OneShield

Updated October 28, 2014
2.3

OneShield President & CEO Glenn Anschutz
Glenn Anschutz

Good company with approachable management

Current Employee - Implementation Developer in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Developer in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at OneShield full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good money, approachable management, autonomy to do your work well, great work/life balance.

Cons

Not the new age Silicon Valley feel if you're looking for that. Nothing amazing in terms of benefits. Lots of emphasis on work and not a ton of employee work satisfaction.

Overall, I think you're doing a great job. However, there should be more emphasis on making employees happy, as to compete with all the new age Google-esk companies coming about.

Worst job in my career

I worked at OneShield

Pros

The pay was decent as were the benefits

Cons

Management. I cannot recall a more introverted set of manager's in my life. No direction, no input (until review time). The worst management team I have ever encountered

Clean out top to bottom

OneShield Response

Jun 11, 2014VP

The date of this review and the fact that it is by a former employee suggests that it was written by an employee that was just separated. While we appreciate the point about OneShield’s competitive ... More

Unprofessional, full of bureaucracy!

Current Employee - Business Analysis in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analysis in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at OneShield as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You can learn a lot since there won't be anyone to help you! Good exposure to all the LOBs of General Insurance. Pay good money to contractors.

Cons

Very unprofessional people, lot of bureaucracy, company doesn't have a lot of money and your job would always be at a risk. People who need sponsorship - Beware! DO NOT JOIN THEM FULL TIME!!!

Take Action and Eliminate Bureaucracy!!!! High TIme!

OneShield Response

Apr 16, 2014VP

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for recognizing that OneShield’s compensation program reflects the talent of the people we seek to attract. You have also offered some ... More

No money and poor leadership. Applicants beware.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at OneShield

Pros

You can get noticed if you do a good job. If you can provide an exceptional service as an employee you are very valuable.

Cons

This company has an abnormally high termination rate. They currently have money problems and have been laying off very good people since August due to a horrible sales campaign spanning 2010 - 2011. Prior to layoffs poor managers have routinely worked to inhibit career growth of hard working employees by providing inaccurate reviews and altered documentation to the detriment of their underlings. Good managers have not been leveraged to fill in the gaps as needed. In short this company lacks 2 key things... exceptional leadership and money. Applicants beware.

Get rid of the infrastructure manager.

Miserable

Current Employee - Manager in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Westborough, MA

I have been working at OneShield

Pros

Pay is very competitive compared to others

Cons

Management is some of the worst

Replace them

OneShield is trying to move beyond a startup.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at OneShield

Pros

The flexible nature of the assignments and opportunity to make process improvements. There are talented people who are completely dedicated to the client's success.The team members are hard working and are always looking to "do the right thing" for the client and the development of new product features.

Cons

The lack of consistently (or in some cases existence) implemented and followed processes is hindering the company from getting to the next level in its development as a top tier provider. This occurs on both the product and client side development and configuration efforts. There is a somewhat myopic view by management of the value-add that individuals bring to the company in the effort to get to the next level. The approach and methods used to get to the company to the point where they are at is not effective in getting to the next level.