One Reverse Mortgage

Reset
3.1
CEO

1. One Reverse Mortgage

Pros

Great training program is established

Cons

have not found any yet

2. Mortgage Banking Sweatshop

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made some friendly connections with my "team" or class of mortgage bankers.... Fast forward to today many of them have left before and after I have and felt the same way. Was educated in mortgage banking, received 11 state licenses!

Cons

Pressured to produce. Call cannon - start pretty much as a call center for a mortgage product. Leads really were not coming to you, most of them was through marketing like a "birthday card" sent out for wherever they found lists of people turning 62... time for a Reverse Mortgage, right? Working in downtown Detroit. Having to move to a new building each month because OMG they're growing! Didn't feed into their "isms" yes... they had isms! I wanted to visit my spouse while he was away for AIT in the US military for one weekend after him being away from home for over 6 months. Was told I could not go since I'm not producing to their liking! Took me into the ORM boss' office with my director and had a "friendly interrogation." Left the next day. I didn't want mortgage banking in the first place, thought that would be natural for me since I am a sales-driven individual. Found out the hard way and now I am turned off to their company. I'm not the only one, I feel like many are apprehensive to speak up.

Advice to Management

I am aware money makes the world go 'round but it isn't everything.

3. Ok as temporary job until you can find something better

Former Employee - Reverse Vendor Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Reverse Vendor Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great outside of work and often hangout. Company offers free lunches twice a month. Sometimes there are cash incentives or contests for gift cards and other cool prizes.

Cons

We are told we are always short staffed or behind on work and overtime on weekends is strongly recommended. The number of loans processed in a day is the main focus. Leads to people obsessing with getting through loans as fast as possible with out working it completely.

Advice to Management

Less micromanaging, better training, and less favoritism to avoid high turn over rate.

5. Great for first job experience.

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The collages were great, they really helped when your spirits were down. Coaching was all around, everyone seemed as if they wanted to help you. Great stepping stone, really helps with experience.

Cons

Meeting and pep talks can get somewhat repetitive. The benefit for clients are constantly changing, making the product somewhat difficult to sell. The constant feel of guilt when you didn't work on the weekends didn't help either. You either Swim or sink fast.

Advice to Management

Let people know that the reward take alot of commitment and fallout is almost a sure thing with a lot of the loans.

6. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Reverse Mortgage Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Reverse Mortgage Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

QL has a fantastic team dynamic across all divisions, ORM included. Excellent tools for learning, coaching, guidance, division of labor and communication makes work for reps simple and straightforward. Potential for significant earnings if you're in it for the long haul.

Cons

Senior management can be... Abrasive. Certainly nothing abusive or overly nasty as company culture will not tolerate that, but morning sales meetings can get repetitive and tiresome when you know the market for these products has been shrinking and shrinking (see: new FHA regs for reverse mortgages)

Advice to Management

Great company, culture, technology, people. I recommend working here.

Good if you have no friends or life outside of here

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Detroit, MI

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cereal machines (minus milk) Fun environment Great training

Cons

Long hours per day Guilt trips if you don't stay past the 11 hour minimum Didn't tell us that overtime was half your pay

Advice to Management

No idea, they're so brainwashed in their ways it wouldn't matter.

Mortgage Banker

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time

Pros

It's a Fun Place to work, but you won't have a life with family or friends. You must be single or date someone that works there so that they understand the culture. Salary can be good after 1 year

Cons

Very Long Hours, for that average person. You will spend your whole life inside a building, and your vacation time will add up because they make you feel bad when you take them. If your a single person with kids or Married with kids Run away from the Whole Company.

Advice to Management

Shave down your hours and you won't burn through so many people in a year.

9. help assist the trainings bankers go through alongside my leader.

Pros

AWESOME bankers all around, ORM is great. You learn new ways to implement your degree, meet a lot of people and experience a whole new work world.

Cons

Can be a bit boring at times, there is not always a lot of work to do. A lot of down time but an AWESOME place to work, QL itself its awesome and the program but the ORM bankers are awesome, so nice, welcoming and fun. I am going to miss working there.

Recruiting Promises Different than Reality

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Detroit, MI

I worked at One Reverse Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training ground for new college graduates

Cons

Expect to work 10-12 hours per day and communications is restricted

Advice to Management

Don't treat people like "pegs" that can be replaced with minimal thought. This model works when unemployment is high but as the unemployment rate drops your good people are going to leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed