OneScreen

OneScreen Reviews

Updated Mar 10, 2014

OneScreen Founder & CEO Atul Patel

Atul Patel

Great employees, but with some underlying flaws.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic break room, good team spirit. It was an absolute pleasure to work at OneScreen and help develop fantastic software to try to shape the video streaming industry.

ConsSome potential issues getting visibility in the company when working on projects. Be prepared for instability in the business at this time. The future is a bit murky, but hopefully things will work out. However, for now, if a stable business is what you want to work at, I have to recommend against.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe software is good. Your workforce is good, especially your developers. Trust them!

Used to be great...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearn a tremendous amount.
    Fast paced environment
    Disrupt an industry
    Wear many different hats and learn about each team

ConsThe past CEO was the face/motivation of company after his unwarranted dismissal, the company and its environment is lacking in luster.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the old CEO back.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Was good, but now...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing coworkers, talented developers and analysts, Full stocked kitchen, Healthcare plan is above average(actually is pretty good). Regular happy hour, Used to be like a big family.

ConsMost of the Pros listed above are not there anymore. Will fall apart if it keeps losing talents.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't say any since the majority of management are gone.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always thrive to learn new things daily.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone around you is willing to make - test - faster - deploy

ConsThe only con will be that sometime business side could get loud.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur CTO is one of the brightest and most innovative person.

Fast paced company leading the new wave of video everywhere

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsBuilds advanced products for clients, quick to react to market change, good technology, laid back culture, client focused

ConsPotential for long hours, steep learning curve, more of an industry con then a company one.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower senior employees more.

horrible work environment

Irvine, CA

Prosyoung employees, fully stocked fridge, occasional happy hours

ConsOffice environment is very political. The CEO puts friend against friend to encourage a competitive atmosphere without regard to the social morale of the company. Clients go unpaid for months and are unhappy with performance of the company. Employees are not given any freedom to help move their clients along and are micromanaged through each step. When you talk to HR, you are met with the same "it is what it is" response. Low office morale, unhappy employees, unhappy clients, horrible environment.

Advice to Senior Managementto the CEO - Don't create drama and tension amongst employees, be open to other people's ideas, and don't cuss out and call your employees names.

to HR - listen to feedback. Don't just say "this is how it is." Make it better. It's your job.

Could use better management

Prossnacks, company happy hours, starbucks runs

Consdoesnt quite invest in their employees, rather than talk about instances of their dissatisfaction they proceed to just rather look for excuses of why they are terminating you and cant even explain the situation themselves.

Advice to Senior Managementbe upfront, honest, and candid with your employees, no one likes to feel like they've been left in the dark at the company he or she works at

Completely Clueless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSnacks and company outings. In order to make up for long hours and to make it seem like a "fun" place to work, company provides snacks and outings such as bowling and happy hours.

ConsHorrible management & long hours. Expected to work long hours, horrible work/life balance. Training is not provided to employees, as it seems even the managers are clueless as to what they are doing. CEO is condescending and extremely unprofessional. I saw many clients take their business away due to the lack of knowledge and professionalism. The majority of the company employees are kids right out of college without any knowledge of the business. Stay away, definitely not a company you will learn any industry knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed management who know what they are doing. Provide training to employees

Flag Review
    OneScreen Director of Human Resources responded to this review Aug 22, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for sharing your concerns. We always emphasize an open door policy, from the CEO down, so we can resolve issues as they occur and wish we had had that opportunity with you.

OneScreen is
    ... More

A Rewarding Experience

Irvine, CA

ProsThis company treats employees like family. Everyone's hard work is always recognized and appreciated, and no one gets disrespected or put to the wayside. The company pays employees very well, and the benefits and perks are too many to count. The CEO is very gracious, down to earth, and is passionate about the industry we're in. He doesn't hide in his office like most CEOs. I work hard, and at the end of the day, it's a rewarding experience.

ConsThe hours are a bit long (8 hours plus 1 hour mandatory lunch), and the office doesn't open until 8:30. So if you're an early bird looking to be home for dinner, this wouldn't be ideal for you. However, these hours are perfect for younger employees who love sleeping in and don't have kids to go home to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. You're doing an amazing keeping everyone engaged and making them feel like they are an integral part of the company. Recognizing and rewarding employees is a great way to keep people with you for a very ling time.

Being a part of this innovating company has been the highlight of my career.

Irvine, CA

ProsYou get to work with out of the box thinkers. The bosses are not traditional bosses they are still co-workers as well as motivators and mentors. The perks are unbeatable, I have been through a few companies both large corporations and start-ups and I have never had benefits/perks like what OneScreen offers. The salary is very competitive, which lets face it more money is always a good thing.

ConsThe hours can be long and some of the tasks can bring on a few headaches, but true personal, professional growth don't come without a few long nights and a couple of Advil along the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, the direction that you are moving in couldn't be more beneficial for the entire company.

Worked for OneScreen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OneScreen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OneScreen CEO Atul Patel. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by OneScreen employees.