Open Systems Technologies (NYC)
www.opensystemstech.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Open Systems Technologies (NYC) Reviews

Updated May 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harold Herling

Very positive relationship. Worked at top financial services firm through consulting affiliation with this company.

Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsStaff was very professional and reliable with respect to providing administrative support with respect to my roles at clients.

ConsCommunication could have been more consistent at times.

It's been great

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood pay
    Great people to work with

ConsI can't think of any now

Technology Recruiter

Technology Recruiter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros-Lots of Full time and consulting jobs to work on

-Diverse Clientele

-High Commissions

-Ability to recruit for the jobs you want to work on. For example full time Vs contracting or Java Vs C++. Work on the jobs that will make you most successful.

-Training-Great training program for JR level recruiters

Cons-Need to be able to be on the phone all day long.

-As good as you do your job, your ultimate success will be based on the decisions of those you are trying to place.

-Competitive work environment (That could also be a positive)

Advice to Senior ManagementFor information technology, you have a very strong client base. I think it would be a great idea to try to expand in to other business lines.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great chance to grow and shine...only if you try

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI have been here less than a year; I was initially uncertain whether I wanted to work here because Open Systems Technologies was considered notorious for having an extremely competitive, cut-throat environment that sucked you dry and threw you out. However, it is this very bearing that provides the company and its individual recruiters the unlimited opportunity to grow. The quick-paced environment allows the occasion for exceptionally efficient collaboration, in turn, allowing you to develop your recruiting skills in unimaginable ways to get expedited results.

Most importantly, Open Systems Technologies was only a place for experienced recruiters who had already set their foundations within the industry. To some extent, this is true; every recruiter at Open Systems Technologies already are/can be leaders of the industry and each recruiter is a valuable resource in making you ultimately better. It is because these recruiters are extremely bright, optimistic individuals who put forth a remarkable amount of effort in what they do. Remarkable recruiting skills do not suffice in any firm without the investment of a lot of effort and strong working demeanor. However, Open Systems Technologies recently took on a new direction and has established a solid training program that can take the normal recruiter and turn him/her into a superstar. With the opportunity to shadow some of the best within the industry and a training program, anyone can succeed here if he or she gave the necessary amount of effort.

ConsInitially might be overwhelming, but eventually rewarding;

Great place for a recruiter to work!

Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsExcellent earnings potential. This is a role that you get what you put in to it. The more you work, the higher the rewards. There is a very diverse amount of jobs to work on so you will not get bored. The job is very challenging and no two days are alike. Great group of colleagues to work with. Excellent benefits are a bonus.

ConsRecruiting is a sales job and you do need to be motivated to work the phones. can be stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the recent trend of listening to and implementing employees ideas.

A good company to work for and the pay is good.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay is good and they check to see if you're happy with the asginment..

ConsI have only had one asginment from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in contact with your former employees.

Not very Open Systems

Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThey didn't lose my information.

ConsThey didn't notify me right away when my contract was cancelled. Slow to respond to questions and e-mails. Never answered the phone. Poor handling of recruits. Did not suggest a new position when the first contract expired.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiving / Requiring a two week standard notice of end of contract would be very beneficial to both the company and the employee/contractor. Also if the contract manager kept information on each contractor to possibly have other contracts or positions that might be "Available" should a contract be cancelled.

Flag Review
    Open Systems Technologies (NYC) Director responded to this review Apr 30, 2014 EditDelete
    Our policy is to notify our contractors as soon as our clients indicate to us that a contract will be termed. If a contract is termed, we do our best to find our consultants a new project for them ... More

Pays really well but are very unprofessional.

Applications Support Analyst (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPay rate is really good. They do H1b and process green card too. They do have good clients and have direct contacts with the hiring managers.

ConsYou have to pay for your own H1b and green card fees. Very unprofessional. Difficult to reach the payroll and admin department. You have to do a multiple followups.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease follow some protocols and do answer your employee's queries/mails. Its really hard to reach you guys. Please be available, if not via phone at least by an email.

Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have great clients, they make lots of money.

ConsCut-throat and abusive management. Public humiliation.

Great place to work!!!

Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsEasy Manager Access, good working environment, Better suited for experienced recruiters, great client base

ConsNot so good for new recruiters getting into the staffing industry, lack of training

Worked for Open Systems Technologies (NYC)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Open Systems Technologies (NYC) CEO Harold Herling. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Open Systems Technologies (NYC) employees.