OneNeck Reviews

1. Lots of Positives but in State of Transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

I'm a long-time employee and the salary is competive, I work with some great people and management allows flexibility so that you can take care of issues at home and with family if necessary.

Cons

Lots of changes in upper management and there's a sense of instability and because of that some very good resources have left the company.

Advice to Management

Stop the bleeding in terms of attitude and get the positive "mojo" back. Top management (not supervisors) should go to your best and brightest, find out what they need and get them the extra people and tools even if that means cutting into the bottom line short-term. Go arm and arm with them and get them excited about the future and believing that you are on their side. Once all is back on track, then you can back off and let standard management and procedures kick in.

Started really good... then the buyout company crept in

Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots to learn and expand your horizons and resumes with. My first year i was like a sponge. There are a lot of good people there... Slowly suffering.

Cons

Its a Hosted Management Services company. You have no control. Even if you want the best for the company, you want to harden and increase efficiency, they will often turn you down or it will fall on deaf ears. I came to this company wanting to invoke positive change for our customers... and instead i find myself slogging through manual processes and wishing to be just a ticket monkey. This job has broken my resolve to be an amazing Unix/Linux admin. They are bringing on many new customer and not hiring for the load. I am assuming with all of the other TDS child companies they are hoping to 'one day' have a cross company administrative infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Our last CEO made it apparent that by making us, the employees, happy... we could in turn make the customers happy. That worked. People were more upbeat and dealt with issues better.

3. If you want a paycheck this place works. If you want a life and your sanity then look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at OneNeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The network and server admins and the regular non manager employees are great to work with and are genuinely hard workers.

Cons

Upper management still appears to be clueless in regards to running the organization. There is no clear path to growth and success and they continue to let top talent leave. The employees are overworked and stressed out due to lack of essential resources.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the good ol' boy network and pay attention to your good employees.

5. Getting better after a rough 2014. Finally starting to operate as one company, not a bunch of acquisitions.

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Vast majority of people are good people you like to work with.
    -Really smart and talented engineers.
    -Cool product offerings in a growing industry, lots of opportunity to get bigger.
    -New operational leaders that seem to know how to run/fix operations.
    -Overall company integrity.
    -Good salary and benefits including time off for volunteering

Cons

-Still weeding out toxic employees who are only in it for themselves and put more of a burden on people doing their job like they are supposed to.
    -Need to get systems in place so there is not so much "fire fighting" and things get fixed before it gets that bad.
    -Took too long to integrate acquisitions so people stayed in their silos and resisted any changes; hopefully past that now.
    -Parent company (TDS) policies can get in the way, but I guess that happens in a lot of big, public companies.
    -Corporate buzzwords everywhere!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the rest of the whiners because it drags down everyone else. Improve communications across groups so they can really work together. Make sure internal stuff does not impact customers.

Wporse place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Customer Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money is about it they pay well. I can't really think of anything nice else to say about this company.
    Any postive review posted on this sit is ether by a few dumb managers or Theresa Snyder the marketing VP.

Cons

1. No quality of life, chew you up sot you out and if you don't drink the cool-aid its you not them
    2. Don't care about their people just profits.
    3. You can't be sick, You can't go on vacation , you get no holidays -- if you do use them don't worry it's the same as being at work.
    4. People are jumping ship in droves lucky them.
    5. Cling Harder is the CTO but is really running the company the other guy no one even knows who he is.
    6. They are trying to repackage this company to be sold again.
    7. Don't work here you will regret it everyday.

Advice to Management

None it won't help this good ol boy network.

Don't waste your time working there.

I worked at OneNeck

Pros

Used to be a nice place to work. Not perfect but nice.

Cons

Since they were bought out, things are steadily going down hill. All they care about is revenue, they no longer care about their customers and they certainly do not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

None, it's too late to turn things around, unless you replace everyone in management.

8. I was a member of an acquired organization. The new corp structure is built for growth and execution.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company that has a strong go to market strategy. Opportunities to advance are ripe for the picking. Good compensation.

Cons

Need more operations engineering staff to scale and maintain high customer sat rates. New mgmt structure will align resources and maybe provide more synergies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are laying the groundwork for a billion dollar growth story.

Run don't walk away

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck

Pros

Flexible and OK salary most of the teams are nice.

Cons

Lots but all orgs seem to be on different pages and different agendas, no team work, it's not my job, speak customer service and do poorly at it. Cannot get an answer from anyone. Management is clueless although nice. This is the newest Phoenix IT sweatshop, will never be on a list of best places to work. Lots of buck passing.

Advice to Management

None sell the company again. Staff up and make people accountable.

Exciting times for a growing organization!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Resource in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Resource in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

-significant efforts underway to streamline tech environment management (job efficiency increase)
    -new solutions and technologies being introduced builds engineers resume as well as increases market competitiveness (on job training)
    -those that take risks and show their value through successes are well compensated (opportunities for increased responsibility and associated compensation perks)
    -management has an open door policy at every level; never been turned away from suggestion to request (value and respect employee's opinion)

Cons

-clearer vision for company with recent acquisitions
    -more transparency on organizational hierarchy changes to come
    -clearer resource requisition process (possibly tied to new business or qty of managed elements)

Advice to Management

Great team, doing a bang-up job. However, don't forget to place your self in the shoes of a frontline resource, and provide more transparency to help paint a clearer picture. As visible in some vocal negative resources, minds will wander and assumptions will be made with lack of communication.

I made a mistake when I took the offer.

Current Employee - Ops Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, decent Salary, OK benefits

Cons

Seems to me there is something dysfunctional here, a lot of p contests between departments. Everyone has an excuse why the can't meet deadlines and seems to confusion or short staffed is the primary reasons. They say they are a flat organization "WRONG" , they say the delight the customers "WRONG" they p them off constantly. NO wonder customers and employees leave in droves. STAY Away lots of blame and no answers. POOR Planing every where.

Advice to Management

None they are nice and trying hard but don't think they are the ones for change.