Onyx-Fire Protection Services Reviews

Updated February 27, 2015
4 reviews filtered by
2.1
CEO

1. Great place to grow with lots of opportunity!

Current Employee - Technical Area in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Area in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Aggressive company that seems to grow more and more every year
    - Stablity
    - Opportunity to grow through out the company and make money. as a tech or office ( it seems?)
    - Customer service driven
    -They will work with you and there seems to be an open door policy in place (most times)

Cons

- Would hope they would expand nationally and province wide and create more opportunity for there employees.
    - They could do a better job at communicating the big picture and future of the company to the employees.
    - They will tell you if something is wrong but lack at times in rewarding and acknowledgement
    - Can be militant at times
    - sometimes they say they listen to there employees but don't!

- Have a better understanding of more work life balance
    - Be more understanding of where people live in the GTA and understand the challenges of traffic!!!
    - Need more training for there staff!!

Caution

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your Credibility is at risk

Cons

This Company hires so they can issue blame on its Employees for their failures

Boy Scouts and Arrogance cannot successfully run a Company.
    Fortunately for the Owner, the real Men in the service vehicles are keeping this Company going.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Coordinator in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I worked at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

close to hwy - that's it

Cons

please be weary to join this company if you are not willing to work overtime without pay. they expect you to come in early and leave late. I would seek elsewhere. They test out their employees. High turn over rate. please tread lightly

worst employer I have ever worked for. The fired me in three weeks and their excuse was that the department I was hired for was not doing well. They lied. They fired me because they didn't see me being a full-time slave. What company doesn't pay for overtime?

Toxic working atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I worked at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time

Pros

It's hard to think of anything positive to say about Onyx. It is at least convenient for Highway 401, and is a great place for plane spotters.

Cons

Onyx-Fire is located in an old building that was re-furbished to look newer. It's heating and A/C systems do not work properly and so it's either too cold in winter or too hot in summer.

Management feel that they need to rule with an iron rod, they are also inclined to abuse the goodwill of their employees, though they have done this enough that there is not a great deal of goodwill left.

Fortunately they are in a business where it's easy to make money, if that were not the case I suspect they would have failed long ago.

The company is run by a family and nepotism is rife I don't think any of this is ever going to change.