One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Andrew Eisberg

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, fun environment, commission has the potential to be amazing.

Cons

No real structure, no real room to advance,

Prefer not to say

Former Employee - Production Planner in Long Island City, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other than having a job there's no pros here.
    Better negotiate a good salary cause this place is the pits. They've been known to cut salaries....

Cons

Place is behind in tech about 10-15 years.
    There's no support or training.
    There's hardly any structure.
    I agree with previous review "don't work here unless you don't have any other option"

Sell the place to someone that knows what they're doing.

Excellent

Current Employee - Investor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Investor in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

The ability to grow in the company and also you work with people who cares.

Cons

You go home at the end of the day.

Continue to keep up the good work and help people grow in investment and money management.

Management is without a clue on standard business practices

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The acces to great clients, and cool projects. The staff is pretty upbeat and the majority of the people care.

Cons

This is a ship without a Captian. The lack of business stills and inability to find common ground between the joint owners partnership drove whatever success was built, right into the shore.

Listen to the consultants and the people around you.

They will work you to death.

Former Employee - Production Planner in Long Island City, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people on the production side were wonderful and fun to work with. Location was easy to get to.

Cons

The owners weren't very pleasant to be around. The sales staff wasn't very knowledgeable and you had to hold their hand to walk them through the print process at times. The place was understaffed and all of the production staff was overworked. Everything was a rush and had to be completed in the cheapest possible way.

Hire more production people and train your sales staff better.

It's not all that it's cracked up to be

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Pros

I can honestly say that the owners of this company are nice people, the work environment was fun and the exposure was great. They try to motivate their sales force with incentives which was great.

Cons

I worked for One Source for one year. It is true, you get what you put into it, but that is true with any job. The problem with this company is that they don't empower you do your job successfully. Because the training is sub par and the organization of their back end and production facility is so poor if you do start becoming successful you are riddled with challenges maintaining your client relationships because they mess up so much. One Source has very successful tenured people but that is because they favor people and give little consideration for newer people. They also over saturate the market with sales people and have such a revolving door of along with so many past issues that many clients do not want to work with them anymore. This makes it very difficult for new people who are coming on. They do try and provide support if you are working hard but their lack of organization and inability to pay their bills on time makes for an unstable working environment.

Reduce your sales force, listen to people, and don't try to be all things to all your clients. If you choose a few specialties that you excel at you may be able to not only satisfy and retain your clients but concentrate on making a more stable work environment.

An amazing experience that gave me the knowledge and skill-set to work in any sales position!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working at One Source for over 5 years and I can honestly say I LOVE working here. The people are friendly, fun and outgoing and the senior managers are helpful and attentive. I came to this company with very little sales experience and now, I am confident that I could sell anything! This job allows you to be creative and work with clients across several different industries. The projects are interesting, exciting and ever-changing. I can honestly say that I have never been bored at this job and I have a true sense of pride about each and every project on which I have worked. There is something incredibly rewarding about walking down any street in any city and seeing work that I have helped create and produce. There is no other company out there that possesses the resources and personnel that One Source has; the possibilities are endless. In addition to the wide range of creative projects on which I have had the opportunity to work, I have also been lucky enough to form true friendships with both my clients and colleagues. One Source is a company that promotes unity among their employees. The owners of the company lead by example and are always looking for ways to grow and improve the business. Their passion and dedication to the company is something that all of their employees recognize and respect.

If you are looking for a job where you can truly get out what you put in, than this is the place for you. The previous reviewer said that One Source was a revolving door. While there is definitely turnover for those who cannot cut it, there are also quite a few salespeople here with tenure. The bottom line is that you cannot coast at this job. If you are a competitive salesperson willing to put in the work, then you will be successful. The compensation is unparalleled and if you are self-motivated, you will love this job all the way to the bank.

Cons

There is a ton of flexibility and freedom, so you have to be self sufficient and self-motivated. This is not a job for someone who isnt willing to put in the work to be sucessful.

Continue looking at the structure of your company and the various ways to improve it. If you continue to listen to both your employees and one another, the possibilities are limitless.

Revolving Door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Pros

The benefits are ok at best. Employees are nice.

Cons

This place is a revolving door, esp for salespeople. They give you a few months to perform after your first billing month and if you don't make your sales goal, you're cut. They don't take the time or effort to train new employees and after the initial 2 weeks of training (which is not enough considering the amount of information needed for such a field), you are on your own. There is no structure and rarely do they give raises. There are no reviews so you have no idea how your performance is measuring up to their expectations until they give you the boot. You are completely overworked. The people in Production had it even worse! I'm pretty sure they never slept or left the office because they were each assigned a ridiculous amount of projects that a normal human should not be expected to manage which resulted in errors in jobs, then losses of clients, and then ultimately the loss of your job. They offer you a low base salary and assure you that your commission will make it significantly higher. The main problem is that they don't prepare their employees to become good at selling their service because they don't take the time to train them and when they don't perform, they think they can get a replacement. Maybe they should take a good look at management before throwing people out like garbage. This is not a long term job. It is good if you are young and willing to work yourself into the ground. There is not alot of room for growth as it is such a small company with 2 owners that like to micromanage.

Take time and make an effort to train your employees. Get more of a structure and perhaps a Human Resources department. Also, give reviews so people are not blindsided.

it was fun

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Pros

very nice people,small company, fun environment, casual dress

Cons

small company so some people are overworked

none

A horrible Exp. for a company that does not pay it's bills.

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions

Pros

The pros are your fellow employees are great people not management.

Cons

Management is lost. They do not pay their bills to the outside contractors they use for over a year or more nor do they answer phones or e-mails to respond to the payment issue. They have downsized and seem to be on a downward spiral. There is great dishonesty within management. Employee checks could not be cashed several times and MUST be deposited and waited for 1-2 business days to clear. There are no true Benefits to receive in the company that wouldn't take away half of your pay check so in essence you will have to provide yourself with your own insurance. You learn to be more careful where you decide to work.

Need to learn how to truly run a business with integrity and honesty.