OneTouch Direct

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ron Benson

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Answering inbound calls for T-Mobile setting up lines and adding lines to customers accounts

One Touch Direct (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsFull time job and you are guaranteed to have forty hours a week. $10/hr+ commission. Agents are there to help you with questions sometimes supervisors.

ConsIf you don't make sales you will be fired no matter how hard you try to get sales you MUST meet 20% conversion rate. Every call you take counts on you no way around it even if its a transfer call.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo agent should be penalized for a call that they have no control over. Agents shouldn't be penalized even if we try our hardest to get a sale and the customers just don't agree.

This company is hard to work for

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsNone - company seemed to do everything not to assist the employee

ConsEverything - no good benefits, office culture was anti - social

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance would help and taking away the micro management of 'minutes' would be a plus

Overall it is a good company to work for.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsPay and commission are okay. You have the potential to make a lot of money.

ConsSupervisors can be unwilling to cooperate with you. Lots of drama at this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was okay

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay with a revolving door.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsIf working in sales, you can make a lot of money. You can make more than $500 per week easily, and much more with hard work. Usually the clients are reputable, like ATT, Verizon, or T-Mobile.

ConsMiss the quota, you're fired! Plenty of break time. Tough on attendance. Once you're out, it's difficult to get rehired. Usually uneducated managers try to push numbers more than ethics. That being said, sloppy scammers get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain talent rather than shuffling in fresh new hires like clockwork. Perhaps promote based on talent and experience, not a personality contest.

One of my worst jobs ever

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsFull time employment...will hire ANYONE

ConsPoor training, lack of support, poor quality of product being pushed on to customers, basically no way to resolve ppl's problems, you just pass the buck, goaded to give customers stuff they don't need.. After day in and day out of hearing ppl have so much problems w/ this product, it became harder and harder to up sell or sign ppl up. My conscious would not let me and I had to resign

Advice to Senior ManagementShow ppl how they are supposed to sell the shoddy product you are peddling.

Working on the At&t Uverse program was upbeat and fun.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGreat pay and bonuses! The best award system I experience so far!

ConsIf your late by 5 mins occurences had up quick get three and you're out the door!

Advice to Senior ManagementNew supervisors were mean in stuck up!

They are good only if you have no experience

Verizon Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Prosthey hire anyone and I was making about 10+ commission (12.50-13 an hour), flexible schedules

Consthey fire people for no reason, i heard they hired people near 8 an hour plus commision after i left and fired a lot of good employees because they were making more money, also they constantly cheat u on ur paycheck and u have to catch them on it
    also call center work is depressing, you get yelled at all day long and its not easy by any means, even getting 13 an hour for it is being underpaid vastly

Advice to Senior Managementstop treating your employees like slaves

The experience was one I never got use to because of the on and off client relationships.

Telesales Lead (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsYou have a few different accounts to choose from to work on.

ConsPaychecks are rarely ever right. Revolving door not a place for a career. You never know when a client will pull their contract because of a bad employee or management.

top heavy company

Performance Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsYou can be a complete idiot and still be promoted to a performance manager as long as you listen

Conszero job security, programs fold and your out of a job. upper management is an old boys club, no chance for a woman to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry taking less and giving more

The worst place to work if you want to be treated fairly.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsA paycheck... flexible hours, and Sundays off...

ConsLOTS of favoritism, Supervisors will give you great leads if you are cool with them. Several of the supervisors use drugs, and I am not saying this because I am mad, because I am not. Some of employee's are allowed to come in for work, and leave for a few hours, and come back on the clock. Some of the top selling employees steal leads from other employees and management knows this, other employees have CLEARLY broken rules of AT&T, and I would hate to see what would happen if corporate found out. Your employees ARE NOT TREATED FAIRLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice... You are clearly hiring employee's off the street that have bad habits, and background checks are overlooked. You getting stolen from, and I would look into the activity of who is actually working...You are getting robbed, I have never ever EVER worked for a company more naive to their employees habits. Get more feedback from your employees who actually work, and care about their jobs. When you promote, and hire supervisors, keep an eye on them, because they are letting things get worse. Some of them are known to have drug habits. I dare you to do random drug tests, and see how many supervisors you have left. You are losing money, and I am not lying. I hope that your company is still in business in a few years...Because if not, you can only blame yourself.

Worked for OneTouch Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OneTouch Direct reviews and ratings in Tampa, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OneTouch Direct CEO Ron Benson. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by OneTouch Direct employees.