Opera Solutions

Opera Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann

Bernhard Nann

Pros
  • Flexible hours of work, though that can turn around and bite you by taking your work-life balance haywire (in 9 reviews)

• A good place to learn something about big data and machine learning (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has almost 0 skills in people management (in 11 reviews)

• Complete lack of transparency on how the company was doing overall (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

good experience with the company

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYou will enjoy this company for finding great colleagues and nice working environment. flexi work policies are blessing. Company is stuck due to poor planning, you will be working way too much (non stop for months day and night) & there would be long spells of no work. you could get mix of work, surreal as it is not known what you might be asked to do. no new projects, one has to take whatever comes in

Conscompany has lot of talent, however management is insensitive has miserably disappointed employees. they are not able to justify for the poor state of the company. with recent change in management, employees are expecting a better health of the company

“Great experience,great growth propsects”

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Noida (India)

ProsPros – Open culture,Fun atmosphere, super smart minds, loads to learn,Flexible working hours for every one.
     Great workplace, Great Culture and a place to be in !!!

ConsNot as much impact at an individual level as one would like

Advice to Senior ManagementIntrospect

“I'm in love with Opera !”

Senior Associate, Management Analyst (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsPros – 1. Very friendly colleagues.
    2. Great place to gain knowledge about the processes & is a step ahead in technology.
    3. Flexi timings.
    4. Everybody follows the company core values & team work is excellent.
    5. You can change your domain if interested.
    6. Pays way better than several companies.

ConsYearly hike should be more.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart talking to your team members more often to let them know what's coming!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Level of Uncertainty on Continuance - Needs to be addressed.

ProsGood organisation for employees in front end teams like Services/Analytics/Software, but does not care for its back-office operation employees like G&A functions.

ConsManagement's vision is very short term, it keeps on changing rapidly killing initiatives and contributions of long staying individuals as they loose with every change.
    Organisation's future and vision is blurred.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should connect with Employees much more frequently and share clear insights on their views and guidance (and not only flashy words without any depth).
    Management should actively instill confidence in employees and assure future prosperity of the company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

It began well and turned into several years of failed business plans and un-kept promises.

Support Services (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe company is full of nice, smart people. They're fun to be around, although smiling faces had become few and far between in the past couple of years.

ConsCompany description that changes as often as most people change their underwear. Products and services that either don't deliver as promised, or do at a price that's totally unprofitable to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. They offer nothing to the people they hope will make the company work.

Pathetic company

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsWork from home. No strict timing.

ConsWork from home is ta rick to make employees work 24X7
    They pay 10K more than a normal company but they make you work equivalent to 2 person.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to wake up and understand their responsibilities. Need to be taught how to interact with employees.

Purely depends which team you are joining

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible Timing, Come to office anytime - Leave office anytime, Work from home. They just want work, anyhow.

ConsPolitics, Poor senior management, no appreciation, cost cutting, do have many policies but no one follow those policies, unfair appraisal system. Employees who have joined straight from campus were sometime given work of data crunching which they do it for 6 months to 1 year keeping a hope and expectation that they will get a good quality work. No transparency is there as many employees doesn't even ave idea whats going in the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should be approachable and flexible enough to do the changes, so that the employees in junior can come and share their common problems which they facing and accordingly changes should be implement.

Lots of experience that will be taken with me

ProsThe variety and level of clients we work with is pretty amazing. Anything from a smaller company in a rural setting to a fortune 500 company right in NYC. Not only that, but there are healthcare companies, state agencies, banks, credit card companies, manufacturers, etc. The people area really intelligent and from all over, making for a (mostly) enjoyable experience. The work environment is awesome and something I wish more companies had. Gives you a good sense of freedom compared to the typical corporate structure.

ConsWhere to start on the cons. There is a definitive struggle to find a working strategy here. I think we all know we want to be innovative and product solutions in some way that harnesses data, big/small/disparate/whatever. Though we can't seem to get past fancy marketing and smoke/mirror tactics and simply explain the real value that we provide. I feel like we sell ourselves short of what we really do with trying to make it look like this magical machine that spits out insights. Nobody really knows what is going on, though it is hard to stay positive with how things are.

Another review mentioned this, but while the variety of work is nice, the quality of project can vary greatly. Plus we're now in the spot with little room to move.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more transparency and a clear/concise plan. Pick one and let us work towards it.

A good place to start up

Software (Current Employee)

ProsYou can work with people from other countries. A good place to learn something about big data and machine learning.

Consdon't pay for overtime.Still a small company. lack of work-life balance

A OK company but not good.

Staff Scientist (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThere are many smart people in the company. Projects are diverse, and you can learn a lot.

ConsPoor management. Policies keeps changing, e.g., the bonus. I have never received bonus in 2 years. Many times the promises are simply promises (and never come true). Bad benefit.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!