Oncology Hematology Care Reviews

CEO

1. non clinical

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Oncology Hematology Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits; Nice management and co workers

Cons

No room for growth or advancement unless you are a MA or Nurse

2. Medical Assistant

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Physician owned company, been around for 30+ years in the Cincinnati, Northern KY area, treat employees well, great company to work for

Cons

Get attached to patients that pass away due to their diseases,

3. OHC is a good place to work & grow

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Oncology Hematology Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement & professional growth. Good benefits, competitive pay. Training and professional development are encouraged. Dedication to patient care is the first priority.

Cons

OHC makes major changes without communicating the hows and whys to the staff, which has caused some issues in the past. They have made an effort to improve this over the last few years.

Advice to Management

The upper management would improve relationships by increasing communication of plans and goals to the staff on an on-going basis.

5. Treatment Nurse in Ohio

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Was able to gain my OCN license and practice Oncology Nursing in Ohio.

Cons

Over worked, honestly paid averagely,eating a 30 minute lunch was challenging, and staff was divided where we were not a team for pt care. Recently I heard pharmacy technicians were let go in the offices and the treatment nurses are now getting the drugs out and mixing them. Definitely taking MORE time away from patients and stressing them out. So glad I left when I did!! How can a company as large as OHC get away with millions of dollars in chemotherapy drugs NOT have a pharmacist or technician for these offices? Not safe.

Advice to Management

Where to start? Management needs professional outside training on how to manage. Having a pharmacists would make the nurses less stressed and let them be A NURSE. They need to act on the comments made by current remaing staff. OHC is growing. With growth, add the needed help.

6. Clinically excellent, operationally improving

I have been working at Oncology Hematology Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedication to high quality care, dedication to improvement, commitment to employees, availability of clinical research, exposure to many different disciplines, they encourage multi-disciplinary teams,

Cons

Lack of on-site training or mentorship opportunities, closed culture, some people in key positions are passive aggressive and therefore counter-productive

7. One of the most stressed out places to work.

Former Employee - Research Data Manager in Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - Research Data Manager in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Oncology Hematology Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The nurses there are vey caring and professional. Clinical guidelines were crossed at times. Most of the doctors were also very caring.

Cons

People are promoted into management according to who they know. Very stressful environment to work in because of the nature of the work, however, company did nothing to support employees.

Advice to Management

Train management more throoughtly and select people who are people persons with management experience.

8. Took my money and ran!

Former Employee - Nurse Clinician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Nurse Clinician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Oncology Hematology Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer dollar for dollar matching 401 K plan which my financial analyst son says is almost unheard of. I took full advantage of it and walked away with a very nice chunk of change when I left.

Cons

Management and HR make it clear to the employees that they are not important in their big picture and are treated accordingly. If members of upper management happen to be in the office and cross your path, they not only don't speak to you but most likely don't even know your name, or care to. Another example of this is when the company was voted one of the "Best Places To Work in Cincinnati" in 2011(which is incredibly difficult to believe). Certain employees were chosen to go with members of management to a luncheon to celebrate the occasion. My office partner was one of those chosen and she said all of the managers sat at their own table while employees sat at another and not once did management acknowledge their presence or speak to any of them the entire time. Considering the results were based on anonymous employee surveys, it seems as though they could have acknowledged them during the celebration. They do not do exit interviews because in my opinion, they're not interested in why you're leaving or what they could do to retain you or future employees. HR manager ignorant of many basic HR issues and shows it.

Advice to Management

Show loyalty to your employees and they will likely return the loyalty ten fold making the company a place where people enjoy spending more than half their waking hours.

9. All jobs are at entry level pay, benefits not comparable to elsewhere, little time off

Former Employee - Withheld in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Withheld in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The only reason I would recommend working here is if you are just out of school and need a years worth of experience to add to your resume.

Cons

Very low pay, not competitive at all, little time off, benefits could be better-you get 1 plan that you can take or leave, no room for advancement, the place is a revolving door for employees - there is no employee retention and no one cares

Advice to Management

treat your employees with respect, look into employee retention or at least pretend you care, pay competitively, offer better benefits

RSS Feed </> Embed