OptimisCorp Reviews

1. Great Inspiring Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. The company has an incredible vision. 2. It is on the leading edge of episode based care and wellness and develops responsible and highly sophisticated technology that supports sustainable wellness for people of all walks of life. 3. There is a diversified portfolio of products and services that support the larger vision and everything is strategically developed and well-funded. We have an incredible new CFO, COO and leadership team. 4. The CEO and the leadership team live their values and are an incredible inspiration to employees, vendors and frankly everyone they meet. They openly share their authentic stories and engender heartfelt trust and empathy. They are also one of the few leadership teams that I have encountered that express gratitude openly, share feelings and truly thrives off of a collaborative team environment. Everyone's opinion matters and is respected. The leaders also foster a safe learning environment that is highly entrepreneurial in spirit and creative. Let me illustrate why I say this... a. They are in-tune with their passion and live it. They are progressive in their views on company culture, consumers and building a high-growth business based on values and heart. b. They are always questioning how it can be done better and ask employees....and they listen. c. They are optimistic about all possibilities...open minded, curious and learning. No big egos that tear people down. Frankly, the CEO is humble and genuine. Reminds me of some of the progressive CEO's out there like Richard Branson of Virgin or Black Mycoskie of TOMS. This is an amazing place for people to work if they like progressive thinking. d. They take calculated risks - very smart, strategic and surround themselves with an impressive list of experts and celebrity brand ambassadors. e. They execute in highly calculated and responsible ways that are in tune with where the market and consumers are. This is a very intuitive environment. 5. We have work-life balance and the CEO and leadership team have made sure to build and foster a healthy working environment filled with sunshine, fresh air, healthy catered meals, exercise equipment, flex time, physical therapy wellness support and education, free health assessments and exercise prescriptions and community bike riding, swims and athletic events. They are doing everything that is appropriate for the times we live in to attract and retain high quality, dedicated people. Being able to work from home or with the team fuels trust and creativity and they always seem to get the most out of people and best talent. We have an incredible user experience department that is super easy to work with and fueled by savvy consumer research, market intelligence and strategy. The CEO brings in the right resources and experts when we need it. 6. The people that are joining the company are top in their fields and super smart. Everyone is really easy to work with and gets along great. There is a lot of light and high energy in this company and what is being developed. It is a happy place to work where we create great stuff that is sincerely meant to help enrich people's lives. Overall, I am super happy to be working for the company and proud to be part of something great.

Cons

1. We are growing so fast that sometimes we experience the growing pains of a fast-evolving company. 2. It would be great to create more face-time with the CEO as he is an inspiration and his energy is contagiously electric. It is fantastic that he bikes with employees and always makes time to meet with employees even if it is after hours. More employee group events with the CEO would be a great thing. For example, quarterly company meetings. He is highly respected by those that work with him closely and very trusted. A brilliant kind man. 3. It would be nice to have a formalized recycling program in all the clinics and offices.

Advice to Management

1. Implement a formal recycling program 2. Consider LEED certified office space and even solar panels on the clinic roofs 3. Continue to foster even more collaboration across the company and opportunities to celebrate all our success and great employees. 4. Create more company-wide events that support our inspiring culture 5. Keep the entrepreneurial spirit 6. Implement more on-going education, seminars, learning lunches and look for ways to breathe new life into old outdated systems and spaces. 7. Implement wellness exercise equipment in all corporate offices -- stationary bikes, stand up desk treadmills, exercise balls...things that support the leadership team's vision. Also considered having an organic catered lunch one day a week in other offices and have a learning lunch where someone from the leadership team comes to share with the team about the latest developments and celebrates success.

2. Mixed reviews

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great colleagues that believe in the product and what the company is trying to do for the physical therapy profession Great EMR product; best in the business if the company would get out of its own way Flexibility in your schedule Good vision for company growth

Cons

-Frustration with negative reviews from one division in the company....the reviews that are on this page depend on what division of the company you work for. The people that deal with the actual clients regularly are dedicated, really hardworking and always go above and beyond to try and help the customer. -The physical therapy division that is around the country has therapists that are very skilled and provide exceptional care. -There are many great ideas on how to grow and improve, but they take too long to see the light of day. -We know first hand of people that used to work for the company that have a grudge and love to come back and write negative reviews; sad that competitors have to resort to that type of unethical tactic.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of great employees that allow this company to continue to thrive; many have been with the company for years and stayed despite internal conflict that happened years ago. The company needs to do a better job of setting the record straight to the public while the competition plants a negative image on multiple sites versus staying quiet...it is actually a great company with a great product; some upper level management just do a really poor job of communicating that.

Management...

Current Employee - Administrator in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation/sick/flex-time/telecommuting. There are some great employees in the Murrieta office but some really AWFUL managers. No leadership.

Cons

Understaffed. No leadership. No structure. Turnover is ridiculous. Lawsuits. No raises. Clinics and software are profitable but the company sucks up everything to fund lawyers. It's so sad because this place had great potential if the CEO and board weren't so clueless. A company this large should have full-time, engaged C-suite execs. There is no CFO or COO. No HR Director. No true marketing department. No full-time true IT persons (It's held down by 1 guy for close to 1000 people). i think they have under 5-6 people left working on the software now? We used to have full-time lawyers on staff and when they disagreed with the CEO, they were canned. Anyone who disagrees with him gets sacked, ran out and then sued or threatened with a lawsuit. Scary.

Advice to Management

More of advice to employees and potential employees. Don't do it. You'll regret it.

Financial Instability, Technically Inept, and Fading Quickly

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Please note that the reviews between August 5 - August 13 are fake as noted by other reviewers so please discount the already highly positive bias in the company’s score. These were written intentionally by current employees to “massage the score” in an attempt to recruit more developer talent. The only real pro with OptimisCorp is flexibility in terms of work hours/telecommuting/time off. Since there is no accountability or process in place, people come and go as they please; which may be desirable for some individuals. If you are a lawyer, there is plenty of work available as the company is fraught with numerous lawsuits and current ongoing litigation.

Cons

The company has a culture of not getting anything done. There is no accountability and success is measured by how many emails and great conversations (and by that I mean lengthy) take place. In my honest opinion, much of this is due to a fundamental lack in technical leadership, starting with the CEO. While he is an incredibly friendly individual, he lacks efficient business acumen and traits of other highly successful CEOs (e.g. efficiency, open to change, accountability, team leadership, technology proficiency). His vision is very focused on a future ideal software offering that will somehow solve every problem with healthcare, wellness, PT, EMR, patient apps, portal, events, etc. (For those that understand technology and how difficult it is to create just one of those … will understand that trying to combine every facet into a single product is just unrealistic). The bottom line is that the OptimisPT product had a dominant share of the PT EMR market early-on; however, the application never matured as the company focused resources in various directions like events and wellness instead of software. As a result of chasing every new great idea, the company has very little synergy and has not embraced itself as a software or technology company. People work all over, remote, Murrieta, LA, Taipei, and Utah with little to no effective communication or cohesion. Turnover is incredibly high and there are no additional C-level employees as individuals that must interact with the CEO find themselves in a pattern of leaving quickly.

Advice to Management

I don’t believe any advice I could give would impact the bottom line. The company needs major directional and top-down management restructuring changes to create a profitable strategy moving forward to compete with the current competition of well-organized, highly talented, and venture backed healthcare companies.

Management has no clue what they are doing; Leadership jumping ship faster than if they were on the Titanic.

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual environment; flexibility with schedules; good vacation and sick policies; you get paid on time. It can be a great company if they had better leadership.

Cons

Inconsistent up the entire chain: management, executives, board of directors; Lack of vision; No clear policies written anywhere; Any policies that are written are consistently ignored; Executives and Management are nowhere to be found; Management makes decisions without even trying to learn any processes, very throw the baby out with the bath water environment; No communication with staff on what is going on; Everything is done at the very last minute; Everything is an emergency or turns into one because they have no back-up plans. Pay is seriously lacking, raises are very few and other than medical, dental and 401k, they don't offer much. No 401k match; no bonuses; Medical and dental aren't even covered 50% for the employee and they don't offer FSA or supplemental or life insurance. They try to tell you they are focused on wellness but they don't offer any of this. Worthless stocks, no raises despite long hours; Cohesion simply does not exist here.

Advice to Management

Leadership starts from the top, so try showing some instead of just hiding out in an office together. How about letting your employees in on what you are trying to accomplish? What direction are you trying to go? Do you want to go public? Do you want to be a software company, a health company, a fitness company, a clinical company? Consider getting some specialized consultants in that can help you show you where you can pick up slack across the board and focus on goals for the short and long term. Attempt to talk to your employees and see what is working and what isn't working; Maybe sit down with your key staff and learn WHY and HOW they do things. Write it down. Get more staff in order to organize everything and come up with more consistent policies;

7. Young Company, Bright Future

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better. A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially. Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration. Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.

8. A great place to work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable in their content area i.e., front office administration, documentation, compliance, billing, development, and IT. As a contract employee I appreciate the flexibility of my schedule and lack of micromanagement from above. There is opportunity to stay as busy as I want to be. The EMR software is evolving and has potential to be the best!

Cons

Lots of change going on in upper management. Not a lot of communication down stream.

Advice to Management

As a former user and a current trainer of the EMR software, I hear what the clients are asking for... please listen. Some of the items have been on "the list" since the product was in Beta stages. Please listen and respond on what users are asking for. There are lots of great ideas (EMR & apps) bouncing around OptimisCorp... stay focused on one idea and when it is place and working well move on to the next.... sometimes it feels as though there are too many balls being juggled.

9. Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with great people that are hard working and have high knowledge in their skill set. Company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions. In 3 years I have experienced change and expansion of employees/teams, offices, management which could be good or bad but in this case has helped the company grow. Management sets fair and challenging expectations for you. The company has associated with it leaders in the industry that work hard to keep the product current. It is in competition to being the leading EMR for outpatient therapy and has excellent potential. I am truly excited to continue to see growth and looking forward to whats to come!

Cons

Being a start-up company there has been some hurdles to jump over but you learn from your mistakes. Progress with development can be slow. New management has "shaked" things up a bit but I think this is what was needed to continue with our mission and achieve our goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand and open lines of communication between the developers and the implementation team. Asking for feedback from those that work with our clients on a daily basis is worth while.

10. A company that values your knowledge

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Although I work off site out of state I feel like I am part of a great team. Your experience in your field is respected and valued. Huge opportunity with this company if you are self driven. The product is a success and will continue to succeed as the staff are just not employees; they are represented in their field. Recent new management comes with a vital missing piece of the puzzle combined with a enthusiastic personality and the required team-ship management style.

Cons

Recent huge shake up that has not really been addressed with the staff.

Advice to Management

Focus. Let go of grudges.

This is a newer company with the best intentions for its employees and its users.

Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible resources within the PT world! They attempt to stay updated and follow through with the product they are providing.

Cons

As with any new company, changes can be significant and communication to all of those involved can be lacking.

Advice to Management

There is a group of us that talk with the clients on a daily basis. We really do see what they are looking for. While there might be other things on the agenda of mgmt, please take into consideration what we're hearing from clients and potential clients.

RSS Feed </> Embed