Opal Soft

Omprakash Choundhary

Excellent Company To Work For

Contractor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opal Soft as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsOpalSoft really takes care of its employees from start to finish. It's dedication to employee development and career opportunities really separates OpalSoft from the rest of the companies I have worked for. OpalSoft removes the barriers between management and employees and really emphasizes a family environment where anyone is approachable from the very top to the bottom. While business matters are important to them, they never forget about the individual and their families. Been very happy working for them.

ConsLike all companies, none of them are perfect. Bi-monthly pay checks are annoying but you get use to it, especially since more and more companies are following this route. Other than that, no real complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if bi-weekly pay checks can ever be an option.

Great place to work. A company with good values and professional environment

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Opal Soft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1) Learning & Development: Company leadership had supported my growth to help me stay current with latest technologies and tools required for the job. Company performance reviews cover employee learning & development goals and aspirations

2) Salary & Bonus: Great pay and it just comes with performance, you don't need to negotiate it. My contributions towards organization activities and building client relationship was always recognized during yearly performance reviews

3) Support functions: HR, Payroll and Administration departments are highly supportive. Maintains an open and effective communication within the company

ConsI did not face any issues or had concerns during employment

Superb Company of the highest caliber! Best company I've ever worked for, employee-oriented.

Asset and Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opal Soft as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsContract won via recompete, at first a little uneasy about a small business taking on a large contract. I was wrong from day 1. Extremely professional management and staff. Certainly contract fulfillment was a high priority but they also provided numerous training opportunities to equip all with the tools needed resulting in the highest product delivery possible. Simply extraordinary. Management team adept at recognizing talent and rewards are leagues above most big business competitors.

ConsThe rewards are tremendous but that also means the expectations are high. A team oriented company, OpalSoft leads the field in gaining employee buy-in regardless of staffing flucuations. Under achievers are given every opportunity to improve before they will dimiss a below average performer. This tends to hurt team morale on one hand but it is commenable that they would go to such extents to help an individual improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn contract negotiations, OpalSoft has set a very high standard which, if they win a contract, it benefits the employees tremendously. However, it's getting to the win that may need review especially under the current austere fiscal challenges in today's economy.

Nice company to work for

Senior Applications Architect (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Opal Soft full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmployee oriented, good employee welfare policy, exposure to many different technologies, friendly working environment, Industry standard compensation and benefits, provider of comprehensive healthcare options, good work life balance, good work ethic

ConsI don't really have anything to say

“Great Company”

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Boise, ID

I have been working at Opal Soft as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsHires top quality talent, management is fantastic, and flexible work schedule. Open to working from home and most of the employees who work remotely from home offices 100% of the time.

ConsNo cons, this is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have other contracts in the works so they don't loose their valued/talented employees.

Tech driven company and amazing working environment

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Opal Soft full-time for more than a year

ProsOpalsoft is a technology-driven company and provides great career opportunities with fast-paced working environment. You get to meet and work with amazing people from across the globe and have a new learning everyday!

ConsEvery place has its own shortcomings. But, I have not yet come across any big yet.

Body shop experience is classic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Opal Soft as a contractor for less than a year

ProsQuick hiring process was the only professional experience witnessed.

ConsBecause company is based on the west coast. Employees not local to H.Q. are pretty much left on their own.

Company payroll needs to better understand unemployment rules and regulations.

Poor benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to visit off-site contract locations.

They treat the employees well and provide them with as much information as possible.

Senior Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opal Soft full-time for more than a year

ProsTreated like a valued member of the team, good salary and training policy. Kept the team well-appraised of the contract situation as it developed.

ConsDistributed management isn't always onsite to deal with issues. 10 days vacation and 5 days of sick leave per year is rough. Semi-monthly paychecks are inconvenient.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways assign a team lead to each team deployed at a customer site to reduce issues from becoming fires.

Nice place to work

Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Opal Soft

ProsThey find decent jobs in technology and treat their people well. Nothing much to say other than they are good

ConsThey are a bit tight with money. They won't pay for relocation, or let you expense equipment over a few $100.

Worked for Opal Soft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opal Soft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Opal Soft CEO Omprakash Choundhary. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Opal Soft employees.