One on One

Great coworkers, challenging industry

Former Employee - Business Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun work atmosphere and enjoyable coworkers. Fun company perks

Cons

Management didn't do a great job creating and communicating a vision (there is now new management). A challenging industry with lots of headwinds.

Communication of vision to the entire organization is critical!

Do not apply!

Former Employee - Sales in Providence, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Providence, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Had the weekends off that was the only good thing about this place. Do not apply here! !

Cons

They are full of empty promises, they are not professional, they threaten to take away your paycheck, avoid this place like the plague!!

It was... interesting

Former Contractor - SEO/Content in Lehi, UT
    Former Contractor - SEO/Content in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Fun idea, dynamic goals, nice people

Cons

One paycheck got lost in the fray, took months for that to get sorted out as HR was nearly impossible to get a hold of - they were also disappointingly uncooperative when tax season came around and I didn't receive my necessary documentation; in the nine months I was there, I had three different supervisors due to promotions, resignations, and terminations; subsequently lost my job due to a "change in direction" (whole department was downsized)

You've got something good here but clearly there are some personnel issues that need to be rectified

Learned a lot and developed skills in the digital marketing space.

Former Employee - Marketing in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about the digital marketing and lead gen space. One on One produces a lot of talent. The CEO is a truly genuine person and the only one in upper management.

Cons

Layoffs and high turnover continues to hurt employee morale. Upper management lacks professionalism. They have no problem letting people go, but cause a lot of commotion with those who leave for better opportunities.

Understand your employees a little better. Understand their roles and how they impact the business. A lot of talent is overlooked and these employees end up leaving.

The People are the greatest part of working there

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, and very optimistic people. Family friendly schedule. Great atmosphere.

Cons

The company has had too much instability. All of their eggs have been in the same basket ( for profit education ) for far too long, and when given the chance between 2011 and 2014 to make decisions and move to new verticals nothing ever happened. Now the education industry is beginning to feel the first pain from the ever building crises on the horizon brought by massive federal loans debt, and thus One On One is entirely unprepared to handle this. Without major growth into some new markets within the next year I don't see them surviving.

The company has essentially operated without project managers since they purged all of them during the last financial crises the company went through. As a result there have been a lot of expended development hours on projects that never come to fruition. Amounting to a massive waste of money. They need to reinstate some level of project management within the company to create someone who can plan, execute, and follow projects through to the end.

It's crunch time, there has to be massive changes, lateral moves into new verticals immediately, project management staff, and investment of time into finishing the projects you nearly finished and then abandoned.

It was okay.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I met a lot of fun people while there, many of which I am still friends with. The company really makes an effort to show they care about their workers.

Cons

A lot of changes happened while I was there so the structure was weird and often not great. As I was leaving though things were solidifying so I imagine it is a lot better now.

Less "management talk". It was usually really easy to see through the "motivational" talks and they didn't help anyone feel any better.

Best thing about One on One are the amazing people they hire.

I have been working at One on One full-time

Pros

The people are incredible. Mgmt does their best to provide every benefit they can, but the people win the prize.

Cons

The healthcare benefits have changed frequently over the past two years which is a hassle, but they are decent.

software engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

casual environment , people are very friendly.

Cons

management doesn't know what they are doing.

Awesome Experience

Former Intern - Front End Developer Inter in Lehi, UT
    Former Intern - Front End Developer Inter in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Work on a medium size team with UX, Backend devopers, front end developers and product development
    Have your work used by some most of the online schools
    Great perks as an intern

Cons

Few interns so you will likely be on of 2 or 3 in the whole company or the only one on your team

Corporate Employee

Former Employee - Corporate in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Corporate in Lehi, UT

I worked at One on One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work and fun atmosphere. Pretty relaxed about dress code (for the most part), and not too strict on the time in and out.
    New CEO is a Champ, will probably turn this company around, and fix what the old CEO almost ruined.

Cons

The old CEO was a joke. The whole company worked as a boys club. Many of the executives are/were ill prepared for a market downturn and made extremely poor decisions which ultimately lead to a massive company wide layoff. Even though poor decisions came from the top down, not one of the Executives were let go (company headcount prior to layoff = 170, post layoff = 45).

This boys club simmered down after the old CEO left, but the upper management continues to reign with terror. Different departments are shown obvious favoritism and little value is shown in other departments.

Take Riddlin and stay focused on a long term goal. stop placing all of your eggs in 1 basket or in this case, 1 vertical to avoid fluctuating with the trending market.