OppSource

Updated Feb 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Metzger

OppSource is positioned to do well in their industry. I Enjoyed the small company culture and expert leadership.

Senior Business Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at OppSource full-time for less than a year

ProsThere was a lot to be learned from the management.

ConsThe cons are not really specific to this company. They are the cons of any sales/agency environment. Sometimes the client is most important. You just accept that and do what it takes to do what's best for your clients.

Excellent Company Culture-Start Up

Demand Creation Consultant (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at OppSource full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Leadership listened to my ideas and implemented some of them. I respected their experience and direction. I felt the company was headed for growth.

ConsCan take over a year to move out of the call center role. I would say it is worth the wait if you're patient. Start Up feel leaves many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of problem clients.

Fast paced - High Energy - Fun workplace

Business Development Executive (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at OppSource

ProsWe get to share our ideas, we are recognized for our contributions, and it is a fun place to work. We do have some tough assignments but are given resources and support to achieve our objectives. Our President calls us together every Monday morning to recognize a huge contributor for the past week, give an update on the week ahead, and provide a forum for sharing ideas.

ConsIt is a small business and your work (or lack thereof) is highly visible. It is no place to work if you expect to just "hang out" and not work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep selling more deals so we can keep on growing. I love my job!

Not Sure, But Might Be Best Place To Work

Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at OppSource

ProsWe are a small nit team albeit growing quickly, that is very passionate about what we do. We are all here to make a difference and we enjoy the challenge of helping our clients grow.

ConsAs a small company, we have to wear lots of hats sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! We love it here.

Innovative company, compelling work

I have been working at OppSource full-time for more than a year

ProsEncouraged to try new things, dig in to interesting projects
Very friendly culture - people want to know you/help you/collaborate with you
Emphasis on sustaining a positive work environment
Sr. Management actually knows what it's talking about - deep marketing background and experience

ConsSmaller companies feel ups and downs more, but successes are shared
Also like a smaller company, last-minute projects and requests can pop up

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing employees to innovate and grow

If you are looking for job security, do not work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OppSource full-time

Pros-Provides many valuable sales techniques and experience
-Helpful environment with genuinely nice people to work with
-Provides a good stepping stone foundation for many opportunities
-For many jobs at OppSource, compensation is fair
-Work/life balance is usually pretty flexible and you shouldn't have a problem with an occasional tardy or early leave

Cons-Pride themselves on specializing in Sales/Marketing alignment, but have constant Sales/Marketing tension within
-Frequent struggle to keep clients on board for longer than a year. Because of this, employees are getting laid off in batches periodically.
-There is not complete support company wide for your success
-Coming on as a new employee is very unwelcoming, as it can take weeks to get set up with a computer and email accounts. Often when new employees get hired, not many people are aware for up to days or even weeks.
-The unstable environment makes you question your job security each day, especially seeing some of their best employees get let go.
-Be aware that the bonus structure changes often, making it increasingly difficult to make respectable bonuses.
-The accruing of PTO forces employees to take their minimal vacation days toward the end of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more interaction with everyone in the company and make a stronger effort to recognize successes across all departments. Aim to keep a consistent structure and vision to move forward.

A challenging environment in which to work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OppSource

ProsThey had some good companies as clients to work for that signed on to try their services.

ConsThere were not enough records to call on for many of their clients so you often had to call each record several times a day just to make the huge call volume metric they wanted. Nepotism there was a problem, as the CEO's daughter was the only person who consistently made their monthly quota; she received all the inbound leads and the vast majority of the warm leads that came in.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees to take initiative, and follow through on their suggestions and feedback to improve things there.

Worked for OppSource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OppSource reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OppSource CEO Dan Metzger. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by OppSource employees.