OneSource Building Technologies

www.osbt.com

OneSource Building Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
OneSource Building Technologies – Houston – “OneSource Main Headquarters”

OneSource Building Technologies – Houston – “OneSource Main Headquarters”

Bruce F Davis

You couldn't ask for a better place to work

Project Lead (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat pay in a diminishing economy. Management actually cares about getting a job well done for the customer & taking care of their employees. New business procedures are created every day to fit our clients needs, and we've become one of the premier providers for major global companies. Great insurance, great atmosphere to work in. If you love sports, this is also the office for you!
    There is always room for growth here, but you have to put in the effort, just like any other job.

ConsThere are no cons. So many people want to complain about the atmosphere and how the operations are ran at this company. My advice is that there are way tougher jobs out there, and you will be expected to push yourself and go 100% no matter where you are employed. They have a business to run, and they are going to make sure you are doing your part. Don't expect to get a free ride on the easy train. They pay you, you don't pay them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing an excellent job - keep up the great work. You've built this company into something from nothing, and that is truly amazing in itself.

Challenging and busy

PM (Current Employee)

ProsGrowth and expansion during a downed economy. Mgmt is approachable and listens to your ideas. Our lead sales guy is knowledgeable and cares in our well being. Keeps us busy with work all around the world. Good place to work. Benfits are above average compare to my last company.

ConsNeed to hire more knowledgeable vendor mgmt. Coordinators perform their work majority of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real vendor mgmt with knowledge.

Great Company!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company is in a cutting edge business and is customer focused. Work force is diverse and knowledgable. Work environment, although hectic, is supportive and respectful. Management supports individual growth and advancement opportunities.

ConsVery busy company means highly demanding work. May not be suitable for people not used to working independently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing in talented and hard working people. Identify the employees that are only interested in drawing a check and not the needs of our customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work with

CMS Technician (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood place to work. They try their best to give you competivive benefits and good pay. Management does their best to keep the employees happy. Great 401K program, competivive wages,

ConsThey need to do more for those technicians that work outside of Houston. They are going thru growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to provide training to employees to keep up with the demands of the workplace.

great place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat place to work, relax environment, high tech company.

Consmusic cubicles, 8 hours + daily

Steady

Data Tech (Current Employee)

ProsIf you do a good job I think it raises your rating, so you get opportunities more regularly. Seems to pay pretty good.

ConsCompensation is not broken down per job, so it's a mystery sometimes what you are getting for which job. If you ask over the phone what a certain job will pay, they typically don't know that either. Most jobs require some home preparation which I don';t believe you are compensated for. Mileage is paid, but not the time driving. Not a big deal unless the job is far away.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe tech check-in process can sometimes be really tedious. Please either fix that or pay for the time being on hold or answering silly questions.

OneSource BT

Connectivity Support Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCurrent management is good 2007-Current

ConsLow compensation for technical market

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition and Compensation for acheivements

Poor Management skils and poor decency

Technician (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsI can not find one, looks like every employee is under tremendus pressure.

ConsManagers and Project Coordinators love to hide behind the phone answering system and emails, don't return your phone calls, travel policy is shady, you dont get pay for the first 10 miles, Project coordinator doesn’t advise enough details of the job, compensation is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with values and basic personal skills

Nightmare job, terrible management, long hours, low pay

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA good place to get some Project Coordination/Management experience but I'd suggest getting a PMP certification soon after and you'd have many more opportunities with better earning power elsewhere. Some people liked the Flavia coffee machine. At the time I lived on the NW side of Houston so the location was convenient.

ConsThe Sales staff is constantly over-promising and putting the Operations department into crisis emergency mode. The pay was extremely low, insulting really but in a bad economy I needed the job. No options for career development or advancement. Long hours, no time for lunch breaks, no overtime but you're expected to work past the typical 8-5. I had to constantly deal with 3rd party subcontractors, that I hired for jobs, calling me and asking for their paychecks. I felt bad calling people to work jobs for me because I knew it was likely that they wouldn't be paid. This resulted in the contractors threatening to put liens on the company where my projects took place, which upset my clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the Sales department communicate with Operations on scheduling before promising the world and last minute emergencies at 5pm that must be completed today because there's no way I'm going to be able to find a tech to do this job and you're just going to upset the customer and blame the Project Coordinator. Pay a fair salary comparable to industry standards. Less micro-managing.

Overworked, Underpaid,Shady Business Practices

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of free drinks to keep us caffeinated.

ConsLOT OF PAPERWORK!!! All the processes require extra paper to slow payment to vendors. Most vendors have terms of 45 days AFTER the ticket is closed. Typical terms are NET 30 from date work is preformed. Vendors call on a daily basis asking for payment. To the point that management will not take the calls and avoid answering.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vendor payment schedule to avoid ambiguity. Reduce paper by eliminating "billing receipts" Have a process for EVERY vendor issue and handle complaints immediately.

Worked for OneSource Building Technologies? Contribute to the Community!