Ontraport

Updated December 25, 2014
4.6

Ontraport CEO Landon Ray
Landon Ray

Pros
  • Beautiful office in Santa Barbara - couldn't ask for better location (in 7 reviews)

• Work environment: Beautiful office with outstanding 180 panoramic views of the Santa Barbara Riviera (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • We're growing fast, so priorities shift rapidly (in 3 reviews)

• No Cons, Just a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun and energetic place to work... and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time

Pros

Many opportunities for personal growth and career development. Great company perks like catered meal programs, company trips, and a beautiful office space with an amazing view of the city of Santa Barbara. The entire team is an amazing group of people to work hard with and we even hang out together on the weekends...

Cons

Lifestyle company. Sometimes the job can be very demanding... but with that said, I never feel like my team didn't have my back with whatever challenge I am faced with.

Occasionally there is a dictatorship vibe that comes and goes... but you can't argue with the results -- the team and culture is remarkable.

Management is rigid

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

The people are genuinely nice. They are kind and helpful. The shorter Fridays (8.30-1.00pm) is definitely a plus, and the company provide breakfast and lunch in site.

Cons

Too much role changes in such a short period of time (completely different from the role I was hired for) made me uncomfortable whether those changes will help me grow into my desired career path.

Unique and full of gratifications

Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, values and great culture. It's a work-life perfectly balance life style, great environment and amazing workplace. The campus is in a great location.

Cons

There are no cons right now. Only thing is that we are growing super fast and It'll be hard keeping our culture and values alive. It's ot a cons but something that just worries me.

Management should be more involving. They should get much closer to the other employees narrowing the gap between them and the rest of the Team.

Great place to work, from the location to the company culture, it all rocks!

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company culture rocks! Very friendly, laid back, and everyone has a voice. The company meal plan is great, with good tasting, healthy food.

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side and there is no 401K plan currently offered. PTO days cannot be accumulated paste 6 days, which makes it impossible to take a two week trip to visit relatives across the country. I would like to see the limit extended to 10 days.

Would love to see a 401K package offered and please consider extending the limit on accumulated PTO to 10 days so it is possible to take a two week vacation, which is the minimum length of time to have a good vacation when driving and visiting family across the country. Mostly, keep up the good work!

A great place to intern!

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I'm surrounded by many smart people in the engineering department. Each of them are inviting, willing to answer all my questions, talk about all things programming and more! The culture of the company as a whole is great too. We have many company wide meetings, then smaller department meetings and finally team meetings. All of which create a very transparent and same-page atmosphere. There's also free breakfast, lunch and snacks, and I could rave about that for about three pages. I'll be brief and just say that the food is very good. In closing, it's all good here at the big O!

Cons

I would prefer if I got paid a little as an intern. Nothing crazy. Minimum wage would be fine. I was okay with it when I wasn't doing work directly related to the company but now that I am I would like to be rewarded a bit for my work.

Interns are compensated with school credit. That would be fine except... students have to enroll in a work experience class to be eligible for credit (at least for sbcc). Therefore, we technically pay to intern here.

Great culture, bad pay

Current Employee - Decline to State in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture is wonderful and they provide breakfast and lunch for free every day. As well I do not have to pay for my medical insurance (I do pay for dental).

Cons

They do not pay their employees what they are worth

Pay your people more. If you are not paying well, you should not expect your employees to go above and beyond like you do.

Ontraport community honestly cares and treats you like real family

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best things about working here: the community and culture are great, everyone is super friendly and helpful, the campus is gorgeous and the equipment we use is better than the standard, managers are always looking to help teach and push you to improve yourself and chase after promotions

Cons

There is a lot of work to do, a lot roles changing with promotions leaves gaps that need to be closed from the vacated the positions, but its also an opportunity in disguise to adapt fast and learn to be the one to fill those gaps

We need more time off during the holidays.

I can probably write a short novel on how awesome this company is.

Current Employee - Support Sidekick in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Sidekick in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Huge growth potential.
     - Fun, friendly, and hip atmosphere. When I say friendly I really mean you are working with your friends.
     - Truly feels like you are part of a start-up.
     - Professional, but not corporate.
     - You can be yourself.
     - Your PERSONAL growth is encouraged. (They throw parties for employees that quit to pursue their own entrepreneurial goals.) O_o? :-D!
     - Flexible, understanding, and cool management.
     - Breakfast and lunch everyday but Friday, because Fridays are ~half-days~ for most employees, and the food is GREAT.

Cons

No set schedule, but at the same time it's nice to mix things up every week.

Stay awesome.

It's my first job out of college and I could not have been luckier!

Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I just moved to Santa Barbara and as soon as I started working at ONTRAPORT I made some friends who I know will be with me for the rest of my life. The people are so interesting and so supportive. They really care about each other in a way I did not expect from a workplace. Work life is relaxed but everyone cares so much about what we're doing and what the vision of the company is that we put everything we have into the work. It's challenging at times because there's so much to do and we're growing so fast but I already know so much more about business, about tech, about people and about myself since I began here. Our campus is beautiful, the food is great, the parties are so fun. My direct manager and her supervisor are some of the most inspiring people I have come across. They're both excessively talented leaders and meet with me 1 on 1 every week. I hear from our CEO and our COO a lot as well. Work life balance is pretty great too. My coworkers are always down for a beer on a Tuesday night to hang out and try not to talk about work. Everyone just likes each other.

Cons

The work gets really hard really fast. You're multitasking so much and can't possibly do everything thrown at you during your hours. It gets stressful at times. Also, I really wish I was making more money. The amount of work I do for the company definitely makes me feel like I deserve to be making more. There is opportunity for advancement but I wish it would come sooner!

Change the music on the hold line for customers. It's pretty bad right now and a little off-brand!

Appropriately challenging

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture. The people. The perks are nothing to sneeze at either. The truth is there's little to complain about. We are, and will continue to be, a powerhouse in our industry founded by an organization of people who care.

Cons

This isn't a typical 9 to 5 job, if you want to grow quickly within the organization you'll need to be willing to work hard. Which can mean late nights, early mornings, thankless efforts. Nothing is done out of malice, it's just the way of the world in a lot of cases.

Keep our promoting internally value relevant when looking to beef up the ranks in certain departments. I think if you give people a chance to rise to an occasion you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.