Optics 1

Bedford Office - Defense Systems - No Plan, No Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Optics 1 full-time

Pros

Talented engineers. Nice building.

Cons

There's no company direction or plan. Management does nothing. Supposedly we're busy, but multiple employees are sitting around with out work to do. Programs are never finished, due to lack of priority or plan. Program managers don't manage programs, so programs have no spec. or schedule. All programs are considered late, before it's even started. General morale is non-existent... Employee's just don't care anymore.

Need leadership. Direction and a plan would go along way. Listen to employees. You're among seasoned and talented people who have grown far more successful companies in their previous jobs.

No management, no plan, no future.

I have been working at Optics 1 full-time

Pros

They pay well, I guess.

Cons

I worked at OPTICS 1 for quite some time. This company truly has no management at all. The guy who runs the place has no clue what he is doing, but he thinks he is god's gift to man. He is in panic mode all the time and let's the president of the parent company run the show. Programs have no plan and fellow engineers (and everyone) was overworked and always got yelled at for no good reason at all. This company has been around for a while but simply out of pure luck and last I heard, they were NOT doing well and just had a big layoff. The engineers are knowledgeable, but everyone is so overworked that they can't do their best. If you want to work nights, weekends, give up your planned vacations, and be completely unappreciated, this is the place to be.

My advice to management would be to actually GET SOME. Get someone who knows how to manage programs and not let some other guy do it for him.

Good place to hang out till a real job come around

Current Employee - Management in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Management in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Optics 1

Pros

The Salary is decent the benefits are average

Cons

The way to best describe the company is trust no one. tell no one anything. and don't above all don't offer anything. You will be placed in a click willingly or not and that is your life at O1

Get a clue learn how to work with people because when the economy does change or the next big thing happens somewhere close by the four leader will be the only ones left in the building, all the rats will jump ship.