Oncor Electric Delivery

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Shapard

Great career company, friendly coworkers and most important, safety focused.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat pay and benefits for doing a good job. Implementing technology for a safer, more reliable, customer focused, electric delivery system.

ConsStill have some work groups that need staffing to handle workload properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve training opportunities of all types.

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable company, many tenured employees, local company limits the amount of work that must be done outside of standard work hours

ConsSlow moving, limited career growth opportunities, not flexible schedule

was fired because of nervous break down no company supportr

Troubleshooter (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosi was a troubleshooter for fifteen of my twenty five years it made you feel good to fix a problem of an eighty yr old couple on fixed income

Consjust trying to stay employed with them they ere always looking for someone to fire they are very hard to work for

Advice to Senior Managementmore support to your employees just because you think they do one thing wrong take notice to the 1000 things they did for the good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Appreciation of employees and co-workers are engaged.

ProsSafety. The company makes safety it's first priority. The benefits are above average versus most other industries. Upper Management, for the size of the company, is approachable. Co-workers and management seem to understand work-life balance.

ConsPosition dependent - long hours possible based on weather events, emergencies, and/or special projects. Company culture has to be learned and is varied across the company's service area. Mergers, over 100 years, has brought many companies into Oncor. Some of the mindset still remains from these previous companies and aren't completed unified as one. The company structure makes it a little more difficult to "move up the ladder".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving in the direction that the company's course seems directed.

Good for contract work

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosnine to five job
    laid back culture

ConsBackwoods mentality
    Heavily outsourced technological team and non-tech managers

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great company, benefits and people...in the most stable industry there is.

ProsThe people who work at Oncor are wonderful. There aren't too many bad apples and they do a good job of nurturing a positive culture. They really believe in a work-life balance, and will support you 100% if you ever have any medical emergencies.

ConsThey're still a corporate company with lots of hoops to jump through. It takes a long time to get anything accomplished.

Shocking!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood Pay, good location, free water in break areas

ConsNo common processes, procedures, and templates. Still using WINXP!

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor communication including expectations from Program Management on Mainframe Modernization Program.

Internship

Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTreated us interns very well; they are very interested in trying out interns and getting them to come back as full time.

ConsDidn't really get to do too many truly interesting projects, most of the job was routine work.

Excellent Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsExcellent internship program. A lot of social events during the summer. Actual meaningful work within the department that you are assigned to.

ConsOld school train of thought because it is a utility company.

Great company to work for!

Transmission Equipment Support (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Pros-Excellent benefits
    -Great co-workers
    -Management is very involved
    -Customers are the most important thing, but employees are a close second
    -Stable company (ring-fenced)

Cons-Working storms (which is rare and you get paid overtime depending on your position)
    -Nothing else really

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue treating the employees the way you are now and Oncor will be around for a very long time

Worked for Oncor Electric Delivery? Contribute to the Community!