OneNeck Reviews

Reset
2.1
Phil LaForge

Been with company for nearly 3 years

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OneNeck is a fast paced, exciting place to work. Great co-workers and leadership.

Cons

I wouldn't say its a con, but as the company is growing there are many growing pains. But it is all for the better.

Advice to Management

Continue being leaders!

Good question. They keep changing them.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

used to be a fantastic company to work for. Still a good company to work for. Most of the good engineers and techs are leaving or have left due to new management, mainly the CEO Clint Harder and even worse is Phil LaForge. TDS corporate!! Open your eyes!

Cons

Clint Harder has said multiple times that they expect you to be available to work 24/7/365 regardless of whether or not you are the on call engineer. They have effectively stopped giving any kind of raises and just closed an entire office and laid them all off because they didn't meet the companies "expected growth". They only see $$ now that we are owned by a publicly traded parent company. I used to enjoy coming to work, now I dread it. Our customers have noticed the shift in legal and management and are opting out of renewing contracts and are pulling their servers and services back in house. Once the brand of OneNeck has been sucked dry by lousy management (CEO down to director level) then they will probably sell us to recoupe the profit we used to make before they changed everything. We went from a highly profitable company with some of the smartest IT and engineers to just another IT shop with crappy managenent.

Advice to Management

Honestly, if you care about the company... Step down. Promote from within from the few that still care and know how we should run. You have smart people and some are even almost PHD. Just quit already.

General impression

Current Employee - Service Technician and NOC Monitor in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Service Technician and NOC Monitor in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, nice people, fairly decent work environment,eventhough it is a touch stuffy.

Cons

Poor company organization, and that is a BIG one. Poor pay. The jobs themselves aren't too prestigious. You kind of feel like another minion in the machine, even if it is a smaller company (for now). It seems like management has no idea what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Get your organization down. If you have heard "It's like one hand isnt talking to the other" it is very similar as to what is going on here, except this company is a damn octopus, so the communication is an even bigger issue.

5. Small company with a corporate feel

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

Backed by a Fortune 1000 (TDS) Chocked full of some serious talent

Cons

Still evolving, like most small-to-midsize companies.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and let them be part of the company's evolution and personality.

6. Clueless

I worked at OneNeck full-time

Pros

Backed by a Fortune 500 company.

Cons

The new Management lacks understanding of the business. They turned a customer intimate and caring business into a commodity driven one with little interest in how it affected their existing customer base. The do not care about the employee or their well being, if you try to stand up for what you believe in, they will get rid of you. It's the my way or the highway management philosophy.

Advice to Management

Go work for a hardware or software company. You have no business working in the service industry.

State of the Union or State of the Joke

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Too many times the only pros have been stated as the people. I can only reiterate that and wont even repeat it.

Cons

An employee was recently fired and he sent a goodbye email and everything thing he said was true. Every employee should get up from their desk and just walk out for 1 day. Phil LA forge is the CEO of this ragamuffin outfit and his buddy Clint Harder the CTO. Not only are they bad bosses they are bad human beings, they only care about $$$$ and anyone that crosses them is in trouble. They ruing people financially and then they slander them. Please God give back to them what they have given so many – Please see fit they are both fired in the next six months.

Advice to Management

The only thing that can save this company is the former owner Chuck Vermilion.

Just waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck (More than a year)

Pros

I can't! I can't list a solitary pro other than the fact the checks clear every 2 weeks and that it's OK money.

Cons

I could write a novel on how bad it is to work here. Your children are sick , who cares they have 2 parents right? You are sick? OK use the sick time we provide but work at home anyway or else your fired. Vacation yea whats that? You are not willing to work 80+ hours a week? OK you are fired! Where Jim, Sally, Joe, and Bob? They were her a few minutes ago oh but they all just got walked out by HR. Management they all drive in every morning in their clown car and pile out with no clue how they got there or where they are going next. Please sell this company Pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!

Advice to Management

Resign I am sure you will get a nice Severance unlike all the people that disappear in the night. Stop destroying other good peoples lives because you have no clue how to run this business other than into the ground.

Why isnt there an option for no stars

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are really the only reason to work here. The people I interface with everyday, the day to day guys, are the absolute best. I love the people on the front lines, the "generals" are another matter.

Cons

Man, where to begin. Management is terrible. As so many have said, the management is so profit centered that they can't take time to even listen to their direct reports, let alone the front line employees that are customer facing. Management also loves to pull the trigger to implement projects without any testing or QA, such as merging ticketing bases, switching ticketing systems, and onboarding customers without any documentation, training, or UAT.

Advice to Management

Find another job. Seriously. TDS is going to be more and more unhappy with your performance as more and more talented resources and customers drain away from the suckhole you have turned a terrific company into. When those chickens come home to roost it wont be the front line that suffers, they will already have suffered the years of abuse and neglect that you have inflicted on them with your terrible management and poor implementations. When TDS brings the hammer down, you will be the ones under it.

No Support at any level

Current Employee - Sales Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is all I can say. I make a great living at the expense of my soul. I have a family to feed but that's about all I can say for now.

Cons

There is a lot of bad things I can say but what sticks out in my mind is the treatment of the employees from the SR. level management.. I sit in meetings and the CTO talks about how much we more can we squeeze from the employee. Write up anyone who complains is the new motto. Eventually someone will sue them they are so unscrupulous. Every great company knows employees make the company not the pin heads like us. I am embarrassed to be in management here but I will still take the paycheck.

Advice to Management

I am in Management and I wish I had more say. How can you tell people to be better to the people that look to them for leadership. We are not leaders we are bullies after a $$$ but there is a lot to get from this market guess that's all that matters.

5 Star Poster are Current Managers

Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't think of any pros after 12 years of sucking the life out of me is that I finally pulled the trigger and got a new job.

Cons

Nothing good can be said about this place. The new leadership is pure evil. 2 new posts said keep be leaders so that has to be any of them. When the original owner sold this place the gates of hell opened.

Advice to Management

None you can't advise people who know more than every other human being on planet earth. They watch glass door just to counter real posts with fake posts.

RSS Feed </> Embed