OneLogin

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
4.3

Thomas Pedersen

Single Sign On and Identity Management - OneLogin is at the heart of Enterprise Identity and the upside is undeniable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is always something to do and I always feel productive. My team and I are excited about work and about the improvements that are constantly appearing in our product. Our customer list gets more impressive every single day.

Cons

OneLogin needs to consider promoting from within. Upper management does not relay pertinent team information (like new managers being hired) to the team until it happens.

Identify your dedicated, hard working employees and reward them - or they will leave.
    The 401K should match employee contribution. We're at the size where we need it to be competitive with other companies in the area.
    Be more open and honest with employees.

Be yourself, have fun, get stuff done.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin (less than an year)

Pros

Nice, smart, competent people… I’m impressed by lots of the people I get to work with here.
    Fun environment… beer, liquor, be yourself, have fun, get stuff done.
    Great location… Financial District SF with an amazing view of the bay… wow!
    Cool, competent, accessible C-level execs… CEO and CTO are brothers, both are personable guys and the CEO has good jokes sometimes.
    High profile customer base… opportunity to work with big customers like Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Pinterest.
    Holiday party was off the hook.
    Apple machines, thunderbolt displays
    Lunch is paid for and delivered daily via EatClub.
    Company is growing fast... 25 to 100 employees in a year followed by a C round of $25m.

Cons

The product is complex and evolving. A training program for the non technical folks would be great.

A comprehensive product training program for new and existing employees could really turbo charge collaborative efforts and cohesiveness within and between teams. Get everyone speaking the same language... sky's the limit.

Guaranteed to be successful in some facet. Awesome culture and leadership.

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership: CEO, CTO, VP of Product and VP of Engineering are awesome people and have a real vision. I've learned a lot of non-technical things while working with them that I find extremely valuable.

Engineering: People that definitely care about the product and are excited to be here.

Compensation: Very competitive, even with fully matured companies.

Cons

None, really. Some initial growing pains that every start-up has, but is maturing into a really nice company.

Great People Great Product

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time

Pros

I genuinely enjoy working at OneLogin. There are three things I look for when choosing employment: the people, the problem, the technology.

The OneLogin team is full of people who not only care about each other, they care about their work. It's energizing to work alongside teammates who you look forward to seeing!

The OneLogin product is solving a problem almost every company is faced with today, and it's creating solutions that win customers. It's exciting to be part of a team that is continually responding to market demands!

OneLogin is paving the way in the IAM space. Although some of us may have to work with older technologies, we have the opportunity of transitioning our product forward. This is a very interesting problem to be solving!

The OneLogin culture is one that I'm glad to be a part of. If you've ever worked somewhere you'd rather not talk about, know that this is not that place.

Cons

Some days can be extremely stressful when you're trying to find that show stopping bug. Enjoying the results of working under pressure will undoubtedly make this less of an issue.

The fast pace and rapid growth can often lead to work that isn't fully planned out. If you like taking charge and responding to feedback (both internal and external) this can be a good thing.

All those free snacks and lunches can give you a food coma, and sometimes you might have to wait for a turn on the foosball table.

Hire people you trust, and trust them to do a good job. As we grow, let's begin to give people more power to take chances on their own ideas.

OneLogin = Stimulation!!!!

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vibrant, fast-paced, successful startup culture that allows you to grow professionally and achieve what you thought was impossible. OneLogin provides an autonomous work environment that provides confident, highly energetic and self-motivated employees to exceed their professional and financial aspirations. If you are confident, coachable and love having full control of your career track, then OneLogin is your home.

Cons

Absolutely NONE! Our leaders have the playbook. Join the team, follow the playbook and add to it.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great product, compelling problems to solve, awesome people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

#1 pro for me: the people. I know it's a cliche, but I legitimately like nearly everyone I work with, across departments as well as hierarchy, which is hugely important for me as my role calls for collaboration across multiple functions.

We are fairly chill here for the most part, but it's frightening how focused we can get when it comes time to ship new features or solve issues for our customers.

Speaking of customers, we absolutely love ours. We work with some of the most succesful, coolest, smartest companies out there. We consider them our partners and are consistently inspired by them.

Benefits are great: unlimited vacay, daily catered lunch, stacked snack room, Foosball and Pool table, awesome office with one of the best views in SF, whatever equipment you need to do your job, etc etc.

Executive team and management in general are open and available. They will help you work through problems as opposed to just expecting you to deal with it yourself. I can't speak for everyone but my experience is that they genuinely care about your health/sanity and overall happiness, on both a professional and personal level.

Work/life balance is well-respected on most of the teams here. You are not expected to work 18 hour days and sleep under your desk to get stuff done. Quality of work is respected more than butts in seats. Plenty of people here have families, kids, projects outside of work, etc.

Cons

If you need a ton of structure and predictibility, you might not be the happiest camper here. Taking the initiative to figure things out yourself when the path forward isn't explicitly defined for you is a HIGHLY valued and appreciated trait here.

Processes change semi-frequently here (in the spirit of optimization and iteration), which might frustrate some people.

Career progression/goals aren't always clearly defined.

Electric skateboards aren't given to every new employee.

You have an awesome vision for the future of this company and this space. Maintain that to the best of your abilities and try not to be too deterred by competitor activity.

Continue caring about your employees. This will be very difficult as we scale, but it's hugely important and builds real loyalty. Ditto for our customers.

Exciting place to work with awesome people

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

OneLogin is a fast-paced workplace, but even so the work-life balance is great. I've always been able to take time off when needed, whether it's for a dentist appointment or a vacation.

Because the company is growing so rapidly, there are a lot of opportunities to have an impact and move up or move within the company. I've always been encouraged to take on more leadership and I've been empowered to make decisions.

If you want to work in an environment where excellence and teamwork is celebrated, this is the place!

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge. I'm surprised to read any really negative comments on here, especially by current employees, when I know just how much the company does (and everyone on the team does) to take care of every employee.

Keep the strong focus on culture as we grow

Exciting & Growing

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Identity Access Management (IAM) and Single Sign-On (SSO) is the gateway to launching your Cloud Apps.

The "cloud" has been talked about for year but true mass adoption is just starting to happen within corporate & enterprise IT.

OneLogin is a leader within this space and 2015 and 2016 are going to be an explosive time to be part of this transformation. The time to join OneLogin is now!

Also great work/life balance.

Cons

Not many, you just need startup mindset in order to excel. Rapidly moving and changing.

Stay focused on Customers, Partners and corporate culture as we rapidly grow in 2015 and beyond.

Startup with high growth capability

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, good salary, a few startup perks, excellent work/life balance, and located in a nice spot in the City. As a startup, you get the opportunity to help shape the company and "wins" are more frequent than at a larger company. The company has a bright future ahead of it due to the demand in this space, so it's not riding any kind of bubble.

Cons

If you crave a lot of structure (including in-depth training), this is not the place for you. If you want to help create structure then this is the place for you. As a startup, there are limited opportunities for career progression in the short term, but if you are in for the long haul, you will see this improve in proportion to the company's success.

Consistency is key to creating a positive work environment and removing some of the chaos inherent to a less structured org.

Winning Team

I have been working at OneLogin

Pros

'A Players' on board - God I like working with A Players
    Very little bureaucracy in the way of making necessary changes
    Cool working environment and fun people
    CEO is incredibly accessible

Cons

Interdepartmental communication could be better

Keep Innovating. It is inspiring when product comes to us and says "we are the only people in the world who can do this"

OneLogin Photos