OneSource Reviews

3.7

Steve Pogorzelski

Change is in the air

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with company a few years and this year has had more positive change than the others combined. New products, some new leadership, club trip to Mexico, more sales contests and believe it or not some summer hours flexibility.

Cons

Not all the sales teams or departments in the company are fully aligned, but manageable. Competitive market, but winning!

The changes are great and not unnoticed. More of the same, build a structure with more upward mobility as we continue to grow.

Different, but the same

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

some new senior management, new ownership, new product, better benefits that in previous days

Cons

lots of the same tired senior sales management, fear rules the sales floor, office location is a challenge, lots of talent has moved elsewhere

value your employees,

Company cares about its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of changes and exciting things happening - future is bright. Benefits have improved 100% since the company came out from under the infoGroup umbrella and is operating like a start up in many ways. Excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Operating like a start up - jobs are shifting and descriptions and hierarchy is unstructured (which can also be a positive).

Add some structure to the current environment (but not too much) so that path ahead to attain goals is clear.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exhilarating

Current Employee - User Experience, R&D  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - User Experience, R&D in Austin, TX

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the Austin R&D office, there is incredible freedom to innovate, and open access to share and exchange ideas with top-level execs such as the CTO and Director of Product Management. So far, the best job of my career.

Cons

Only the expected challenges of close collaboration between a remote R&D office and headquarters, but this is mostly overcome by technology and flexible teammates.

Avention (formerly OneSource) has amazing products, talented sales pros and world-class customers

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, above market compensation and good PTO out of the gate. Office is a little out of the way for some but it certainly beats a Boston or Waltham commute!

The sales team works hard and is rewarded handsomely for success. We are challenged to continuously improve and to think differently. I have grown as a sales professional in my time here as I am surrounded by a diverse group of talented sales pros. We also sell to sales execs, marketers, data guru's and professional researchers which many of us find rewarding.

The office is a fast paced, collaborate environment.

You can discount many of the old negative reviews as we are a 25 year old company that went through some rough patches and is now essentially a start up, with heavy investment in product, people and marketing. The old reviews speak to a lot of issues that have been wiped away under new ownership.

iSell, and now Avention, are unlike anything in the sales enablement, lead-gen and research industry. It's routine to hear customers tell us that we helped them generate tens of millions of dollars in new sales revenue with our products/services and in some cases gain hours per sales rep per week in selling time with our help. Very rewarding to be a sales person who helps other sales people sell more!

Cons

Those looking for a patch of shade need not apply. The sales team works hard, plays hard and is expected to operate in a professional manner. For some this is a con and these are the folks that don't last.

At times it's challenging to maintain a healthy work-life balance in this fast-paced, high growth environment. Travel is not an issue but sometimes there is so much activity and follow up that it's hard to know when to shut down and step away from the office.

I hate the coffee so I stick with the pan-fried green tea. It's delicious with a little honey and brown sugar. There's a Starbucks and DD nearby if you need a good cup of joe.

Continue investing in talented people, the Avention platform and marketing and watch your growth plans will come to fruition.

Avention (Formerly OneSource): Name change is just the beginning

Current Employee - Sales and Support  in  Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Sales and Support in Concord, MA

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New name, new products, new people are just the beginning. If you keep your head up, you can see there is unlimited opportunity. The recent changes have been extremely well received by customers and prospects, which had made selling fun and even a little easier.

Cons

Change is good, but there is lots of it and it takes greater focus to not be distracted. The changes will definitely weed out some.

Push through the recent changes as quick as possible to get the teams focused. Run some new incentives and contests.

Amazing Transformation Happening

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly energetic, thought leading technology company....

Cons

Office needs more light! This will be changing soon as well.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Great Place

I have been working at OneSource

Pros

Great Products and great idea of membership based buying groups

Cons

None that I can think of

A mixed bag, often frustrating.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

I worked at OneSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with some great people with great ideas and passion. Many of them were very helpful and supportive.

Cons

Strategy/direction unclear; poor execution; dysfunctional. Some staff were often unprofessional and were not held accountable and had no idea how to work effectively within teams.

Retain better staff; release toxic staff; utilize the talent you have and let them do great things.

Off to and exciting start to begin 2014

I have been working at OneSource full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is making changes. Acquisition of Salesquest announced on Tuesday. There is a lot of excitement around this acquisition. Lots of activity in the office. Overall attitude around the office is how big of a year 2014 is going to be. It's going to be a fun ride!

Cons

Not really a con, but let's keep up the momentum.

More of the same. Keep up the momentum.

Worked for OneSource? Contribute to the Community!