Onyx-Fire Protection Services

Updated August 28, 2014
1.0

CEO

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Coordinator in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I worked at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

close to hwy - that's it

Cons

please be weary to join this company if you are not willing to work overtime without pay. they expect you to come in early and leave late. I would seek elsewhere. They test out their employees. High turn over rate. please tread lightly

worst employer I have ever worked for. The fired me in three weeks and their excuse was that the department I was hired for was not doing well. They lied. They fired me because they didn't see me being a full-time slave. What company doesn't pay for overtime?

Toxic working atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I worked at Onyx-Fire Protection Services full-time

Pros

It's hard to think of anything positive to say about Onyx. It is at least convenient for Highway 401, and is a great place for plane spotters.

Cons

Onyx-Fire is located in an old building that was re-furbished to look newer. It's heating and A/C systems do not work properly and so it's either too cold in winter or too hot in summer.

Management feel that they need to rule with an iron rod, they are also inclined to abuse the goodwill of their employees, though they have done this enough that there is not a great deal of goodwill left.

Fortunately they are in a business where it's easy to make money, if that were not the case I suspect they would have failed long ago.

The company is run by a family and nepotism is rife I don't think any of this is ever going to change.