Onin Group

Keith Phillips & Hugh Thomas

Best Company I have ever worked for,

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been in staffing for over 20 years and this is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The integrity with which management conducts business is unheard of this industry. It it's not right, we don't do it. Our philosophy is to treat people with respect, fairly and with kindness. Our phenomenal 1200% growth alone speaks to the work ethic of this company. If you are willing to work hard, there are no limits to your future. Granted, there are no free rides, but you only truly appreciate the things that you work hard for. The owners truly care about each employee and work hard to show that to us every day.

Cons

As we experience such rapid growth, more training needs to be available. But when you are growing at such a rapid pace, it is often difficult to keep pace with all of the needs this requires.

Never lose the small company feel and sense of family that we have developed as we grow.

It is a great place to work! They care of lot about the people who work for them and the communities that they are in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a great work life balance! They want to make sure their employee's are happy and well taken care of.

Cons

They need to stay more engaged with the employee's and make sure that they know what goes on in all of the offices that they have.

Stay true the employees who are loyal to you. Take care of them and they will take care of you.

Company that's run the right way

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is outstanding. Working for people who have integrity as such a foundational aspect of what they do really makes all the difference. As a result, the company has grown constantly as long as I have worked here, and it was already growing when I jumped on board. Team relationships are strong, and it's just an environment you want to stay in.

Cons

The rapid growth makes things a little crazy! It's hard to keep up and it is a really fast pace, but it's just always been like that.

Besides possibly better communication from superiors, keep up what you're doing!

Truthful and truly Values Based

Current Employee - National Sales Director in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - National Sales Director in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

An important aspect of leadership is to do. There is value based philosophy in this company that what they say they are going to do, and they do. You are not just a number but an individual and you receive support form the top down.
    While to some it may not be appealing to work for a privately owned company because of the possible work conditions deteriorating, that is not the case with Onin.

Cons

With just 2 months in the company I have yet to find any cons. If I was pressed to define one, no one is perfect, it would be the need for uniformity of processes.

Keep doing what you are doing and don't let growth change your philosophy.

Awesome opportunity for entry-level job seekers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Onin Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Onin offers a great work environment. Everyone knows their responsibilities and are expected to complete those task, but there is no micromanaging. I love the fact that each person is completely accountable for his/her role in the company. There is a warmth you feel when you enter the office and I feel that is what makes the company successful because there is no "workplace drama" just a united goal of providing exceptional customer service. The people at Onin work extremely hard to provide top rate service to their clients and temporary workers. This is evident through the company providing vacation pay to temp. workers after so many hours of service, scholarship contest, and health benefit programs. I think its rare to find a company that invest so much time in catering to the needs of its employees.

Cons

One area of improvement I would consider for this company is to promote more professional development. I do think that once an employee is given a certain position within the company it is a bit difficult to define a clear career path. This may be difficult for someone that is career driven. However, if an employee is content to be in his/her current role, this is a great place to work.

My advice to management is to continue to promote a positive work environment, offer more professional development and define career paths for eager individuals, and continue to grow the company.

A great place to work - treated like a person, not a number!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the Onin Group for over 4 years and it is the first time I have ever said, 'I love my job!" I have found the staff to be caring people that really want to do the best for everyone. It is a unique and complicated situation - they have to balance the needs of the client (the companies where they place people to work) along with the needs of their employees. This is not always an easy task and I say they usually do it quite well!

Cons

Sometimes hard to know who I should talk to about any issues - the place I work or Onin. I usually opt for Onin and find that the situation gets resolved with less problems that way.

Keep striving to best the best in the staffing industry!

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a corporate employee I have had lots of room for growth and advancement. The owners are genuinely good folks. There is a concerted effort from upper management to treat people the right way and approach the business with a servant heart. Leadership empowers it's employees and encourages innovation.

Cons

The company has been in rapid growth mode so sometimes it feels like we are repairing the plane while flying it. I think the company could make more use of metrics or KPI's in order to objectively measure performance. Although they have made great strides in training there is still room for improvement.

Best place to work

Current Employee - IT Intern in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IT Intern in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and amazing work place, smashing co-workers, great benefits. One of the owners of the Onin Group has an amazing hair cut.

Cons

Co-workers mess with my desk when I am gone for the day. Not many team building exercises.

Need more Team building exercises

In House Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent upper level management. They're very approachable and they will work with you to solve problems. They recognize and value loyalty and commitment. You don't necessarily need to have a strong staffing background to work here- just a willingness and drive to learn and excel at what you're doing. The training program is a work in progress, but additional training is *always* available upon request.

Cons

I don't really have a point of comparison for the benefits packages. My job is perfect for me. I'm not saying the company is perfect, but there are no cons for me in my current role.

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Onin Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Found a job for me quickly. Good pay. A big shout-out to the Onin Staffing crew in Center Point!!

Cons

None that I can think of.