Operation Par

Updated July 22, 2014

Nancy Hamilton

Great learning experience

I worked at Operation Par full-time

Pros

Working in this relatively large nonprofit organization provided a unique opportunity to develop skills beyond the scope of my job description that has benefitted me exponentially in my future career. Smart, talented and dedicated executives were willing to mentor and offer opportunities to learn about and contribute to every aspect of the company.

Cons

As in most nonprofit environments, funding can be unstable at times, which can lead to a high-stress workplace. However, employees who remain flexible and willing to contribute however needed can find these challenges rewarding and can recognize opportunities for professional growth and unique ways to contribute to help strengthen the overall mission of the nonprofit.

This company is a leader in substance abuse addictions treatment, prevention and intervention along with a variety of other complimentary programs and services, and as such, factors including work-life balance and stress management are extraordinarily important for employees to remain healthy and offer their best performance to contribute to the workforce and offer the best services to individuals in need..

bad ethical and patient relationship reasons among others

I worked at Operation Par full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay, decent hours, some employees who really care

Cons

Everyone is in a click, alot of things go on there and depending who you are deprnds what you get away with. People get away with dating patients, doing drugs, drinking and driving alot. and alot of other things but if I told all I know they would know who I was. To bad someone couldnt trust me enough to let me help them, becuase all I cared about was the patients. They had a addiction and needed help and were treated poorly if god forbid they had a ba day and maybe did not act in a acceptable manner.

be very careful who you listen to and trust, don't always assume the patient is lying and is wrong, your staff is threathening and patients are afraid to fill out grievences and even when they do your staff does not explain that they can sign not satisfied becuase your staff wants it to stay in house.

Good starting place if your in the nursing or counseling fields.

I worked at Operation Par full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Good safety procedures

Cons

Low paying raises are almost nil transfers into other positions easily blocked

Love working with substance dependent persons, very dissatisfied with management / lack of.

Current Employee - Counselor
    Current Employee - Counselor

I have been working at Operation Par full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Regular working hours, HR fast response time, good for entry level to learn in the field of substance abuse.

Cons

Supervisor not ethical and no supervision of supervisor, very low pay for bachelor/master level with experience, reimbursements and bonuses are taken out of paychecks that are taxed, poor health coverage. Not pro active--reactive.

Watch who's supervising programs, pay those who work hard fairly, be more proactive and innovative in the field of substance abuse.