OneWest Bank

www.owb.com

OneWest Bank Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
OneWest Bank – Austin – “Bevo the Bull at Grand Opening”

OneWest Bank – Austin – “Bevo the Bull at Grand Opening”

OneWest Bank President & CEO Joseph Otting

Joseph Otting

Pros
  • Nice work-life balance, no micromanagment (in 3 reviews)

• Strong upper management with forward thinking vision (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management operates with the idea that they can just hire anybody off the street to do your job (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management is more impressed with themselves than focused on attracting business (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible place!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe hourly pay for this company was good.

ConsDon't value good workers!!!! Managers value friends instead. Favoritism is an all-time-high here. Also, some managers are not very knowledgeable in their positions. So some managers will ask for help with department colleagues for answers.

What company?

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

Prosnot a bad job if you can handle the stress of dealing with grumpy customers on the phone. Plan on getting yelled at for the poor policies of the company and the poor service of back end departments that don't speak to the customers. The pay was very competitive, especially if you earned high bonuses.

ConsMortgage servicing department reduced from several hundred to maybe a dozen employees with no warning. Dishonest to employees and customers alike.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe get that you have to be careful with how information is released but it is better to say nothing at all then to tell blatant lies. Telling us our jobs are secure for years to come one day and then laying us off the next is the ultimate betrayal.

company sold...

Underwriter (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI really enjoyed my job, and most of the management as well. Great opportunity for advancement.

ConsAs other reviewers stated, there was a lot of favoritism. The biggest "con" is that the company sold their loans, and reverted to outsourcing. This led to a company wide lay off, which was very disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to give, as only a few managers left until the finalization of the lay offs. Previously, I would have suggested to offer more training to the customer service reps, and further training to most managers. A lot of them depended on tenured employees for answers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Rep/Call Center

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsAt first, this company was great to work for. Family friendly, great atmosphere and very fast paced.

ConsThe company was not forthright with employees at the end of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest

Great place to work.

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgreat southern CA biggest bank with a community bank mind

ConsNot enough locations in the United States

Not a very good environment for innovative people to work for...

ProsSalary and bonus are pretty competitive in the medium market range.

ConsCompany does not invest in technology. Not sure if it is from up above or due to CIO that is lacking IT background. Everything is about cutting cost, not about how to do it right for our customers. Very stressful environment. Please prepare to work at least 10 hours a day plus some on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your good employees! Remove the stupid salary cap! That is non-sense! This is how you lose great employees.

They ONLY care about how much money the investors earn....people don't matter, customers nor employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsAnnual bonuses and some talented employees.

ConsPoor leadership, disengaged employees, no management support of meaningless business principles.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize your business strategies are very short-sighted and eventually, you'll reap what you are sowing.

Experience of a Lifetime!

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsThrough the ruins of three failed Banks, out came a diamond in the rough. Joseph Otting and Steven Mnuchin have built a Senior Leadership team that set the tone for OneWest's Business Principles.

OneWest is a great place to learn and grow with promotional opportunites through out the Company.

ConsNone that come to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider expanding the Company's primary volunteer opportunities to organizations other than just Junior Achievement.

Failed IndyMac Culture Still Alive and Well...

ProsPasadena, Santa Monica, and Beverly Hills, and Austin back-office support locations. These cities are full of culture, historic sites, and great communities.

ConsUnsupportive culture RE career growth and proper business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow executive and senior management to make their own decisions and not have everything run through committee/CEO.

Hard to soar with eagles when you're flocking with turkeys

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsThey pay a lot of money.

ConsThey will toss you out like yesterdays' leftovers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so darn secretive. How can anyone help you if you don't give them any insights into what is going on?

Worked for OneWest Bank? Contribute to the Community!