

Very frustrating and misleading based on what I'd read and heard re: culture, work life balance, management, etc.

Former Employee - SMB Funding Advisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - SMB Funding Advisor in Denver, CO

I worked at OnDeck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to make between 60-100k as a salesperson. High quality of employee in terms of intelligence.

Cons

I moved cities to start working for OnDeck in Denver. I was working 50-60 hour weeks, making 200+ phone calls per day, didn't miss a single day of work in my first two months on the job, and got fired for "not hitting quota". In my first meeting with the Sales Manager (5 weeks into my time at OnDeck) he threatened my employment. Despite working 11 hour days every day since this "meeting", I was fired 12 days later. The company controls who gets access to what quality of leads. A considerable amount of fraudulent activity goes on within the sales team. Very little meaningful training occurred beyond my first week.

Concern yourself less with cashing out after the IPO and concentrate on maintaining an acceptable culture. Make the sales culture the same as the rest of the company. Interact directly with new hires.

Overall great place to work!

Current Employee - Renewals in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Renewals in New York, NY

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, job satisfaction at an all time high, very competitive compensation package with salary, commission, bonus, health benefits, ping pong tables, happy hours.

Cons

For the sales team, there are occasional comp adjustments that are not communicated in advance. Communication between sales and operations should be improved.

Better communication. Do not tell employees their comp is changing the day you change it. All comp changes should go into affect the following month and be clearly communicated well in advance. It does not allow time to budget for the change or look for other employment options if the change is too detrimental.

The best career move I have ever made

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to work with talented, passionate and innovative people who always go out of their ways to help each other
    Lots of interesting projects to work on
    Management truly cares about employees' happiness

Cons

Growing so fast. Not enough conference rooms at times and the NYC office seems a bit over-crowded
    No 401K match yet

Keep up the good work! Encourage and facilitate inter-function communications

So happy I came here

I have been working at OnDeck full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely smart, passionate, motivated people
    Interesting problems
    Great advancement opportunities

Cons

Somewhat stressful work environment driven by fast growth and high standards

Potentially should switch to desktop computers for most employees since most people remote in rather than take laptops with them.