Optimal Home Care Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
CEO

1. Optimal is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Compliance in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Compliance in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Optimal! My supervisors have always believed in me and helped me strive to be a better person! I love that our HR department not only cares about the health of the company, but also cares about our wellness as employees. During monthly meetings, we often talk about how to grow personally and professionally. The people that work for this company genuinely care about each other It is a great place!

Cons

Due to the nature of the Home care being an ever changing field, there is a need to learn much on the job. This can feel overwhelming and a bit intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

I love that you guys believe in people and see their abilities and strengths. keep up the good work!

2. Optimal Admin Team Has Done A lot For Me!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't know how many reading this TRULY understand what is involved with Homecare? I have been in the medical field 26 yrs this year, and have been in homecare since 2008. I have been with Optimal for 26 months...And I honestly can say that they have been incredible! In fact, if they will allow me...I plan to stay for life! I honestly mean that...no sucking up or anything like that! I have communicated this to them privately and wanted to find a way to do it publicly as well...So this why I am doing yet another review of this agency! I had to deal with a situation that started about 3 yrs ago, and was finally resolved as of yesterday. The Admin Team have been AWESOME! Most agencies that I know would not have been supportive and patient with me and my situation as they were. In fact, most agencies would have parted ways almost immediately! I KNOW without ANY doubt from PERSONAL experience that: Edwyn, Chad, Lori, Dan & Dana genuinely care about me and ALL the staff at Optimal. When I was dealing with this situation it could have potentially been career ending... They were there for me...encouraged me to not give up and most importantly THEY NEVER gave up on me! That's HUGE in my book...not just because I am still able to be employed with Optimal but that fact that they believed in me enough to not turn their back on me at my greatest time of need! Please understand that this review is not some sucking up to the owners etc. My testimony that I am sharing with you here is the Truth as God as my witness...The Leaders at Optimal had & still have my back 100% and I theirs! I cannot possibly put into words how much I appreciate my friends/bosses at Optimal. I have struggled for many years to find a place where I could feel comfortable and like I'm truly part of a team and family....But I have found that here with Optimal. I recommend that anyone who is interested in being a part of team that TRULY cares about there staff, and is will to work hard then Optimal is the place to be.

Cons

It is homecare: Fest or Famine, Paperwork will keep you busy... (BUT that's the nature of homecare) ...if you are not prepared to work long hours [at times] and spend time finishing up charting in a timely manner then homecare isn't for you. **Because homecare is a 24/7/365 business (which can be grueling) You have to have the right mind set to do this job. Without the correct mindset it doesn't matter where you work you will NOT succeed.

Advice to Management

As you have already been doing keep on finding new ways to improve our agency with the input of the field & office staff! Things are getting better & better!

3. RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support of nursing staff management team really has an interest in keeping you in the company. Management staff truly request your input.

Cons

Nursing documentation for home care setting is a beast.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do. The management team of Optimal Home Care is wonderful

5. Awesome

I have been working at Optimal Home Care part-time

Pros

Good company culture, awesome benefits, lenient management, family like atmosphere

Cons

Pay isn't as good as it could be, xkjc ksdghk dkjklg skljf

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. A Huge Family with Huge Heart

Current Employee - Office Staff in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* I have been with Optimal Home Care for almost 5 years and although the company has been growing numerically the environment is still very much one of family & care. * People are motivated out of a sincere care for the patients and the theme of CARE manifests itself throughout the people in this organization. * The morals and integrity among the leadership team are second to none.

Cons

There are some growth challenges that the company faces. Primarily how to keep communication strong as more and more staff are added to the mix.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

7. A Good Place to Work

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently become employed with Optimal Home Care and I am definitely 'drinking the kool-aid' as it were. I heard about my position from a former employee who urged me to apply. I was told by more than one former employee what a great company Optimal is; how they care about their employees as well as their patient. I was told I wouldn't regret it if I were offered and accepted a position. To date, I have found all of this to be true. I feel supported and valued and very thankful that I am part of such an incredible team.

Cons

I really don't have anything to offer here.

8. Company that Genuinely Cares

Pros

Great culture. Owners try very hard to implement family values in their operations. Very progressive in thinking and not afraid to change. The owners gets feedback from staff and makes every effort to improve the agency's operations.

Cons

Growth challenges. Although this produces job security and stability and longevity.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your staff.

9. Great place!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

Pros

I have had nothing but good experiences with this employer. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help. They are eager to provide you will proper tools and training needed. The owners are great and you are treated as family.

Cons

a little under paid and steep learning curve

10. Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Very friendly staff - feels like a happy family 2. Beautiful new office - One of the owners is a great decorator 2. Very good 2 week training class - on boarding experience 3. Great online charting system - I do not have to ever drive into the office to turn in paperwork 4. Very competitive pay - Not the highest but all of the benefits and time savings equal out.

Cons

1. Can be very busy since the company is growing so quickly.

Advice to Management

As the company grows please don't lose the family feel. I have worked at several other agencies that felt like family but became to business like.

11. Great place to make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaders listen and even seek feedback. The company is growing due to strong leadership and a culture of continual improvement. With he forward thinking and willingness to embrace technology, the company affords plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth. The agency is building a strong leadership support team.

Cons

With growth comes inherent challenges. Sometimes the agency gets ahead of itself and runs to fast. Compensation is competitive but not high.

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on building not only a smart agency but a healthy one. Listen to your "Team of Rivals"...they have good ideas.

RSS Feed </> Embed