OpenTech Alliance Reviews

Robert A. Chiti

Storage Counselor

Former Employee - Storage Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Storage Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at OpenTech Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has a very family oriented environment and ideas are heard and considered.

Cons

It's hard to advance, but is understandable due to the company growing and a lot of changes going on.

A Fantastic Place to call home

Current Employee - Storage Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Storage Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

OpenTech promotes a family oriented culture. They have very flexible work schedules (they work around my constantly changing school schedule). The people are great, and care about each other. There is no shortage of help when you need it, and training is on-going. The leadership team, from top to bottom is the best. They put their money where their mouth is and do what they say. Best job I've had - and I've had some interesting ones.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. I truly love working here.

Keep up the great things you are doing. I love how we can make suggestions, you listen, and drive the change that helps all of us grow. Thank you!!

I love what I do, I just hate doing it here. Love some of the people, a lot of managers are ARROGANT!

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

Working here is fun, and I personally like what I do. The call center managers are flexible and positive and work with my hours and schedule better than other call centers. Some people complain about schedules, but they have never worked in other call centers obviously! I also like the bonuses. Our team leaders are great too. I have to say we get A LOT of feedback and that makes it easy for me to know what I need to do.

Cons

The managers for the call center are great but the other people are super-arrogant. They don't seem to know what is ever happening and they stand behind you and make you nervous and ask stupid questions.they are also too loud, they yell and swear and stomp around and it is impossible to talk to your customer on the phone. I guess you could say don't respect you. Somebody said they don't know how to run a call center but I think the problem is that's all they know how to do. The call center is actually the best one I seen, but it's the rest of the stuff that's the problem. I like the people I work with and I think the managers "fight" for us. I don't think I make enough money based on what other call centers pay but like I said I like my job. but I do think too many people leave too fast and if my team leaders or Nate leave I don't think I will like it here.

I don't think the call center should be a part of the company, they should make it separate and move it somewhere else so the agents don't have to put up with the stress of the other managers. There are also people who don't do anything most of the day and it's frustrating having to work when there are people around you who just play around. There's is one guy who walks around all the time like he is a God, but I have never actually seen him do any work! I know he is not in the call center though. The owner seems like he just makes waves, he does talk to people, but I think they usually wish he didn't and we he asks us questions it feels like he just wants to get "dirt" about somebody. I mean, he's the owner so he can do whatever he wants, I just don't get it, but other than tha he seems okay.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of opportunities, great atmosphere

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

I was clear in telling senior management where i saw myself in the company in the future. Under 2 years I am doing my dream job. Comunicate to sr. management what you want to do and they will get you there. Finally a company where the CEO knows my name and actually stops to chat with me quite often.

Cons

Small company that is constanly growing. So that means not a lot of money to throw around for raises and salarys. But if you make clear what you want with them they wont leave you unhappy.

The really unique thing about this company is they don't exist to make money.

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

When I first started working for Opentech it seemed like a great place, the people were fun and seemed to like their jobs. The company wasn't too big, and everybody kind of knew one another. There's a big focus on personal relationships and getting to know the president and other managers. The president really wants you to spend a lot time with him and get to know him and so he can get to know you. He really wants people to be part of the Opentech family.

Cons

Well like I said, it was nice at first, but the honeymoon didn't last long. That family thing gets pretty annoying fast, and then you realize it's like working for a cult, or a church or something. Making money isn't the focus, so long as you make the president happy. I'm sure a lot of people won't understand this, but working here is more like going to church than work.

If it's a charity, or a church or something, run it like that, but if it's a business, focus on making money and running the place like a business. It's not personal, it's not "family," and there's nothing there worth worshipping.

Working here is just "okay." It's a job, but if you want a "career," look elsewhere

Current Employee - Storage Counselor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Storage Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

The other agents are a lot of fun and we get along great. I like the managers in the call center part. It's nice to have a break room with vending machines (where I worked before you had to walk to 7-11 if you wanted anything like that) and they have filtered water which is great because I don't drink the tap water here. They give you coffee and stuff like that. I don't really like the part of town, but it's pretty convenient and you don't have to fight for parking or anything like that. The job is also fun most of the time. I mean, a call center is a call center, but this one is not like any other call center where I worked before. They are a lot more relaxed, but most of the time it's really insanely busy and you don't even get a break.

Cons

Some people were talking about this site and I was reading it before. I wasn't going to put anything on here, but then something happened and it's just not right. There's no way to get a promotion here, and that's why I said if you are looking for a "career" you won't get it here. The thing that happened is they had a new job and they moved a guy who is one of the managers brothers and they never even let anybody interview for it. The guy used to be an agent like the rest of us but they just keep promoting him and we never even get to apply for the jobs. That's not fair and it really makes me not want to be here anymore. They talk about how it's such a great place and there's so much opportunity, but you never get any opportunity.

You should treat everybody fairly and let them apply for jobs. It looks bad for you when you have your family there and you promote them instead of everybody else. And you need to think about how your people are feeling or else they will leave because you can get a $10 and hour job in about 100 places right now and that's what they will do if you don't treat them right.

If you're looking for opportunities in technology, or a call center job, there are better options out there.

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

Most of the rank-and-file and pleasant and easy to work with. Some managers really go the extra mile to help their employees (even with personal issues) and you just can't get that in a big company. it's pretty easy to get to the office from buses. Right now they are giving people CASH to make reservations. I worked where they went out of business, and couldn't pay people, and eventually layed off everybody. I don't think they have ever layed off anybody here, at least not that I seen.

Cons

Okay, what people said about the chairs is true, they are not good and they fall apart. It's kind of a dangerous place to work and if you have to work in the downstairs office its really bad. I get it if they don't have money to buy good chairs, but I don't believe that, and what I really don't like is they don't seem to care. I know one manager gave us his office chair because we didn't have ones to sit on to take calls. That was cool but I don't think most people care about the employees. Also the bathrooms are far away and really gross. I also noticed that women don't get promoted that much, and people are never allowed to apply for jobs they just move people around without telling anybody. You pretty much have to be a family member or something to get a promotion, even if you're a hard worker and are qualified, etc. They don't even give you a chance and I don't think that's fair. The other thing is that some of the managers are just rude. When you ask them a question they get mad sometimes.

I don't think you know how to run a call center at all. I have seen some people who know what they are doing but they seem really frustrated and have even said, "Well, it should be like that, but we aren't allowed to do it that way." As soon as I get another job I'm going to leave and I know lots of other people are like that too because it's just not worth it to say there. I notice it's like that all the time and they are hiring more and more people instead of keeping the ones they have. I don't understand that because it takes a long time to train new people and then they are not as good as the ones who have been here for a long time.

Seriously, can I get a decent chair to sit on!?

I have been working at OpenTech Alliance

Pros

If you try to stay off the radar you can just do your job and go home. If you consider working here be sure to work nights and weekends, which is usually an option. Just make sure you explain that's what you want (or better yet that's what you're willing to do) before you start.

Cons

Every single thing I have seen on here is true. It's kinda sad really. I heard some manager's talking about how we can buy cheap chairs often or good ones less often. Made sense to me. Well guess what they bought cheap chairs and they keep buying them. I guess thats why I have to sit in a broken, padless piece of garbage chair that cost $50 for 6 hours a day. Lame.

Throw a little cash into something worth while for god sake. I notice you spare no expense on technology and advertising, but you can't give two cents to your employees. You don't think you will get sued by people who get repetative stress injuries sitting in crappy chairs that don't adjust and have no padding, or arms, or fall backward?

Worked for OpenTech Alliance? Contribute to the Community!