Openlane

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Kelly

Dedicated, helpful, experienced associates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA fun, professional, energetic place to work. Teamwork is promoted and all associates are extremely helpful towards newly hired employees. Good training. Pay structures are very competitive in the industry.

ConsLimited advancement opportunities if one is not willing to relocate to other areas of the company. "Use it or lose it" vacation policy is counterproductive for the business, especially at year end.

Company is no longer what it once was!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone anymore, company is heading in the wrong direction thanks to some of their "managers", if that's what I can call them!

ConsI worked for Openlane/Carsarrive for a little over 4 years and I must say when I first started there the management team was so much better than was it is now. Back when I first started they could care less about how many calls you made or how many emails you sent in a day, all that mattered was getting cars moved and in a timely matter! Now they want you to document every singe call, email, fax, assigned load and so on and can care less about moving cars. Since they were bought out it has gone down hill which is a shame because they were a great company to work for at one time. I do have to say that the CEO of Carsarrive, Michael Briggs, is probably the best CEO I have ever worked for, he is the most down to earth CEO I have ever meet and it's a shame he has managers "working" for him that don't know how to treat people and as far as I'm concerned don't know how to manager either. They treat their employees like slaves while they sit on the web shopping for shoes or reading about sports. It's truly a thankless job and unless you are part of the "in crowed" advancement will NOT happen!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your management team and pay close attention to some of the ones that are just there to collect a check, I can tell you there is one there now that has made that statement multiple times to multiple different employees, she has NO business working for such a great CEO like Michael Briggs!!!!

Great company to work for. Awesome people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, fun environment, Had a great time working at Openlane

ConsNone. Great place to work at and amazing people depending what team you work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for...

Receivables Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsGenerally speaking they have a laid back attitude. They offer a nice amount of PTO. There's a decent amount of opportunity to transfer to new positions within the company and it's often encouraged. The company really tries to provide a quality service to the customers. Makes you feel good representing that kind of integrity.

ConsAt times you'll feel like another cog in the machine and not really recognized. As such, though there's a lot of opportunity to transfer to new areas many of the moves appear to be lateral opposed to progressive steps.

Satisfied

Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosgreat colleagues and any body can bea reachable for help

Conspay is not competative compared to industry standards

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give competative salary

Software engineering

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsNice people and flexible working hours

ConsAll new technology works outsourcing
    Less and less people in the bay area office

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make openlane be another blackberry

Great former startup that has already executed its exit strategy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany values creativity (within limits) and teamwork. A good place to develop yourself as a software developer. Not as ego-oriented as most young companies.

ConsThe company's best days are behind it now that it has been sold. It was battered badly by the recession and is a shadow of what it once was. Once offered good pay and a positive outlook; then the belt-tightening started and it's been the same ever since.

Openlane is a good company to work for

Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosgood colleuges generally helping and nice working environment where people dont create obstacles and try to help ech other

ConsThe pay packages is not that great

Generally positive

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsLots of good people, varied engineering challenges

ConsRecently acquired so the culture is changing

Gotta Take The Good With The Bad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsSome fun people to work with.

Environment can be fun at times.

Some opportunities to make good money.

Good benefits.

Plenty of time off.

ConsLike any other sales job if you do too well, your goals will spike and you won't make any money the next month.

New corporate merger is scary and most people have no idea what is going to happen or if they will have a job in the future.

Management seems to enjoy using fear to inspire harder work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us what's going on. Sure, you might lose some people, but those that stay won't waste half their day stressing over what all the closed door meetings are about. And I know you know this, but make the sales goals realistic.

Worked for Openlane? Contribute to the Community!