OnProcess Technology Reviews

Updated June 30, 2014
Updated June 30, 2014

2.4

Ed Barry

Ok place to work for short term, but not for a career

Former Employee - Logistic Service Representative  in  Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - Logistic Service Representative in Ashland, MA

I worked at OnProcess Technology as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Consistent work, if you needed to alter hours they would work with you, they have nice clients and customers can be good too. Depending what team you work for you can be given leeway to help customers, like pushing out call dates.

Cons

Low pay, moderate benefits, however, no power to help customers on behalf of clients, for instance, if a customer manager or decision maker is out of the office, LSR's often cannot push call dates out, even for an extra day or two, and LSR's are usually required to close records, which reflect poorly on clients.

Give employees a little autonomy to help customers and clients, even if just on a case by case basis, or give them a short leash.

Logistics

Former Employee - Logistics Service Representative  in  Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - Logistics Service Representative in Ashland, MA

I worked at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Advancement is not merit based

Terrible (These 5 star reviews are planted by managers.)

Former Employee - LSR  in  Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - LSR in Ashland, MA

I worked at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

A place to make a paycheck (A terribly tiny one.)

Cons

Everything else. No freedom and the management are terrible. They recently bought a new hd 60 inch tv to watch the world cup YET THEY OFFER NO RAISES PER YEAR!

Get your head out of you know where...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible company.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, office environment. That's really it.

Cons

Fruit flies everywhere. I literally eat lunch in my car most days because that's just disgusting. You're sick one day? How unfortunate but you're being written up. You got hired for a full time job? Aw too bad because regardless of how far you just drove to come to work, if the supervisor wants to send you home with no explanation it's going to happen. There's not enough work to go around but yet they keep hiring people. Sometimes even when there's work left you get the boot. Management doesn't care because they get to stay no matter what. Then out of nowhere you'll find out that the company had a meeting and everyone is going to be sent home an hour early everyday no matter what. There goes at least 5 hours. I haven't worked a full week in about 2 months. Favoritism is the most frustrating thing about working here. Your coworkers can get away with swearing on the call floor and publicly talking badly about other coworkers but nothing will happen to them. I've heard team leads and other supervisors talk badly about my coworkers after they've left, and actually even when they were just across the room. Really? That's the kind of management we have here? Yup. Did I mention you can work for this company for years and years and never get a single raise? Not even a quarter. Terrible scheduling. All in all, this place is just terrible. Don't get sucked in, get out quick.

Good Job, Some downfalls

Current Employee - Delivery Services Manager  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - Delivery Services Manager in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part about working here is the office culture. The coworkers you collaborate with on a day to day basis make this job. Also, the companies core values are a great way for this emerging company to still feel like a small 'Mom and Pop Shop". Senior execs and managers often work within steps of employees, eliminating the non personal feeling you get with some companies.

Cons

Compensation is much lower than the median salary for jobs that contain half of the responsibility (almost 20-30% lower). Minimal time off/paid holiday schedule. Accountability/Expectation is not uniform across the company. There are several managers at the same level with wildly different expectations/workloads. Unrealistic timelines nearly eliminate any work/life balance.

Consider increasing employees compensation based on what their delivery level on expectations is. Also, each level of employee should have a similar expectation/workload structure. Each employee should be held accountable for deliverable items and expectations, with no exceptions; tenured employees should not be 'protected' because they have simply been at the company forever.

This opportunity is what you make of it.

Current Employee - Delivery Services Manager  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - Delivery Services Manager in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company prefers to promote from within. There are a large number of supervisors and managers (including myself) who started as just a phone rep. If you work hard and have the right attitude, there are definitely growth opportunities.

Cons

Salaries are below industry standards but it can be worth it if you use your time here as a career development opportunity.

Continue to promote from within and get back to offering skills trainings to your non-exempt workforce so they have those skills when applying for promotions. Nurture the potential of your internal workforce and when those individuals begin to succeed, you will be rewarded with their loyalty.

Great job with a growing company

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time

Pros

I've worked at OnProcess for over 5 years. Though this may not be the highest paying company, the enthusiasm of its employees and opportunity for growth makes it a great place to work. There is collaboration among departments and a very open door policy with management that allows you to get insight into the bigger picture, as well as get involved with projects and company initiatives. Most have the ability to work from home when necessary which helps with the balance aspect. The CEO is always around and is very open and honest about where the company is and is going. Employees are always in the know about the important stuff, and those who work hard move up. Internal promotions are considered always before external candidates. This company is growing rapidly, and it's a great place to grow your career.

Cons

The culture is not as appealing as some other companies. There are ways to get involved, but employee events are not part of the day to day. Also, every employee is expected to work hard and do a lot of work, which can be stressful at times. Short timelines for projects and implementations are the norm, which can also cause stress. Minimum PTO for holidays. Compensation is on the lower side.

Share the bigger picture with employees, boost enthusiasm, and invest more in training for new hires. Make sure that new employees can speak the language and know the products of OPT before putting them onto projects. Invest more in compensation for employees, otherwise you will lose talented people.

Great opportunity if you are willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture; Tremendous personal and professional growth opportunities; Many examples of employees who have entered in entry-level positions and have taken advantage of opportunities for advancement. Solid benefits and pay commensurate with effort. Company is growing and creating even more opportunities.

Cons

Internal processes are evolving as company grows; what worked while the company was much smaller isn't working now...though clearly corrective actions are being taken.

Keep evolving and creating even more opportunities; internal processes will need to continue to evolve.

Looking forward to OnProcess being my forever career home

Current Employee - Client Services  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Open levels of communication between departments and levels of employment
    - Always open for innovative ideas or out of the box thinking
    - Personable CEO and Executive Team
    - Involved in the community and best interest of all employees
    - Ample opportunities to grow within own department or cross departments

Cons

- Parking in the winter can get tricky

Look out for rising stars...there are plenty!

We'll invest in the building, but not in you.

Current Employee - LSR  in  Ashland, MA
    Current Employee - LSR in Ashland, MA

I have been working at OnProcess Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady pay, fairly easy work, lax dress code, and quick turnover rate make it not hard to get in, and pretty simple to stay there.

Cons

Horrible Time-off policies, micro-managing of time while at work, and the big one:
    No raises. Ever.

Recently, there was a company wide meeting, where the expectations for the coming fiscal year were put forward. The company is apparently planning on re-doing all of the carpeting and paint in the building. But when asked about raises: "Yearly raises are not in the plan at this time"

So basically, they care more about the building than you. And this after an expected 20% growth. Thanks guys. Real nice.

Policies regarding downtime are atrocious. No books, no doodling, no nothing. Sit and stare at the computer and wait until you're needed.

Management will treat you like you have no knowledge of anything, regardless of what the question is, or will misunderstand your question and get irritated when you clarify.

Promotions are incredibly hard to get, and I actually had my manager LIE to me about my being considered for a promotion in an effort to get me to do more work over my pay grade than I already was doing, when pressed, the matter was never acknowledged.

Want a quick way to increase morale, decrease training time, decrease turnover, and get better employee satisfaction: Yearly Raises. Seriously. Every other company I can think of offers them.

Stop the increased amount of micromanaging of time at the desk. Bathroom breaks are a thing that should be allowed freely, especially at slow times.

The lack of opportunity for promotions is ridiculous, especially with how stringent requirements are. And for the love of god: don't lie to employees to get more work out of them.

Worked for OnProcess Technology? Contribute to the Community!