OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial)

www.onemainfinancial.com
  www.onemainfinancial.com

OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.8

OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) President and CEO Mary McDowell
Mary McDowell

Pros
  • Good benefits- that's pretty much the only reason why I'm staying with the company (in 26 reviews)

• Great benefits, best pay for this position in town (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The work can get very repetitive and upper management can be pesky (in 13 reviews)

• No room for growth, products are ridiculous, and pay is inadequete for the amount of service provided on each account (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

It will teach you how to multi- task

Current Employee - Senior Branch Account Executive  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Account Executive in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced working environment and always challenging

Cons

Must know how to work fast in a multi-tasking job

Summer Intern

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

no treating you as a child
    management are professionnel and willing to help anytime

Cons

personally i have nothing to say wrong about the company

Horrible Company to work for

Current Employee - Branch Account Manager  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Branch Account Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro is that you have employment and are earning an hourly wage. You get full benefits that are too expensive but cover what they should.

Cons

I will first start with MONEY. I will give a specific example: I worked very hard and closed $106,305 in loans for one month. I earned a bonus of $315 for all that hard work. Do the math...that means I earned 0.29% commission on loans closed. ALMOST three tenths of one percent. That is rotten.

MANAGEMENT - "I am a salaried employee so I don't have to work a full 40 hours per week." Verbatim what my manager told me. She would show up 2 hours late and leave early every Friday and take 2-3 hour lunches. The managers sales quota is much smaller because they have to do other "business related tasks." Salaried positions are not designed to work 30 hours per week, more like 50+. That would be the idea behind being a salaried employee. Not here.

DISTRICT MANAGERS AND HR - Do not trust these people. They will stab you in the back as soon as they can. Employees such as myself, I was a branch account manager (BAM) are expendable and they will do what ever they can to bail out the Branch Managers.

THE JOB ITSELF - After stepping off my soap box I will give you an idea of what you are actually doing. The job itself is horrible. You are forced to solicit the same group of people every month. So if you have a loan with OneMain Financial, you will get called 2-3 times per month and asked if you need more money. So you have to basically call the same group of people every month and see if something has gone bad in their lives so they need to borrow more money.

You are doing loans for people between 25% - 28%. If you borrow $6,000 the customer will pay back about $11,500. Do you feel good about yourself doing loan for someone at that rate who is on a fixed income? Someone is getting rich and it isn't you.

My advice, look for a better job with a more ethical company. They (CITI) has been trying to sell the company for the last 6+ years. It will come and you will lose your job.

Be honest to your employees, customers and have some integrity. Pay you employees an honest commission. Your rates are too high. If someone has a 727 credit score, for one they are stupid for doing business with you, but give them a rate better than 18-22%. Credit unions will put you out of business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

one main collector

Current Employee - Collector III  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Collector III in Fort Mill, SC

Pros

Benefits are excellent and not too expensive.

Cons

Hours are awful, rude customers. Raises are only about .10...Commission structure impossible to understand.

Explain and have a formula where customers understand commission

The Worse Company to work for

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial)

Pros

The only good thing about this company is the benefits. The vacation time is good, but the managers act like they don't want you to use your vacation days.

Cons

The work environment is very stressful and overwhelming. The managers do not care about the well being of their employees. Managers and District Managers are condescending, abrasive, and malicious. The pay is horrible and there's few advancement opportunities.

Learn how to handle and speak in a professional manner to your employees.

My experience with Citi Financial was a professional pleasure.

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation I  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation I in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) for less than a year

Pros

I liked my space at Citi Financial and the ability to work at my own pace.

Cons

The challenge was with my family had an emergency that I had to relocate and was unable t stay at the job.

The company is very professional atmosphere at the same time management are down to earth and pleasant to work with. I received several awards for my collection progress.

Branch Manager

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial)

Pros

Great Benefits, structured training, up to 6 weeks vacation

Cons

Horrible hours, little room for advancement

I was a risk management intern

Former Employee - Risk Management  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Risk Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Loved it! Learned a lot of skills that can apply to any position not just risk management. My manager brought me in to pretty much every conference call and meeting that he had. So I gained a lot of professional expereince. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and you can stoll into anyones office at any time and ask any question without feeling judged

Cons

The pay is a little low at 15 dollars an hour but other than that I do not really have any other sugguestions that I can give. I had a great time.

None to be honest

Standard corporation with steady standard paycheck.

Current Employee - Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to work from home and at the office is a plus. It do have plenty of online training classes.

Cons

I would say that the compensation package can use some improvement in various areas. It could use some motivation and improved incentive.

Employees are your most valuable asset.

Great Company with top notch leadership

Current Employee - Director, Finance  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Finance in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Good management and company vision

Cons

Location downtown makes parking an added expense for lower level employees

Worked for OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial)? Contribute to the Community!