Onity Reviews

2.9
Geraud Darnis

1. another one bites the dust

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Onity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great place to work. Good people, and there is always a lot going on. They really cared about the customer, many employees would do everything in order to meet their requirements.

Cons

Moved the company out of Atlanta. Missing president of the company, he would show up a few times only. Short on employees, there was always more to do than resources.

2. Hardware Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Onity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Job, changed from day to day to it remained interesting.

Cons

To much management turnover leaving employees without good managers

Advice to Management

Always advise employees of what is going on in the company.

3. Great Employee Education Benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Onity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

UTC provides a path for any employee to go back to school to further their education. I know many co-workers who have completed Associates, Bachelors and Master degrees with this program. UTC pays the schools (institutions) directly.

Cons

-Long hours. -Limited access to HR department (no representative onsite). -Limited accountability.

Advice to Management

The management team really needs to improve their ability to work together, consistently.

5. data analyst

I worked at Onity

Pros

Easy work environment with relaxed dress policy.

Cons

Low pay when compared to industry standard.

Advice to Management

Change company policy to fit sales goal.

6. Good Learning Experience

Former Employee - Sales in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Duluth, GA

I worked at Onity

Pros

Great access to Hospitality Market because of the prominence of Onity's name in the industry. They are late in developing new products for the industry due to an older Philosophy of let innovators fail and work out the bugs then Onity will cautiously try something new. Fortunately they have reversed this philosphy as it did not serve them well in the hospitality market place.

Cons

Silos in Onity departments keep the message from their customer's from having much impact to change Onity for the better. Very little sense that departments work together or have the same goals. Many disconnects between the customers we serve and what we actually do to serve our customers. Information flow & feedback between departments and employees that is consistent with an overall vision of customer service is practically nonexistent. Customer service is done by the heroic efforts of some dedicated employees against a corporate culture of upper management that pays lip service to customer service.

Advice to Management

No one in upper management at Onity has taken the time to listen to customer feedback and implement silo changes or to know what those changes might look like. Upper management can be the change agent but my opinion is that they have not taken the time to understand the business or our market needs. They appear to be too "upper" to have a nitty gritty sense of what is needed at Onity. They seem to parked comfortably for the next corporate assignment elsewhere.

7. What a Joke

Former Employee - Technical Support\Commercial Support in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support\Commercial Support in Duluth, GA

I worked at Onity

Pros

UTC education benefits are fantastic even after they modified the cap. Still by far the education perks are probably the best in the world.

Cons

Lied to by management about professional growth opportunities. Constantly held back by middle management. 5 year employee never received an opportunity to grow within the organization. It caused such a rift that a middle manager actually quit after being told that I could not transfer from one department to another. Was advised that I would be a great person for a field training position; however, was never hired for the role but was expected to train new hires and support them all while they were compensated far more than myself. The only time in my life that I actually earned less money the with a company the longer I stayed there. I was never compensated for both hours worked during the week over my 40hr schedule and I was never compensated for time during business trips. Company fired many employees during a down sizing rather than to lay them off in order to prevent them from collecting unemployment benefits. Both HR and Middle management is a joke because they manage employees and have no idea how the products work. Quality has gone down hill to a point that it really makes you wonder how they even remain in business. At one point I was advised to actually lie to customers about a known issue that had been documented 5 years earlier. No information sharing between departments. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. As if that wasn't enough you have a terrible employee morale around the office.

Advice to Management

Gut the organization. Middle Management and HR is a complete joke. No understanding of employee compensation exists. Poor growth mobility within the organization. Better information sharing between departments. More communication from the top down.

8. very good

I worked at Onity

Pros

good place, coworker are friendly. Good benefit

Cons

long hours and the schedule was not good. they open 24hrs /7

Advice to Management

none

9. Human Resource is a joke.

I have been working at Onity

Pros

The people there are great to work with. Not so much about Senior management. Most people there have been employed at Onity for more than 7 years.

Cons

Senior management is awful. Every other year there's a new president. The sales are low therefore they have to lay off more people causing the remaining employees to take on several roles.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, when they tell you that someone made racial comments you need to do something about it instead of trying to diffuse the situation.

10. Not a bad company but management could be better!

I have been working at Onity

Pros

Benefits from the parent company are great.

Cons

Management from the local company is bad.

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees more. Many of the employees are seasoned and have a lot of experience doing what they do, trust them when they tell you about product defects, help them to understand your point of view as a whole; how their problem relates to other departments.

11. Good experience working here but no growth

I have been working at Onity

Pros

market leader, good staff and environment

Cons

not organized, products are old

Advice to Management

need new products to be able to meet customer expectations

RSS Feed </> Embed