OpSec Security Group

Add Photos

OpSec Security Group Chairman David A. Mahony

David A. Mahony

Excellent niche business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe workforce is extremely dedicated and cooperative. Inter-department communication is above average and the facility is clean, secure and comfortable.

ConsThere is a disconnect between upper management and the employees. The flow of information seems to be one of "privilege" rather than company-wide, which is unfortunate.

Advice to Senior ManagementRound table information transfer meetings with department heads and random, rotating groups of manufacturing floor employees. Open door policy.

Could be better if right people were in charge of plant. Good business! Wrong people running it !!

Press Operator (Current Employee)
Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent pay, Good group of production employees, extra holidays off, 3 week vacation to start

ConsUpper management has no clue how to run a printing company. No one in upper management has previous printing experience. Scheduling is terrible causing extra work for production employees. No raises due to company spending more money than it is making. Morale is ruined on production floor due to poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a plant manager in charge who understands the printing process. Place could be awesome place to work if management would understand printing. To many office people, need more production employees not office people walking around doing nothing

Awful Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent benefits, and a great location (downtown Boston in Copley Place). Those are the only positive things to say about this company.

ConsSalary well below market averages for Boston. Disconnect between management and employees makes for "lost" visions and an often frustrating work environment. Blame game is constantly being played. HR is nonexistent. So is work/life balance. Virtually no interest is taken in employees or helping them achieve career goals. Company is in the tank financially so no one gets raises or bonuses. Hard when trying to raise a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and determine company goals. Stop working in silos.

An untrained, disorganized mess.

Analyst (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time

ProsThey are (were) willing to hire entry-level post grads. The benefits were decent. Analysts were friendly.

ConsWhile they hire entry-level employees, they do absolutely zero training, on-boarding, and HR is essentially nonexistent. Individuals in management have no previous managerial experience and were simply promoted to those positions because no growth development existed in their previous positions at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate who you have running what. Provide HR support in your Boston office because the corporate HR office in Lancaster, PA is always unavailable. Put money into developing the software you've already up-sold to clients but haven't finished (or in other cases started) to develop.

Cheap is the key word.

Invisible Worker (Former Employee)
Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time for less than a year

Prosreally can't find any good thing to say about this company

ConsThis company's hub is in Lancaster, PA. That is where the jobs are. After this company bought Robbinsville, NJ, lay off followed. And now they are shutting down the place. Before even the decision was made, there was no management in the office.. Basically it is a ghost town office. Now the CEO decided to shut down the site in about a year. Many people in Robbinsville will lose their jobs. Yes, they still remain Customer Service there, but who knows how long they will let those people go.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving whole plant to PA will eventually backfire..You are losing lots of good and skillful people! This may jeopardize your business.. Just wait and see...

Terrible company to work for.

Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocation, vacation days. Can't think of any other pros.

ConsNo room for advancement. Terrible health benefits. Managers don't know what their employees jobs entail. No sick days, no bonus, no increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen, listen,listen! Managers think they are better than their employees.

I love my job!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's an amazing culture here. Great work/life balance. Awesome people, my team is incredible! As long as you do your job on time, there is no problem taking an extra day off even if you run out of your vacation hours. MBTA is sponsored (monthly Link pass), salary is growing, 12 holiday days per year, company outings, perfect location (Copley mall).

ConsIt would be nice to have some sick days in addition to personal ones. Otherwise, you take the days out of your vacation time.

Worked for OpSec Security Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpSec Security Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OpSec Security Group CEO David A. Mahony. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by OpSec Security Group employees.