Opportunity Partners

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Armanda Camacho

Where are we going?

ProsPeople we serve are the reason to stay. There are good people and managers here that work hard.

ConsLately is been all about billing and getting reimbursed sure to funding changes at the State. I don't know what the big picture is outside of getting revenue stabilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify the hard workers and do everything you can to nurture and train them. Communicate what's going on directly with staff and don't just let it trickle through management.

Good to build experience but not a career

ProsVery mission focused and staff are very friendly. Leading the way with a lot of new programs and willing to experiment with new ways of delivering services.

ConsLimited advancement options, they will go external for positions higher than supervisor and little build up of future leaders. Will often promise then not deliver such as promising a 401B match depending on the end of year budget then blaming workman's comp on why they can't . More emphasis on the people served than on the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to develop the internal leaders rather than going outside.

Opportunity Partners is a Non-Profit with a Meaningful MIssion & Dedicated People

Minnetonka, MN

ProsThe work done at OP for their clients is outstanding and they are a very caring team with some outstanding leaders and contributors.

ConsAs with all non-profits, there are those who are there because they believe in non-profits -- not because they are really believing in OP's mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times, it's useful to bring in those who are not career non-profit people to help re-assert the need to be "customer driven". For those senior managers who are open to change and willing to lead change, my advice would be to strongly continue to encourage them and to compensate them and recognize them accordingly.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stagnant, fake, and unreliable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Some what flexible with your schedule or a very predictable schedule.
    - Health Partners benefits

Cons- No chances for movement within the company unless you "fit" in.
    - No vision other than making money, if you have passion for people with disabilities, do not work here.
    - 2 years of dedication and no raise in the near future
    -Low pay, for a job one supervises people with disabilities.
    - Management cuts because of the "lack of budget" but since their budget has to be public, they are not in the negative.
    - Previous CEO George Klause, up and left expectantly. Since then many upper, upper management who had developed and supported the vision at OP have left, leaving money hungry "business" orientated people who are not making a humanities non-profit into a LLC.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, since they cannot make changes anyway, but I would not cut the biggest departments management, give them a smaller space to work in, and take away raises because of "workmen's comp".

Close down OP

ProsFew staff are nice and it's a very good site

ConsPay by the percentage of what the client do very unfair very rude service planners Service planners if you have one they don't do very well try to help you out finding a job outside of OP

Advice to Senior ManagementFire service planners and hiring new service planners

Proshumor of people served on a daily basis

Conslogistics of program, managers, zero professional development, no connection to executives or upper management

Great Mission and People

Employee (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsWonderful mission, committed passionate employees, solid business plan

ConsFunding is based on the state legislature and needs to be increased

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking for more ways to be efficient and stretch our funding as far as possible

It's good; the department treats me well and I love the job I'm doing.

Semi-Independent Living Skills Specialist (Current Employee)
    Coon Rapids, MN

ProsI'm working to help people who are in need of semi-independent living services. For some people, I'm helping them to learn how to balance their checking account. For others, I'm helping them find a job. For others, I'm helping to find medical treatment or apply for Medical Assistance. It's rewarding in the sense that I'm making first-hand changes to people's lives.

ConsAs a non-profit company, there are few merit-based rewards and wage increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to cut down on the turnover... And the lowest-paid employee should rightfully be earning no less than a 33% of the top executives.

Bleek Future

Minnetonka, MN

ProsSpending time in the social services is a lot of fun and working with the people in the community can strengthen a positive outlook on building relationships, the time frame's of when work should be done is moderately flexible.

ConsWhile there are a lot of chances to move in the company, more than likely you will be stuck in the same pay scale as it is very difficult to move from one department to the next, the health benefits are okay but you will be still paying around $120 a month for a single person insurance, when making $1400 a month start pay, its not manageble. The company really knows that you are replaceable to a point, and you are just the bottom of the barrel when working at Opportunity Partners depending on where you start. I've seen employee's with degrees unable to advance, so I'd say this would be a great job for someone who wants experience in the field but not so much money. George Klauser is no longer the CEO, and management is always changing in this company. If you are floater, don't even dream of a life outside of unpredictable schedule changes at 5:30 am in the morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGIVE RAISES and acknowledge your employee's through benefits more than a single picninc a year.

There is much room for improvement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMajority of the staff were dedicated to the company's vision and mission. They were genuelly committed to helping the clients become contributing members of the community. The current CEO was doing a great job.

ConsThe pay for frontline employees was not competitive. In addition, there was very, very limited opportunity for career advancement. Also, there were some arrogant and selfish managers and executives. There was high employee turnover in one particular department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to improve the pay scale for the frontline employees. They also need to make the employee career development and advancement a priority.

Worked for Opportunity Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opportunity Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Opportunity Partners CEO Armanda Camacho . All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Opportunity Partners employees.