One Element

One Element Reviews

Updated Dec 30, 2013

Brandon Dennis

Great opportunity to grow

Team Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at One Element full-time for less than a year

Prospaid travel, accelerated management program, fun/professional coworkers

Consa fair amount of driving between events

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has helped me reach my personal and professional goals by listening to what I need and want to accomplish and then does whatever they can to help me along the way. Learning time management is cruicial though. I have learned so much about marketing, consumer behavior, how to manage people, and how to interview effectively. What you get out of this job is what you put in!

Horrible Scam Targeting Young People

Team Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at One Element full-time for less than a year

ProsThey lead you to believe you will gain knowledge in place of income, and someday open up an office for them.

ConsYou have to realize that over half the people in the photograph above are no longer with the company. They have a ridiculous turn over rate, and even the most successful in the business realize what an awful scam it is. It would be one thing if they were honest - about the low pay, pyramid scheme, and lack of benefits. But the truth is, I was taught to be fake and put on a face every morning in front of others. I was taught to lie to newcomers to make it seem like a better opportunity. I was taught that I had to dedicate 110% of myself and my energy into my low paying job in order to be successful. They trap you in and lead you to believe so many awful things. While I worked there (for 6 months) I actually spent more money on gas for road trips than I earned. I highly recommend that you don't waste your time.

Just so everyone is aware, they have changed their name to Atlanta Events Group in an attempt to avoid this sort of thing. They change their company name frequently. They also go by Smart Circle.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company should close down or develop a better a system. Selling faulty products and teaching young people to be fake and deceitful will not set them up for success.

A loosely based pyramid scheme disguised as a job opportunity.

Sale and Marketing Management (Former Employee)

I worked at One Element full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Atmosphere, everyone is really excited and gets you pumped up. Mostly young graduates and some 25+ employees

ConsDriving 40+ miles and didn't get compensated for gas. (Perhaps I left before I could but they didn't make it an easy process)
Pushing infomercial type products to Cosco/Sams club shoppers. Told to network while on a 15min break.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest in you job posting. You flood every job site and don't say what you actually do. I'll be job searching and fine your posting in every category...like Food/restaurants.

The longest, most miserable 6 weeks of employment I've ever experienced.

"Entry Level Marketing/Event Coordinator" (Former Employee)

I worked at One Element full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly co-workers. Everyone is very energetic and upbeat, but it's because they think they're going to land in management.

ConsWhat they want are young, energetic people who they can chew up and spit out in 1-3 months time before they get wise and leave. They pull you in with promises of management potential and in only 6 months, you could own you own business! What they mean is, if you can survive on little to NO PAY, barely legal gas compensation for traveling all over God's green earth to the events you are stationed at, being bossed by your 'leader' on your breaks/lunches to "network" instead of taking an actual break or lunch, 12 hour days in which you are not really paid for morning meetings, and having your schedule handed to you on a hand-written piece of torn notebook paper less than 1 week in advance, then yeah, you might move up in this company. But why would you want to??

If you're looking to be a small business owner, start ANYWHERE but here. Allow me to elaborate on the points above: Gas compensation? They pay a flat $11.50 if you travel from a morning meeting to a location (even if it's 50 miles away, no I'm not exaggerating- they'll send you to Sharpsburg) and if you have an afternoon shift, you are not paid at all unless you log your miles and count them as a deduction in your taxes. You may actually spend more on gas than you make. Which brings me to the matter of pay..

I was led to believe that I'd be receiving hourly pay plus 18% commission on all sales made in stores. As it turns out, that's not the case at all. Instead, at the end of each pay period, total commission is divided by total hours worked (office AND in store). If this number is greater than minimum wage, then that's your pay. If it's less than minimum wage, you receive a "commission advance" to raise your hourly rate to $7.25 p/hour. It's possible that One Element could then claw back this advance from future paychecks, though I did not experience that at my 6 weeks at this company.

Despite what you are led to believe, you are paid on 100% commission. Combine this with the fact that, as I mentioned before, you are not really paid what you're spending on gas, a good sales person is lucky to make more than a couple hundred dollars every two weeks. Please don't fall for One Element, The New Element (the two are different companies, but share an office building) or any other Smart Circle (or Cydcor for that matter, look them up, they're similar to SC) affiliate, take the time, do the research, save yourself the misery!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front about things like pay. It's flat out shady to tell someone they're getting a full time job when they can't possibly make enough to live on, based on the fact that commission is all they're getting.

Worked for One Element? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at One Element reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for One Element CEO Brandon Dennis. All reviews posted anonymously by One Element employees.