Ontraport Reviews

58 reviews filtered by
4.5
Ontraport CEO Landon Ray
Landon Ray

Pros
  • Beautiful office in Santa Barbara - couldn't ask for better location (in 7 reviews)

• Work environment: Beautiful office with outstanding 180 panoramic views of the Santa Barbara Riviera (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • We're growing fast, so priorities shift rapidly (in 3 reviews)

• No Cons, Just a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

Great place to work, from the location to the company culture, it all rocks!

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company culture rocks! Very friendly, laid back, and everyone has a voice. The company meal plan is great, with good tasting, healthy food.

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side and there is no 401K plan currently offered. PTO days cannot be accumulated paste 6 days, which makes it impossible to take a two week trip to visit relatives across the country. I would like to see the limit extended to 10 days.

Would love to see a 401K package offered and please consider extending the limit on accumulated PTO to 10 days so it is possible to take a two week vacation, which is the minimum length of time to have a good vacation when driving and visiting family across the country. Mostly, keep up the good work!

2. Decent Intern Experience

Former Intern - QA Engineering Intern in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Intern - QA Engineering Intern in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Ontraport as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Lots of meetings so you get many chances to know everyone. Somewhat good QA training curriculum. Catered meals!

Cons

Unpaid internship for a computer science related field? Seriously? That's just bad business practice. Nobody asks for much. Just enough to live. Portions are small for catered meals and I often brought more food (I'm a pretty small guy too). It's like wordpress with marketing capabilities so it wasn't all that interesting.

The benefits are pretty good but I can't pay rent with benefits. Interact more with your interns! There is no indication that this internship is supposed to translate to a regular position. It's as if people were surprised that interns would want to move up the ranks.

3. Management is rigid

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

The people are genuinely nice. They are kind and helpful. The shorter Fridays (8.30-1.00pm) is definitely a plus, and the company provide breakfast and lunch in site.

Cons

Too much role changes in such a short period of time (completely different from the role I was hired for) made me uncomfortable whether those changes will help me grow into my desired career path.

5. Unique and full of gratifications

Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, values and great culture. It's a work-life perfectly balance life style, great environment and amazing workplace. The campus is in a great location.

Cons

There are no cons right now. Only thing is that we are growing super fast and It'll be hard keeping our culture and values alive. It's ot a cons but something that just worries me.

Management should be more involving. They should get much closer to the other employees narrowing the gap between them and the rest of the Team.

6. Fun and energetic place to work... and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time

Pros

Many opportunities for personal growth and career development. Great company perks like catered meal programs, company trips, and a beautiful office space with an amazing view of the city of Santa Barbara. The entire team is an amazing group of people to work hard with and we even hang out together on the weekends...

Cons

Lifestyle company. Sometimes the job can be very demanding... but with that said, I never feel like my team didn't have my back with whatever challenge I am faced with.

Occasionally there is a dictatorship vibe that comes and goes... but you can't argue with the results -- the team and culture is remarkable.

7. Ontraport community honestly cares and treats you like real family

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best things about working here: the community and culture are great, everyone is super friendly and helpful, the campus is gorgeous and the equipment we use is better than the standard, managers are always looking to help teach and push you to improve yourself and chase after promotions

Cons

There is a lot of work to do, a lot roles changing with promotions leaves gaps that need to be closed from the vacated the positions, but its also an opportunity in disguise to adapt fast and learn to be the one to fill those gaps

We need more time off during the holidays.

8. I can probably write a short novel on how awesome this company is.

Current Employee - Support Sidekick in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Sidekick in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Huge growth potential.
     - Fun, friendly, and hip atmosphere. When I say friendly I really mean you are working with your friends.
     - Truly feels like you are part of a start-up.
     - Professional, but not corporate.
     - You can be yourself.
     - Your PERSONAL growth is encouraged. (They throw parties for employees that quit to pursue their own entrepreneurial goals.) O_o? :-D!
     - Flexible, understanding, and cool management.
     - Breakfast and lunch everyday but Friday, because Fridays are ~half-days~ for most employees, and the food is GREAT.

Cons

No set schedule, but at the same time it's nice to mix things up every week.

Stay awesome.

9. It's my first job out of college and I could not have been luckier!

Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I just moved to Santa Barbara and as soon as I started working at ONTRAPORT I made some friends who I know will be with me for the rest of my life. The people are so interesting and so supportive. They really care about each other in a way I did not expect from a workplace. Work life is relaxed but everyone cares so much about what we're doing and what the vision of the company is that we put everything we have into the work. It's challenging at times because there's so much to do and we're growing so fast but I already know so much more about business, about tech, about people and about myself since I began here. Our campus is beautiful, the food is great, the parties are so fun. My direct manager and her supervisor are some of the most inspiring people I have come across. They're both excessively talented leaders and meet with me 1 on 1 every week. I hear from our CEO and our COO a lot as well. Work life balance is pretty great too. My coworkers are always down for a beer on a Tuesday night to hang out and try not to talk about work. Everyone just likes each other.

Cons

The work gets really hard really fast. You're multitasking so much and can't possibly do everything thrown at you during your hours. It gets stressful at times. Also, I really wish I was making more money. The amount of work I do for the company definitely makes me feel like I deserve to be making more. There is opportunity for advancement but I wish it would come sooner!

Change the music on the hold line for customers. It's pretty bad right now and a little off-brand!

10. I love my job!

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The workplace is great! Everything from the atmosphere, to the people, to the actual job itself is wonderful. Being surrounded by like-minded, billiant people helps everyone to be their best.

Our leaders take great care of us and really care about our needs, our wants, and our comforts. We have a ton of great benefits and resources available to us when needed.

Cons

The intensity of the work can get a bit overwhelming at times. We are still a fairly small company but our client base is growing very fast and sometimes it's hard to keep up with the demand.

Keep doing what you're doing! I am honored to be a part of such a wonderful company.

11. Appropriately challenging

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture. The people. The perks are nothing to sneeze at either. The truth is there's little to complain about. We are, and will continue to be, a powerhouse in our industry founded by an organization of people who care.

Cons

This isn't a typical 9 to 5 job, if you want to grow quickly within the organization you'll need to be willing to work hard. Which can mean late nights, early mornings, thankless efforts. Nothing is done out of malice, it's just the way of the world in a lot of cases.

Keep our promoting internally value relevant when looking to beef up the ranks in certain departments. I think if you give people a chance to rise to an occasion you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.