Open Systems Technologies (NYC)

www.opensystemstech.com

Harold Herling

So So

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the pay, its great. Co workers are great to work with.

Cons

Health insurance is through the roof, not much room for growth

personnal can be a bit more kind, they are very cut throat

Good to work here with new technologies

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good to work here with new technologies

Cons

Need more team meeting to happen

Senior Business Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to work for, access to necessary information, pay was fair for type of job.

Cons

Initial start-up was confusing, but I believe this has been fixed.

lead engineer

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good place to work before 30s

Cons

need to put in log hours

Pay more would be a start

The more you put in, the more you get out - a great place to really grow and do well if you want to

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I came back to OST after leaving. That should tell you enough.

- OST has a great office environment - it's casual and fun and very free.
    - There is no official vacation policy and unlimited sick days - so no one ever feels uncomfortable calling out if required.
    - They reward hard work very handsomely and so you have the ability to make quite a bit of money.
    - You have the ability to pick and choose what to work on, making you your own boss in many ways.
    - I was getting burned out with recruiting, and OST worked with me to create a brand new position so I could do more of what I wanted outside of recruiting yet still add value to the company. Not many places are willing to work with you in the dog eat dog world we live in these days.
    - Your success honestly depends on how much you want to put in. The harder/smarter you work, the better you will do. - You are encouraged to put together your own recruiting strategy, and work with what does best for you.
    - Unlike other places, where your upper limit is stated by those above you, OST is a very flat organization where everyone from the MDs to the person hired yesterday recruits and is on the same level.
    - We are starting a great training program for junior recruiters that will allow them to quickly ramp up into the recruiting world.

Cons

Because of the open environment, people freely state their opinions. If you are someone who is more formal, or more sensitive, it's a hard thing to get used to.
    Recruiting is an easy area to enter, but a hard one to master. It's not for everyone, and many sales people falter because of the niche area we work in
    Like any job, the hours can be long sometimes, and often decisions are out of your control.

The more OST encourages new ideas and allows people to expand their responsibilities, the better the company's future. I would also ideally like a more structured program on how to expand once beyond the recruiter stage, but that's just me.

Efficient and Effective Staffing Agency

Current Employee - Tech Support in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The company was able to place me a long-term contract assignment in an acceptable, if not ideal, pay range - but - the pay range is acceptable for the scope of responsibility of the contracted position. My direct contact, Steve M., is very attentive; easy to get in contact with; and comes across as genuine and sincere.

Cons

I am not thrilled with the employment arrangement with the agency in that there is no accumulation of PTO or sick time. The health insurance is outrageously expensive. For myself and my children their insurance costs equaled 40% of my take home pay. I ended up going through BlueCross directly.

Very positive relationship. Worked at top financial services firm through consulting affiliation with this company.

Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Staff was very professional and reliable with respect to providing administrative support with respect to my roles at clients.

Cons

Communication could have been more consistent at times.

It's been great

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Great people to work with

Cons

I can't think of any now

Technology Recruiter

Current Employee - Technology Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

-Lots of Full time and consulting jobs to work on

-Diverse Clientele

-High Commissions

-Ability to recruit for the jobs you want to work on. For example full time Vs contracting or Java Vs C++. Work on the jobs that will make you most successful.

-Training-Great training program for JR level recruiters

Cons

-Need to be able to be on the phone all day long.

-As good as you do your job, your ultimate success will be based on the decisions of those you are trying to place.

-Competitive work environment (That could also be a positive)

For information technology, you have a very strong client base. I think it would be a great idea to try to expand in to other business lines.

Great chance to grow and shine...only if you try

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been here less than a year; I was initially uncertain whether I wanted to work here because Open Systems Technologies was considered notorious for having an extremely competitive, cut-throat environment that sucked you dry and threw you out. However, it is this very bearing that provides the company and its individual recruiters the unlimited opportunity to grow. The quick-paced environment allows the occasion for exceptionally efficient collaboration, in turn, allowing you to develop your recruiting skills in unimaginable ways to get expedited results.

Most importantly, Open Systems Technologies was only a place for experienced recruiters who had already set their foundations within the industry. To some extent, this is true; every recruiter at Open Systems Technologies already are/can be leaders of the industry and each recruiter is a valuable resource in making you ultimately better. It is because these recruiters are extremely bright, optimistic individuals who put forth a remarkable amount of effort in what they do. Remarkable recruiting skills do not suffice in any firm without the investment of a lot of effort and strong working demeanor. However, Open Systems Technologies recently took on a new direction and has established a solid training program that can take the normal recruiter and turn him/her into a superstar. With the opportunity to shadow some of the best within the industry and a training program, anyone can succeed here if he or she gave the necessary amount of effort.

Cons

Initially might be overwhelming, but eventually rewarding;