OneNeck Reviews

2.2
Phil LaForge

1. Been with company for nearly 3 years

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OneNeck is a fast paced, exciting place to work. Great co-workers and leadership.

Cons

I wouldn't say its a con, but as the company is growing there are many growing pains. But it is all for the better.

Advice to Management

Continue being leaders!

2. Small company with a corporate feel

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

Backed by a Fortune 1000 (TDS)
    Chocked full of some serious talent

Cons

Still evolving, like most small-to-midsize companies.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and let them be part of the company's evolution and personality.

5 Star Poster are Current Managers

Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't think of any pros after 12 years of sucking the life out of me is that I finally pulled the trigger and got a new job.

Cons

Nothing good can be said about this place. The new leadership is pure evil. 2 new posts said keep be leaders so that has to be any of them.
    When the original owner sold this place the gates of hell opened.

Advice to Management

None you can't advise people who know more than every other human being on planet earth. They watch glass door just to counter real posts with fake posts.

The unhappiest place on Earth - No disney land

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can really speak to other than a good majority of the people are really Nice. The people make this place not the leaders.

Cons

As another person said who is an account manager the leaders here are the worst.
    If you drink the cool aid and willing to have no off time meaning working literally 24/7 then you are a good employee. If you don’t well your time will be short.
    The two senior leaders here the CEO and CTO as well as their VP’s literally appear to hate the employees. They do nothing but put more work and pressure and say if you don’t like it leave.
    The underling middle managers are just as stupid.
    They recently sent out a memo that 50% of the employees like working there! Really are you kidding? If another company had that kind of turnover they would be in panic mode. They probably average a person every other day by firing or quitting.
    The only good thing is they will sell it eventually, they are trying very hard with marketing to say how great they are but insiders know they are bleeding money and the 1st thing they do is figure out who to fire next. That is their cost cutting methods. Many EEOC complaints against them to.
    Just a horrible place to be. I can’t wait to leave.

Advice to Management

None fire the CEO and CTO

6. Good company to work for

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. Great people to work with. Good flexibility for work and home balance.

Cons

There are a lot of changes in management and organizational structure being implemented but most of them sound very positive.

Account Manager

I worked at OneNeck full-time

Pros

My colleagues were awesome. The vast majority of the customers were fantastic. The Managed Hosting concept is a wonderful offering and market. Excellent benefits.

Cons

OneNeck management is vial. They are do not care about their employees but like to pretend they do. They are only in it for themselves. They preach ethics, but have none. Sadly the new management took a very good company and ran it into the ground. Their bottom line is money and they even attack the smallest of customers to the fullest legal degree they are allowed, even for something as small as $500.00. They do not care about customers that don't bring in a lot of money and make it painfully obvious making it difficult to support customers below an approved dollar amount.

Advice to Management

Actually live up to your mission statement. Stop putting on an act and actually make some hard changes within management. Get rid of Phil and Clint and the company may actually start having a positive attitude. Unless you all subscribe to Clint's theory of 'our way or you can leave' and 'take the weekend to go through your stages of grief, then come back in Monday with acceptance' or 'don't speak negatively about anything, and accept everything'

Things have certainly changed

I worked at OneNeck full-time

Pros

There used to be so many. This was once a great place to work

Cons

Everything that made OneNeck great is now gone, especially the leadership. The only good thing remaining is probably the ping pong table

I Detest Working here!

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros this is the worse job I have ever had

Cons

Too many to count I can't describe in words how bad of a place this is too work.

Advice to Management

None Please fire them all, sell the company to someone else or close it.

Started really good... then the buyout company crept in

Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots to learn and expand your horizons and resumes with. My first year i was like a sponge. There are a lot of good people there... Slowly suffering.

Cons

Its a Hosted Management Services company. You have no control. Even if you want the best for the company, you want to harden and increase efficiency, they will often turn you down or it will fall on deaf ears. I came to this company wanting to invoke positive change for our customers... and instead i find myself slogging through manual processes and wishing to be just a ticket monkey. This job has broken my resolve to be an amazing Unix/Linux admin. They are bringing on many new customer and not hiring for the load. I am assuming with all of the other TDS child companies they are hoping to 'one day' have a cross company administrative infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Our last CEO made it apparent that by making us, the employees, happy... we could in turn make the customers happy. That worked. People were more upbeat and dealt with issues better.

Understaffed overworked

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing colleagues always ready to help you. Tons to learn.
    The sales and marketing teams have stepped up their game and are selling deals we only dreamed of before.

Cons

Operations is understaffed and management shows no signs of hiring any time soon. There is no way this ops team can support the workload that's coming.
    Upper management rhetoric is about "being in this 7 x 24". No sense of personal life / work balance.

Advice to Management

Get your numbers right and start staffing your ops teams.

RSS Feed </> Embed