OneSource

Updated May 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Phil Garlick

Company cares about its employees

Concord, MA

ProsA lot of changes and exciting things happening - future is bright. Benefits have improved 100% since the company came out from under the infoGroup umbrella and is operating like a start up in many ways. Excellent work/life balance.

ConsOperating like a start up - jobs are shifting and descriptions and hierarchy is unstructured (which can also be a positive).

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some structure to the current environment (but not too much) so that path ahead to attain goals is clear.

Different, but the same

Concord, MA

Prossome new senior management, new ownership, new product, better benefits that in previous days

Conslots of the same tired senior sales management, fear rules the sales floor, office location is a challenge, lots of talent has moved elsewhere

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees,

Exhilarating

User Experience, R&D (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsIn the Austin R&D office, there is incredible freedom to innovate, and open access to share and exchange ideas with top-level execs such as the CTO and Director of Product Management. So far, the best job of my career.

ConsOnly the expected challenges of close collaboration between a remote R&D office and headquarters, but this is mostly overcome by technology and flexible teammates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avention (Formerly OneSource): Name change is just the beginning

Sales and Support (Current Employee)
    Concord, MA

ProsNew name, new products, new people are just the beginning. If you keep your head up, you can see there is unlimited opportunity. The recent changes have been extremely well received by customers and prospects, which had made selling fun and even a little easier.

ConsChange is good, but there is lots of it and it takes greater focus to not be distracted. The changes will definitely weed out some.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush through the recent changes as quick as possible to get the teams focused. Run some new incentives and contests.

Avention (formerly OneSource) has amazing products, talented sales pros and world-class customers

Concord, MA

ProsGreat benefits, above market compensation and good PTO out of the gate. Office is a little out of the way for some but it certainly beats a Boston or Waltham commute!

The sales team works hard and is rewarded handsomely for success. We are challenged to continuously improve and to think differently. I have grown as a sales professional in my time here as I am surrounded by a diverse group of talented sales pros. We also sell to sales execs, marketers, data guru's and professional researchers which many of us find rewarding.

The office is a fast paced, collaborate environment.

You can discount many of the old negative reviews as we are a 25 year old company that went through some rough patches and is now essentially a start up, with heavy investment in product, people and marketing. The old reviews speak to a lot of issues that have been wiped away under new ownership.

iSell, and now Avention, are unlike anything in the sales enablement, lead-gen and research industry. It's routine to hear customers tell us that we helped them generate tens of millions of dollars in new sales revenue with our products/services and in some cases gain hours per sales rep per week in selling time with our help. Very rewarding to be a sales person who helps other sales people sell more!

ConsThose looking for a patch of shade need not apply. The sales team works hard, plays hard and is expected to operate in a professional manner. For some this is a con and these are the folks that don't last.

At times it's challenging to maintain a healthy work-life balance in this fast-paced, high growth environment. Travel is not an issue but sometimes there is so much activity and follow up that it's hard to know when to shut down and step away from the office.

I hate the coffee so I stick with the pan-fried green tea. It's delicious with a little honey and brown sugar. There's a Starbucks and DD nearby if you need a good cup of joe.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in talented people, the Avention platform and marketing and watch your growth plans will come to fruition.

Amazing Transformation Happening

ProsHighly energetic, thought leading technology company....

ConsOffice needs more light! This will be changing soon as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Place

ProsGreat Products and great idea of membership based buying groups

ConsNone that I can think of

A mixed bag, often frustrating.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Concord, MA

ProsWorking with some great people with great ideas and passion. Many of them were very helpful and supportive.

ConsStrategy/direction unclear; poor execution; dysfunctional. Some staff were often unprofessional and were not held accountable and had no idea how to work effectively within teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain better staff; release toxic staff; utilize the talent you have and let them do great things.

Off to and exciting start to begin 2014

ProsThe company is making changes. Acquisition of Salesquest announced on Tuesday. There is a lot of excitement around this acquisition. Lots of activity in the office. Overall attitude around the office is how big of a year 2014 is going to be. It's going to be a fun ride!

ConsNot really a con, but let's keep up the momentum.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of the same. Keep up the momentum.

Progress, progress, progress

Concord, MA

ProsI have seen more positive change in last 6 months than all the years before being acquired. The effort to initiate change across the board is not going unnoticed and I definitely believe we will be he best player in the market before the ride is over. The innovation around the products is going to change the way people sell.

ConsThe transition pains from being a part of a bigger company to a standalone business.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet all depts moving at the same level.

Worked for OneSource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OneSource reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OneSource CEO Phil Garlick. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by OneSource employees.