OptimisCorp

2.8

Alan Morelli

Young Company, Bright Future

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better.
    A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially.
    Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration.
    Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.

Management...

Current Employee - Administrator in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation/sick/flex-time/telecommuting. There are some great employees in the Murrieta office but some really AWFUL managers. No leadership.

Cons

Understaffed. No leadership. No structure. Turnover is ridiculous. Lawsuits. No raises. Clinics and software are profitable but the company sucks up everything to fund lawyers. It's so sad because this place had great potential if the CEO and board weren't so clueless. A company this large should have full-time, engaged C-suite execs. There is no CFO or COO. No HR Director. No true marketing department. No full-time true IT persons (It's held down by 1 guy for close to 1000 people). i think they have under 5-6 people left working on the software now? We used to have full-time lawyers on staff and when they disagreed with the CEO, they were canned. Anyone who disagrees with him gets sacked, ran out and then sued or threatened with a lawsuit. Scary.

More of advice to employees and potential employees. Don't do it. You'll regret it.

Crazy place, Legal issues

Former Employee - Software Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They had a lot of great employees that left quickly. Also Holger is a great guy. The only positive is if you aren't motivated to do real work you can survive just talking the talk rather than actually doing anything.

Cons

The place is surviving because they trick PT companies into giving their business away for the dream of the software company being huge (hence they make the purchase in stock that isn't worth anything). They tell the PT companies if they get in while the stock is low they will PROFIT. LOL

The reality is they survive off the PT businesses and the PT software users are just the companies they have purchased and forced to use the software. The only thing they do that is good for the PT companies they purchase is doctoring their accounting books (I assume legally). Other than that they pretty much have a product that promises the world and delivers nothing.

Good luck with all the lawsuits.

Financial Instability, Technically Inept, and Fading Quickly

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Please note that the reviews between August 5 - August 13 are fake as noted by other reviewers so please discount the already highly positive bias in the company’s score. These were written intentionally by current employees to “massage the score” in an attempt to recruit more developer talent. The only real pro with OptimisCorp is flexibility in terms of work hours/telecommuting/time off. Since there is no accountability or process in place, people come and go as they please; which may be desirable for some individuals. If you are a lawyer, there is plenty of work available as the company is fraught with numerous lawsuits and current ongoing litigation.

Cons

The company has a culture of not getting anything done. There is no accountability and success is measured by how many emails and great conversations (and by that I mean lengthy) take place. In my honest opinion, much of this is due to a fundamental lack in technical leadership, starting with the CEO. While he is an incredibly friendly individual, he lacks efficient business acumen and traits of other highly successful CEOs (e.g. efficiency, open to change, accountability, team leadership, technology proficiency). His vision is very focused on a future ideal software offering that will somehow solve every problem with healthcare, wellness, PT, EMR, patient apps, portal, events, etc. (For those that understand technology and how difficult it is to create just one of those … will understand that trying to combine every facet into a single product is just unrealistic). The bottom line is that the OptimisPT product had a dominant share of the PT EMR market early-on; however, the application never matured as the company focused resources in various directions like events and wellness instead of software. As a result of chasing every new great idea, the company has very little synergy and has not embraced itself as a software or technology company. People work all over, remote, Murrieta, LA, Taipei, and Utah with little to no effective communication or cohesion. Turnover is incredibly high and there are no additional C-level employees as individuals that must interact with the CEO find themselves in a pattern of leaving quickly.

I don’t believe any advice I could give would impact the bottom line. The company needs major directional and top-down management restructuring changes to create a profitable strategy moving forward to compete with the current competition of well-organized, highly talented, and venture backed healthcare companies.

Management has no clue what they are doing; Leadership jumping ship faster than if they were on the Titanic.

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual environment; flexibility with schedules; good vacation and sick policies; you get paid on time. It can be a great company if they had better leadership.

Cons

Inconsistent up the entire chain: management, executives, board of directors; Lack of vision; No clear policies written anywhere; Any policies that are written are consistently ignored; Executives and Management are nowhere to be found; Management makes decisions without even trying to learn any processes, very throw the baby out with the bath water environment; No communication with staff on what is going on; Everything is done at the very last minute; Everything is an emergency or turns into one because they have no back-up plans.

Pay is seriously lacking, raises are very few and other than medical, dental and 401k, they don't offer much. No 401k match; no bonuses; Medical and dental aren't even covered 50% for the employee and they don't offer FSA or supplemental or life insurance. They try to tell you they are focused on wellness but they don't offer any of this. Worthless stocks, no raises despite long hours; Cohesion simply does not exist here.

Leadership starts from the top, so try showing some instead of just hiding out in an office together. How about letting your employees in on what you are trying to accomplish? What direction are you trying to go? Do you want to go public? Do you want to be a software company, a health company, a fitness company, a clinical company? Consider getting some specialized consultants in that can help you show you where you can pick up slack across the board and focus on goals for the short and long term.

Attempt to talk to your employees and see what is working and what isn't working; Maybe sit down with your key staff and learn WHY and HOW they do things. Write it down. Get more staff in order to organize everything and come up with more consistent policies;

A great place to work

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable in their content area i.e., front office administration, documentation, compliance, billing, development, and IT. As a contract employee I appreciate the flexibility of my schedule and lack of micromanagement from above. There is opportunity to stay as busy as I want to be. The EMR software is evolving and has potential to be the best!

Cons

Lots of change going on in upper management. Not a lot of communication down stream.

As a former user and a current trainer of the EMR software, I hear what the clients are asking for... please listen. Some of the items have been on "the list" since the product was in Beta stages. Please listen and respond on what users are asking for.

There are lots of great ideas (EMR & apps) bouncing around OptimisCorp... stay focused on one idea and when it is place and working well move on to the next.... sometimes it feels as though there are too many balls being juggled.

Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with great people that are hard working and have high knowledge in their skill set. Company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions. In 3 years I have experienced change and expansion of employees/teams, offices, management which could be good or bad but in this case has helped the company grow. Management sets fair and challenging expectations for you. The company has associated with it leaders in the industry that work hard to keep the product current. It is in competition to being the leading EMR for outpatient therapy and has excellent potential. I am truly excited to continue to see growth and looking forward to whats to come!

Cons

Being a start-up company there has been some hurdles to jump over but you learn from your mistakes. Progress with development can be slow. New management has "shaked" things up a bit but I think this is what was needed to continue with our mission and achieve our goals.

Continue to expand and open lines of communication between the developers and the implementation team. Asking for feedback from those that work with our clients on a daily basis is worth while.

A Company Full of Possibilities

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consideration of family values for all employees
    Employee input well received
    Flexibility of schedule
    Opportunity to work with industry leaders; this translates into industry recognition by name
    In competition for being the top EMR in the outpatient rehab industry
    Evidence and Compliance driving the platform for the EMR = Excellence

Cons

Out of "beta" for a little more than a year = growing pains
    Progress not as fast as we would like it to be

This is a newer company with the best intentions for its employees and its users.

Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredible resources within the PT world! They attempt to stay updated and follow through with the product they are providing.

Cons

As with any new company, changes can be significant and communication to all of those involved can be lacking.

There is a group of us that talk with the clients on a daily basis. We really do see what they are looking for. While there might be other things on the agenda of mgmt, please take into consideration what we're hearing from clients and potential clients.

Incredible New Adventure

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Fantastic Teamwork - this company has some truly amazing people who inspire me every day and go out of their way to ensure that every team member has a voice.

Opportunity - the sky's the limit and I believe we are well on our way to being the absolute best.

Leadership - our diverse management team demonstrates that they are dedicated to providing a fantastic product without compromising employee integrity.

Cons

Some Kinks - we still have some bugs to work out in order to provide the users with a total package.

Old vs. New - newer employees lack some of the vital history of the software which can make it difficult to connect the dots at times.

Transparency - please continue the open forum for all changes, the information is always appreciated.