One America News Network Reviews

Charles Herring

Loved working there

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at One America News Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were helpful and there was a lot of upward mobility. I had a fantastic time here.

Cons

The work was hard. I had to really keep on my toes for most the day. But the work was rewarding and I thought fun

Advice to Management

More reviews

2. Horrible!

I worked at One America News Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work was fun. I liked my job.

Cons

Management is disgraceful. Texts I received from people detailed some strange happenings.

3. Just an all around awkward place to be.

Former Employee - Writer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Writer in San Diego, CA

I worked at One America News Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses. A job. Sometimes you can have a good laugh. Fellow employees can be nice.

Cons

Video cameras everywhere, watching your every move. Owner claims to be conservative. A quick search online shows the owner gave money to Obama and Hillary Clinton. Novice news anchors and management, if you can call it that. News is sourced from other news agencies. AP and Reuters. Avoid this place. Employees all look miserable. Know it alls.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be conservative. Everyone knows you are a hippie liberal. Stop hiring airheads. Pay people what they deserve. Stop being cheap and give back to the people doing all the work in your slave shop, aka, your personal peep show.

5. Invaluable Experience

Current Employee - Research in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Research in Washington, DC

I have been working at One America News Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day, I learn something new about working in a News Network. If I have a great idea, the management will listen to it, and sometimes I will even see it live that day. There is no other opportunity in the news industry, where I can have this responsibility at my age. It is so exciting to see the reviews/ratings every month and see us gain new fans.

Cons

Since every employee is vital to the success of the company, we have to learn to work hard together. Not a typical 9-5 job. We all will do what it takes to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow, so you can hire my family members!

6. Invaluable professional experience out of college.

Current Employee - Producer/Correspondent in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Producer/Correspondent in Washington, DC

I have been working at One America News Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In one word, working for the Herrings in the One America News DC Bureau is exciting. It is the optimal work environment where I am not only challenged but also given the freedom and ability to grow personally. Because it is a start up environment, I've been able to find out so much about myself and where my strengths and weaknesses lie. I am constantly amazed at the access I've been given with this job. I am proud to be working for an organization that values informing the public with straightforward messaging on the issues we face as a nation today.

Cons

The challenges we face at One America are what you would expect at any start up. As a small bureau in DC, communication with our headquarters in San Diego is crucial- and difficult at times. That being said, we've improved drastically since I've been with the company. It is often hard to know what is expected of us- but our team is very motivated and we're given the freedom to be creative.

RSS Feed </> Embed