OnDeck

OnDeck Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

OnDeck CEO Noah Breslow

Noah Breslow

Success OnDeck is incredible.

New York, NY

ProsTrajectory. I am astounded at the success this company has achieved, I can not believe how quickly we are growing. Revenue, Headcount, and Business as a whole are all accelerating. I certainly believe in the mission statement here as well.

Culture: I didn't wake up and decide I took issue with the small business lending problem in the United States and sought out OnDeck to help solve it, but its not a bad thing to wake up to in the morning.

I personally appreciate the emphasis this company IS placing on technology - As someone who works in the space, I see nothing but positivity on the horizon.

The Management, Mission Statement, and people here are all top-notch.

ConsWe are growing fast, this means transitions and some growing pains. Thus far, its been minimal and our C level has maintained a level of transparency I have never encountered in my many years of startup life.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry On.

Very frustrating and misleading based on what I'd read and heard re: culture, work life balance, management, etc.

SMB Funding Advisor (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsAbility to make between 60-100k as a salesperson. High quality of employee in terms of intelligence.

ConsI moved cities to start working for OnDeck in Denver. I was working 50-60 hour weeks, making 200+ phone calls per day, didn't miss a single day of work in my first two months on the job, and got fired for "not hitting quota". In my first meeting with the Sales Manager (5 weeks into my time at OnDeck) he threatened my employment. Despite working 11 hour days every day since this "meeting", I was fired 12 days later. The company controls who gets access to what quality of leads. A considerable amount of fraudulent activity goes on within the sales team. Very little meaningful training occurred beyond my first week.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcern yourself less with cashing out after the IPO and concentrate on maintaining an acceptable culture. Make the sales culture the same as the rest of the company. Interact directly with new hires.

The best career move I have ever made

New York, NY

ProsThe opportunity to work with talented, passionate and innovative people who always go out of their ways to help each other
    Lots of interesting projects to work on
    Management truly cares about employees' happiness

ConsGrowing so fast. Not enough conference rooms at times and the NYC office seems a bit over-crowded
    No 401K match yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Encourage and facilitate inter-function communications

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So happy I came here

New York, NY

ProsExtremely smart, passionate, motivated people
    Interesting problems
    Great advancement opportunities

ConsSomewhat stressful work environment driven by fast growth and high standards

Advice to Senior ManagementPotentially should switch to desktop computers for most employees since most people remote in rather than take laptops with them.

Great company!

New York, NY

ProsOpen, innovative culture with excellent opportunities for career development. Great people and great benefits.

ConsExpanding quickly so working through some issues (facilities)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the great communication and openness within the company!

Amazing company

Pros- employees are valued
    - collaborative environment

Cons- needs a bit more structure

OnDeck is a rocket ship, we help our small business grow and there is huge opportunity for growth within the company

ProsAt OnDeck, you work with very talented and creative individuals across sales, analytics, credit, product, and operations. You can be an entrepreneur within a startup - a great combination. We're growing like a rocket ship, which makes for a fun experience in building a real business.

ConsWe're growing rapidly, so knowing everyone can be tough. You have to work to ensure you're communicating with all parts of the organization. OnDeck doesn't match 401K, which would be nice value add in the next year or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to ensure all functions within the company feel a shared vision and goal - even as we grow headcount significantly.

Changing the game while having fun

New York, NY

ProsInnovative product, great culture, top-notch management team, happy employees

ConsThere are no "cons" working at OnDeck

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Collaborative, team-oriented organization with intelligent and driven professionals.

New York, NY

Pros-Numerous opportunities for learning and growth
    -The moral is one of a kind!
    -Employees are treated great

Cons-With rapid growth, knowing everyone is becoming quite challenging

Overall great place to work!

Renewals (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat work environment, job satisfaction at an all time high, very competitive compensation package with salary, commission, bonus, health benefits, ping pong tables, happy hours.

ConsFor the sales team, there are occasional comp adjustments that are not communicated in advance. Communication between sales and operations should be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication. Do not tell employees their comp is changing the day you change it. All comp changes should go into affect the following month and be clearly communicated well in advance. It does not allow time to budget for the change or look for other employment options if the change is too detrimental.

Worked for OnDeck? Contribute to the Community!

OnDeck Videos

OnDeck – Why Work for Us?

At OnDeck, we are using the latest in technology and big data to disrupt the small business lending space. What takes big banks several weeks to complete, we can do in mere hours at OnDeck. Our goal is to make lending… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OnDeck reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OnDeck CEO Noah Breslow. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by OnDeck employees.