Opal Financial Group

Opal Financial Group Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Abraham Wellington

Just like all Companies, good work ethics yields quicker promotions.

ProsOpal offers a casual environment for its employees. Office personnel are friendly and accommodating. Work load is steady throughout the day, in some cases slightly overwhelming, but I prefer this better than sitting at my desk doing nothing.

Just like all other companies you are hired to do a job and you are expect to meet performance standards. Standards have been established to assure every employee has an equal opportunity to succeed.

ConsEntry Level positions start off at entry level salaries, but individuals who stand out above the crowd move up the ladder quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue striving to improve even when

Great Place to work!

ProsGreat place to move career forward. Team is amazing and people are fun. Management is very knowledgeable and helpful.

ConsYou have to be self motivated as many of the people are are friends also.

Great place to start and grow your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpal Financial Group is a great place to start and grow your career.
    Everyone in the company is very friendly and welcoming.
    If you work hard and give the job your all, you will be rewarded for doing so.
    There is an open-door policy throughout the whole office, making it easy to meet and talk with all of your co-workers.
    After the initial 90 day period, you are offered paid vacation/sick/personal time as well as the option to enroll into medical and dental benefits.
    Once you have established your clientele there is travel opportunity.
    After Memorial Day the company honors "Summer Friday" hours as an extra incentive to employees
    The location of the office is in Midtown Manhattan (awesome options during lunch hour and places to go after work)

ConsSales can be challenging, you have to be a self-starter and a go-getter. The first few months can be difficult, but with the right attitude and skill set you can set yourself up for success.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as bad as all these reviews make it seem

Pros-casual environment
    -young people, ability to make alot of friends and meet new people
    -work/life balance
    -working in manhattan is awesome
    -its a stepping stone into the real world

Cons-the pay isnt great, but it is an entry-level position to get your foot in the door
    -the office could use some redecorating
    -the turnover rate is high
    -some of the managers are really lacking any type of managerial skills

Advice to Senior Management-be more fair with your policies and procedures

Don't Even Bother!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCasual "wear what you like" environment. Summer Fridays.

Cons1) Large city roaches should be on the payroll, because you often find yourself competing with them over your workspace. 2) no togetherness in the company, limited communication, departments works against each other and not with each other. 3) CEO looks at his computer all day, guess this is how he keeps busy. He does this during interviews as well. How rude. Talks about how his company is going to be "HUGE" "one day"obvious doesn't notice the exodus of employees high tailing it out the door. High turnover. Parts of company looks like a morbid ghost town, of where employees used to be. 4) CEO ONLY cares about how much money you can make for HIM, nothing else. Rarely invites employees to chime in and help make suggestions of how the company can get "better"

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up the office; its a pig sty. Hire more employees offering REALISTIC wages, don't expect a lot of work-not willing to pair fair salaries. Stop taking advantage of recent college grads, like myself. Set up better policies, promote and encourage more communication. If you can't make a million dollars in the first two weeks you are with the company, you are already on the CEOs 'hit list" and you will be pursued by management like a wild animal, telling you how much of a failure you are. Give people a fighting chance. New salespeople cannot bring in thousands of thousands of dollars in their first few weeks with the company. More effort is put into "what you can do for the company" and there is never any support, on how you can get there...just do it! Morale is low at the office, and quite frankly coming to work is like going to a funeral processional each day. Finding another job, was the happiest day of my life.

May 14, 2014

At the time of this posting, we agree, the office could have used a makeover. In the past year we’ve brought in new furniture and artwork, painted, and made a commitment to greener methods of pest ... More

Waste of Time

Sales Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany has been around for several years

ConsOffice comlpetely disgusting. People are only out for themselves and will steal your clients and leads in a heartbeat. CEO/owner only cares about the revenue you bring in today, if you MOM died, too bad

Advice to Senior ManagementClean the office, provide rules in the office,

May 14, 2014

We absolutely want to ensure that our employees are credited for the work they do. We’ve set up guidelines regarding client and lead ownership and use our CRM to maintain accuracy. We’re always ... More

Miserable

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou can go to work in jeans

ConsBefore going to Opal I was interviewed by the CEO and the hiring process was very sketchy. During the interview he kept on staring at his computer and it seemed like he did not care and just wanted to hire me and take advantage of a recent college graduate. While working there the job is not hard but it is very boring and monotonous. The managers demand no respect and do no motivate workers. The office is very depressing and the environment is not very encouraging. Please consider it well before accepting an offer here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemand some respect, listen to the employees and be pro-active.

May 14, 2014

Our CEO refers to an electronic version of candidates’ resumes on his computer during interviews. We understand this may give an impression that he’s not paying attention, but he takes his interviews ... More

Mediocre at best

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice People, small office, casual environment

ConsSmall office, not much interaction between departments, the way the office is set up is not conducive to group work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some workplace renovations, working in the marketing office we where often isolated from the rest of the workplace. Also a stipend for interns would of been appreciated because I accumulated a lot of expenses getting to work.

Not a great place

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRelaxed dress code and office environment. You can learn alot about finance, if that is what you are interested in.

ConsYou are basically treated as a glorified telemarketer, expected to make a ridiculous amount of cold calls every day. The job is easy enough but it's mind numbing. Not a great place if you are interested in furthering your career, but if you are just looking for a paycheck it's fits the bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about what the job entails. Be better at communicating what you want from your employees. Try to keep the office more clean and organized.

Don't bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual environment, can come in late and leave early if needed and won't get fired because they need ALL of their employees that they can keep

ConsBad communication. When someone leaves the company, they put all of the work on someone else (with no extra pay) and they never replace the person. I took this job because it was the first thing offered. My salary was not nearly enough for NYC or for the work I was doing. They will fire someone if they are not making sales. All they care about are the amount of sales people are making. The environment is very young and inexperienced. Benefits are awful. This company goes off of "incentives" for a lot of things and plays favorites sometimes. Not professional

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new CEO or business partners to help make decisions

Worked for Opal Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!