Oncall Interactive

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Matthew Maday

High, great energy, fun project and great people

Lead Applications Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oncall Interactive

ProsHigh profile clients, awesome energy in-house. Company has greatly improved over the last year in terms of resourcing - which was, in my mind, their greatest challenge.

ConsCommunication could still be handled a bit better, especially when it comes to moving from project to project.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, again, could be handled better. All in all - I think management is doing a great job though. Our new COO, Dima Elissa - rocks!

Good experience working on recognizable brands.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Oncall Interactive full-time for more than a year

ProsOncall is a great place to get a start as a developer. You work on interesting projects for globally-recognizable brands. Developers end up with pretty impressive résumés (brand-wise) after a few years. There's great opportunity to work outside your core discipline. Great place if you want to be a "full stack" developer.

The office is relaxed and feels a lot like a frat house (which may also be a con.)

ConsOncall is a development shop, not a full service agency which means they work with many partner agencies to win projects. These partner agencies often define project requirements and deliverables with little (or no) consideration for what's technically feasible. Developers are code monkeys tasked with implementing ill-conceived solutions that could have been better solved if technical resources were involved earlier in the project lifecycle.

Oncall probably scores a 2 on the Joel Test. Development tools are sub-par and developers often use cracked or personal software licenses in order to complete their jobs.

Pay is low. Good developers can make 25% - 50% more working elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on best practices instead of the outward appearance of success.

Oncall - Great company for those looking to get started in the Interactive industry

I have been working at Oncall Interactive

ProsGreat Client list; Friendly team; Small company feel; Overall a fun place to work. Oncall is by far one of the best places to get your introductory experience.

ConsThe small company feel can make for long hours at times, which is ok if you like the folks you work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to even out the project loads over time. Sometimes the projects become more important than everything else.

Worked for Oncall Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oncall Interactive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oncall Interactive CEO Matthew Maday. All reviews posted anonymously by Oncall Interactive employees.