Onward Healthcare

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Kevin C. Clark

Awesome work environment

Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsGreat atmosphere, fun office with good management. Worked there for over a year and would have stayed but I found a job closer to my home.

ConsMy commute, but that was the only issue I had with the job and that's more of a personal one. Overall it was a solid experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the work hard/play hard mentality going.

Great place to work!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work environment; supportive team; never a dull moment; flexible work hours; positive atmosphere

ConsCommission - get a better system where employees REALLY get the opportunity to make great money. Be more competitve - we loose a lot of business bc health professionals get higher pay with other agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a higher base; pay your work professionals; get a new grad program - be the company to beat, not the company that gives low rates.

Great work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solana Beach, CA

ProsThere's great opportunity to advance and have growth in your career here if you work hard and succeed at the job given. We have Core Values that we try to emulate everyday. Management has been flexible to work/life balance and is very goal driven.

ConsProfessional development and training for mid to upper level management is non existent but they are conscious of this and seeking change. Being goal driven, compensation is tied to sales so it's either a pro or a con depending on how successful you and your team are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

like any other travel recruitment company except....

Therapy (Current Employee)

ProsRecruiters are personal and attempt their very best to meet the needs to the employee/ you working for them. if things go wrong in the process, the recruiter is on it, promptly to resolve the situation

Consplacements for assignments have recently been difficult to find

Advice to Senior Managementbe 100% honest with your employees (therapists/nurses/ etc) to gain their trust and respect so they are loyal to you through thick and thin. No sugar coating, no promises, no delaying until last minute, just honesty

Great company to work for

Client Service Manager (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsI have been working with Onward for over a year and have loved it since day one. The company provides their employees with a hard work ethic and a tremendous office environment. One of the best parts about working here is that everyone likes to have fun. There are always contests and company outings to reward everyone for their hard work. Everyone knows each other and are very friendly with one another! I can't imagine working anywhere else where you have so much fun but be able to be successful at your job. I would recommend Onward Healthcare to anyone!

ConsI hope they can implement summer hours soon!

Incredible company to start your career, work with a team that supports each other, and be in a friendly environment.

ProsOnward healthcare is a company that cares about its employees and rewards hard work. I have been working for Onward Healthcare since August of 2008. I started my career as Client Development Rep for our PRN Division. This was a great opportunity for me to grow the new business portion of our local market division and really help me to understand the healthcare world. After a few months I was promoted and moved in to our travel allied division where I partnered with our VP and director to increase new business. With the appropriate guidance and tools given I was promoted again in 2010, really giving me a chance to lead and develop the client development division. Working as the manager I was able to work much closer with our remote offices and was given the opportunity to travel to conferences to meet clients and promote Onward Healthcare. Most recently, in January 2014, I was promoted to Director of Client Development. Aside from caring about employees Onward is dedicated to its clients and candidates and always keeps their best interests in mind.

ConsI have been with Onward for 5 ½ years, which is the longest tenure in my business career with any company, so I do not have any “cons” about them. If I did, I would have moved on to another business already.

Recruiter at OH for 1 year.

ProsGreat culture, fun environment. Happy to go to work each day because the people your surrounded with are all friendly. Work hard play hard office.

ConsA few strange individuals in the Payroll department but overall everyone is great, mostly a younger office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within.

It has its pros and cons.

Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

Proscoworkers, nice office, company parties, benefits, salary is alright. good work/life balance, hours are good, free gym on property

Constraining and development needs better management, commission structure is horrible, misleading therapists is unfair, "fake it till you make it" mentallity

Advice to Senior Managementget new training and development managers, have better training and dont be so misleading

Great place to begin your career, fun and rewarding!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsI have been working for Onward Healthcare since completing my MBA in 2011. I started off in the role of campus recruiter. This was a great opportunity to spearhead a company initiative and really get my feet wet in the business world. After about a year and a half I was promoted in to the marketing department and have really had the chance to pursue my career goals and potential, not to mention traveling around the country for national conferences! Working with the marketing department has given me the chance to get to know and work closely with the different offices as well as senior management. It has been a great learning experience.
    The CT team is a great group of people who work hard but also like to have fun! From contests, philanthropies to semi annual company parties there are a lot of chances to get to know everyone and enjoy the work atmosphere.

ConsThere are not any downsides to working at Onward Healthcare, however if I could make any changes I would suggest implementing summer hours :)

Great place to advance your career.

Client Service Manager (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsOnward was my first job out of college. I started as a Business Development Representative and was promoted to a Client Service Manager by my second year. It's a great place to grow your career if you're willing to put in the work.

ConsThe training could've been better when I first started, it was somewhat learn on the fly, but there were many helpful co-workers around to offer assistance.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more perks such as vacation days and bonuses when goals are achieved.

Worked for Onward Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!