OneNeck

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.7

Charles A. Vermillion

I was a member of an acquired organization. The new corp structure is built for growth and execution.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company that has a strong go to market strategy. Opportunities to advance are ripe for the picking. Good compensation.

Cons

Need more operations engineering staff to scale and maintain high customer sat rates. New mgmt structure will align resources and maybe provide more synergies.

Keep up the great work. You are laying the groundwork for a billion dollar growth story.

Don't waste your time working there.

I worked at OneNeck

Pros

Used to be a nice place to work. Not perfect but nice.

Cons

Since they were bought out, things are steadily going down hill. All they care about is revenue, they no longer care about their customers and they certainly do not care about their employees.

None, it's too late to turn things around, unless you replace everyone in management.

Run don't walk away

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck

Pros

Flexible and OK salary most of the teams are nice.

Cons

Lots but all orgs seem to be on different pages and different agendas, no team work, it's not my job, speak customer service and do poorly at it. Cannot get an answer from anyone. Management is clueless although nice. This is the newest Phoenix IT sweatshop, will never be on a list of best places to work. Lots of buck passing.

None sell the company again. Staff up and make people accountable.

Exciting times for a growing organization!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Resource in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

-significant efforts underway to streamline tech environment management (job efficiency increase)
    -new solutions and technologies being introduced builds engineers resume as well as increases market competitiveness (on job training)
    -those that take risks and show their value through successes are well compensated (opportunities for increased responsibility and associated compensation perks)
    -management has an open door policy at every level; never been turned away from suggestion to request (value and respect employee's opinion)

Cons

-clearer vision for company with recent acquisitions
    -more transparency on organizational hierarchy changes to come
    -clearer resource requisition process (possibly tied to new business or qty of managed elements)

Great team, doing a bang-up job. However, don't forget to place your self in the shoes of a frontline resource, and provide more transparency to help paint a clearer picture. As visible in some vocal negative resources, minds will wander and assumptions will be made with lack of communication.

OneNeck is a great place to work

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow from a low level position, if you have the motivation, drive and wherewithal to ask for it.

Cons

There is some level of disorganization. My department does not seem to have this issue, but I've seen and heard a lot of other people from different teams upset about work load and lack of direction.

My Manager is pretty awesome. Keep doin what you're doin!

I made a mistake when I took the offer.

Current Employee - Ops Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, decent Salary, OK benefits

Cons

Seems to me there is something dysfunctional here, a lot of p contests between departments. Everyone has an excuse why the can't meet deadlines and seems to confusion or short staffed is the primary reasons. They say they are a flat organization "WRONG" , they say the delight the customers "WRONG" they p them off constantly. NO wonder customers and employees leave in droves. STAY Away lots of blame and no answers. POOR Planing every where.

None they are nice and trying hard but don't think they are the ones for change.

A great company to hire, but a terrible one to work for

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good telecommuting/work from home policy
    Good team chemistry

Cons

First off, I want to point out that the last two overly positive reviews were absolutely put up by someone in the marketing department or from Senior Management. Not one single person that works for this company outside them (trust me, I know) feels positively about OneNeck or its prosperity in the near term.

Absolutely no leadership from anyone in management. Employees are told to do whatever the customer wants, even if it's against their best interests, because so many of our customers are upset at us right now. Our management has no idea what the proper headcount is for any Operations staff - yet they continually say that we can't hire more people to address the incredible backlog of work we have. We've gone from handling P3 tickets (4 hour acknowledgement time) in 1-2 days max to more then 2-3 weeks. Due to that fact, we have a constant barrage of requests for adding users, groups, and performing other completely non-critical requests come in as P2s (must handle within 1 hour). This is killing our staff and causing multiple senior and long-term employees to find other jobs. We have lost almost a dozen people (6 from my department alone) in the past 6 months, each of them taking with them a ton of tribal, non-documented knowledge due to the huge backlog of issues we have to deal with. So every time we lose someone, we basically have to start all over with their customers from scratch. And due to the fact that we have no time to document issues or customer environments, so many things fall through the cracks, only to be found as P2 emergencies weeks or months later.

If you're in the position to provide technical guidance to customers, your advice will almost always be overridden or ignored by both our Customer Management team and/or the customer. And when the solution the customer wants doesn't work, we still get blamed and have to fix it immediately.

OneNeck is an exhausting, frustrating, thankless place to work.

Stop thinking that Enterprise-level IT support can be analogous to manufacturing. We cannot output "x" support in "y" time. Every issue is different, and due to the fact that all our customers have different implementations due to no standards being set or adhered to.

Also, if you want your people to start caring again, give them a reason to. Stop telling them that you'd gladly pay them Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Best company I've worked for ... yes, bumps in the road ... but where exactly don't those happen?

Current Employee - Senior Technical Resource in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

From the dawn of my tenure at OneNeck IT Solutions (then OneNeck IT Services), the people and management of OneNeck have almost universally been the best I've ever worked with. The benefits have always been better than average and compensation is as equally competitive. Other than the very thinnest of years (recession years), OneNeck has always given the typical 3-6% raises, depending on goal-achievement and other success factors. While not structured, nor formal policy, OneNeck has consistently paid bonuses to the technical teams based on overall Operations performance and other undisclosed success factors.

Cons

It is true that planning can sometimes seem to be lacking. OneNeck has always been a very agile company. Many customers come to OneNeck due to our flexibility and responsiveness to new customer transitions, customer projects and customer break/fix issues. As OneNeck has continued to grow, this agility is still a cornerstone; however, the growing pains of a fast-growing customer-base have made the road a bit bumpy ... but I've rode these waves with OneNeck before...and OneNeck will continue to use its agility to make adjustments and continue on the path of positive growth and evolution.

I also see comments here about OneNeck being an "IT sweat shop." Having been with the company for nearly a decade, I can honestly say that 90% or more of my work weeks have come-in under 43 hours. Perhaps this varies from discipline to discipline; however, I believe middle-management is receptive to, "No." when one needs to balance their personal and professional lives.

Make top talent retention a high priority.

So far I really enjoy it

Current Employee - Windows Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Windows Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team I work with is a fantastic group of very knowledgeable people and are very willing to share their experience. The benefits are fantastic, and options to telecommute and flexible schedule is terrific.

Cons

The work is very intense and can be quite overwhelming. The company is in the middle of a transition and several managers and senior resources have left and the positions have not been filled. This can be a problem as there is a lack of resources when you need cooperation from other teams.

You don't want to work here

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at OneNeck full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay.
    Get to "play" with a lot of different technology.
    There are a few good people left in the trenches. The # is dwindling quickly.
    If you are lazy - you can just sit around and collect a paycheck.

Cons

If you are not lazy, you have to work with and pickup the slack for people that only want to collect a paycheck.
    No incentive to work.
    Middle management reminds me of the worst from Dilbert.
    There is no direction.
    The integration plan from M&A has gone horribly wrong. There is no plan. There is no one that has a clue steering the ship.
    Customers know the deal and abuse you as a OneNeck employee, because upper management lets it happen.
    Customers are very unhappy about their level of service and take it out on the employees (recent).
    HR is clueless.

hummmmm... Since I know you guys, I don't think there isn't anything you don't already know.
    What is happening is not a bump in the road, or a just a few issues. The entire culture and reason behind why people enjoy doing what they do, has been removed from the company culture.