Ontraport Reviews

Reset
4.5
Ontraport CEO Landon Ray
Landon Ray

Pros
  • Breakfast and lunch everyday but Friday, because Fridays are (in 7 reviews)

• Great company perks like catered meal programs, company trips, and a beautiful office space with an amazing view of the city of Santa Barbara (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • We're growing fast, so priorities shift rapidly (in 3 reviews)

• No Cons, Just a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

1. ONTRAPORT saved mah life!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was job hunting after college and got discouraged because I wasn't getting hired anywhere. It was worst feeling ever! Then I got an interview and was hired at OP after applying and I was ecstatic! The vibrant culture is what drew my attention, and the people I have met have become the coolest friends and best teammates. The position at first was really stressful and challenging, and I didn't think I would make it lol then one day it clicked and now I have it down. I am grateful for the skills that I have acquired and what I continue to learn. I believe in our product and am very enthusiastic about the future of this company. Our clients are pretty awesome as well!

Cons

-Pay is not as high but I can live -No 401k BUT if people are smart they should know that they can open their own 401k account at a bank ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. Can't Complain

Current Employee - Customer Support
    Current Employee - Customer Support

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible when asking for time off - Everyone gets along and are willing to help each other - Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks twice a day - Great training program to ease you into things

Cons

- Short-staffed so some days can be overbearing - The company is trying to outgrow itself too quickly (i.e. making changes before the first changes prove to be effective or not)

Advice to Management

Lets focus on improving the product so that it is seamless before adding additional features. More reps in the support wing will be helpful too in order to keep creating good customer experiences

3. One of the best in Santa Barbara

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orinda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orinda, CA

I worked at Ontraport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the people, the people. You're surrounded by family. Everyone is very open minded and supportive (although the average age is about 30). You also have great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Some weird politics and some sense of a lack of stability. Also, most people could be paid more elsewhere.

Advice to Management

None

Marketing Intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and breakfast, experience is useful, great reference

Cons

culture may not be the perfect fit for some people. A lot of people don't make an effort to talk to interns.

Advice to Management

I think the company should interact more with the interns instead of going to places to eat together.

6. Management is rigid

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

The people are genuinely nice. They are kind and helpful. The shorter Fridays (8.30-1.00pm) is definitely a plus, and the company provide breakfast and lunch in site.

Cons

Too much role changes in such a short period of time (completely different from the role I was hired for) made me uncomfortable whether those changes will help me grow into my desired career path.

Great place to work, from the location to the company culture, it all rocks!

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture rocks! Very friendly, laid back, and everyone has a voice. The company meal plan is great, with good tasting, healthy food.

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side and there is no 401K plan currently offered. PTO days cannot be accumulated paste 6 days, which makes it impossible to take a two week trip to visit relatives across the country. I would like to see the limit extended to 10 days.

Advice to Management

Would love to see a 401K package offered and please consider extending the limit on accumulated PTO to 10 days so it is possible to take a two week vacation, which is the minimum length of time to have a good vacation when driving and visiting family across the country. Mostly, keep up the good work!

8. Fun and energetic place to work... and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time

Pros

Many opportunities for personal growth and career development. Great company perks like catered meal programs, company trips, and a beautiful office space with an amazing view of the city of Santa Barbara. The entire team is an amazing group of people to work hard with and we even hang out together on the weekends...

Cons

Lifestyle company. Sometimes the job can be very demanding... but with that said, I never feel like my team didn't have my back with whatever challenge I am faced with.

Advice to Management

Occasionally there is a dictatorship vibe that comes and goes... but you can't argue with the results -- the team and culture is remarkable.

9. Unique and full of gratifications

Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, values and great culture. It's a work-life perfectly balance life style, great environment and amazing workplace. The campus is in a great location.

Cons

There are no cons right now. Only thing is that we are growing super fast and It'll be hard keeping our culture and values alive. It's ot a cons but something that just worries me.

Advice to Management

Management should be more involving. They should get much closer to the other employees narrowing the gap between them and the rest of the Team.

10. It's my first job out of college and I could not have been luckier!

Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just moved to Santa Barbara and as soon as I started working at ONTRAPORT I made some friends who I know will be with me for the rest of my life. The people are so interesting and so supportive. They really care about each other in a way I did not expect from a workplace. Work life is relaxed but everyone cares so much about what we're doing and what the vision of the company is that we put everything we have into the work. It's challenging at times because there's so much to do and we're growing so fast but I already know so much more about business, about tech, about people and about myself since I began here. Our campus is beautiful, the food is great, the parties are so fun. My direct manager and her supervisor are some of the most inspiring people I have come across. They're both excessively talented leaders and meet with me 1 on 1 every week. I hear from our CEO and our COO a lot as well. Work life balance is pretty great too. My coworkers are always down for a beer on a Tuesday night to hang out and try not to talk about work. Everyone just likes each other.

Cons

The work gets really hard really fast. You're multitasking so much and can't possibly do everything thrown at you during your hours. It gets stressful at times. Also, I really wish I was making more money. The amount of work I do for the company definitely makes me feel like I deserve to be making more. There is opportunity for advancement but I wish it would come sooner!

Advice to Management

Change the music on the hold line for customers. It's pretty bad right now and a little off-brand!

11. Ontraport community honestly cares and treats you like real family

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best things about working here: the community and culture are great, everyone is super friendly and helpful, the campus is gorgeous and the equipment we use is better than the standard, managers are always looking to help teach and push you to improve yourself and chase after promotions

Cons

There is a lot of work to do, a lot roles changing with promotions leaves gaps that need to be closed from the vacated the positions, but its also an opportunity in disguise to adapt fast and learn to be the one to fill those gaps

Advice to Management

We need more time off during the holidays.

RSS Feed </> Embed