One97 Communications

One97 Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Vijay Shekhar Sharma

Nice experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Noida (India)

ProsThe managers and HRs are very friendly and cooperative
    The work culture is good
    Work life balance can be well maintained
    Not extraordinary, but good learning curve
    Good chances for career growth
    Work is very satisfactory

ConsHuge gap between salary ranges for employees with same profile and same experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot worked enough to comment about management

was ok ok

Support (Former Employee) Noida (India)

Prosno work pressure no tension .

Consno personal growth .

Advice to Senior Managementbakwas HR . whatever manager will decide that will happen . HR is just a puppet .

Not more than 2 yrs

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood learning skills... Nice place for working but not more than 2 yes as their technologies are very limited.. No further job rotation and your exit will be very difficult.

ConsVery tough exit, as u will not carry any importance in the market.. U will become void if u stay more than 2 yrs

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways understand and change the process on biz requirement.. Very poor top management...

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An interesting ride!

General Manager (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsI have been working here for almost 8 years now. Never before in my 2 decades of work life did I stay on with any company for more than 3 years, so this is a personal record! What caused this to happen? There's much: transparency, flexibility, respect, culture. It has also been nice to piggy-back ride on a company on its growth curve!

ConsSometimes sudden changes in one's role may be a bit unsettling, but it is temporary. If you do not like what you do, here you always have the option for asking for a change of role.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelps people (everybody) to know from time to time what's on your mind.

Average company to work with plenty of opportunities to do things yourself.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsSince it was a start up you observed things closely and there was fire in the belly approach while working on different projects

ConsNo parity between salaries of two employees working at the same level. The difference was remarkable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be little more organised and considerate while fixing salaries of employees at junior level with some bar being set which defines the minimum salary that will be paid.

Encouraging Envrionment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsThe best thing I like about being here is the open atmosphere. There is a team hierarchy, but it is only to help us get things done faster. It could also be that I am blessed with a great team. Totally enjoying the team outings and the bonds I have made here. Playing in the company's cricket league nowadays and am surprised at the dedication and discipline of all the teams. Probably reflects what we do in the office.

ConsI have seen some neighbours cribbing about things. I believe there is no smoke without fire.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe somebody up there should keep a close watch on what's happening on our engineering floor, instead of leaving it entirely on just a few folks. But otherwise I have no complaints.

The open culture really helps!

Product Manager (Former Employee) Noida (India)

ProsYou know when there is freedom and openness you get more ideas. So it worked to my benefit to have open access to management, plus the freedom of thought and expression both.

ConsSometimes some people make use of the access to management and use name dropping to get what they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication would help!

Your work does not get unnoticed. You get credit for it!

Senior Administrative Professional (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsEven if you are not well connected with the top bosses, if you are working smart and hard, you are bound to be noticed. This is an established system here. Recognition for people who are doing good things, comes almost every week. I feel quite motivated to work here.

ConsSometimes things change so fast, that one needs some time to catch up. But in a way it is good only.

Advice to Senior ManagementI only hear from them once in 3 months. If there was a system where they could communicate their thoughts and plans to us, it would be good. Even recommendations of reading material from them would help me grow.

Great place to work

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Delhi (India)

ProsOpen, flexible, performance driven and cool place to work

ConsPolitical, at times confusing as roles change very frequently

moderate company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsIf you are in a good team you will be able to explore new things. Some employee are very bright. You will get to learn new things from them

Conspolitics. very poor management. you are never rewarded for your work. Some employee are overloaded. Some employee dont have much work. HR is useless.

Worked for One97 Communications? Contribute to the Community!