OptimisCorp Reviews

3.2

Alan Morelli

Great work environment

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

People here are an absolute pleasure to work with. We have fun but also know when to get serious. With all the company changes, the managers do a great job to make sure that their team doesn't feel the full impact. Also the flexible hours are great!

Cons

I can't really think of any Cons as management does a great job of keeping you focused on your job rather than getting you involved with what's going on with the company as a whole.

Keep up the great work!

Young Company, Bright Future

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better.
    A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially.
    Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration.
    Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.

A company that values your knowledge

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Although I work off site out of state I feel like I am part of a great team. Your experience in your field is respected and valued. Huge opportunity with this company if you are self driven. The product is a success and will continue to succeed as the staff are just not employees; they are represented in their field. Recent new management comes with a vital missing piece of the puzzle combined with a enthusiastic personality and the required team-ship management style.

Cons

Recent huge shake up that has not really been addressed with the staff.

Focus. Let go of grudges.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable in their content area i.e., front office administration, documentation, compliance, billing, development, and IT. As a contract employee I appreciate the flexibility of my schedule and lack of micromanagement from above. There is opportunity to stay as busy as I want to be. The EMR software is evolving and has potential to be the best!

Cons

Lots of change going on in upper management. Not a lot of communication down stream.

As a former user and a current trainer of the EMR software, I hear what the clients are asking for... please listen. Some of the items have been on "the list" since the product was in Beta stages. Please listen and respond on what users are asking for.

There are lots of great ideas (EMR & apps) bouncing around OptimisCorp... stay focused on one idea and when it is place and working well move on to the next.... sometimes it feels as though there are too many balls being juggled.

Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

You will work with great people that are hard working and have high knowledge in their skill set. Company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions. In 3 years I have experienced change and expansion of employees/teams, offices, management which could be good or bad but in this case has helped the company grow. Management sets fair and challenging expectations for you. The company has associated with it leaders in the industry that work hard to keep the product current. It is in competition to being the leading EMR for outpatient therapy and has excellent potential. I am truly excited to continue to see growth and looking forward to whats to come!

Cons

Being a start-up company there has been some hurdles to jump over but you learn from your mistakes. Progress with development can be slow. New management has "shaked" things up a bit but I think this is what was needed to continue with our mission and achieve our goals.

Continue to expand and open lines of communication between the developers and the implementation team. Asking for feedback from those that work with our clients on a daily basis is worth while.

Incredible New Adventure

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Fantastic Teamwork - this company has some truly amazing people who inspire me every day and go out of their way to ensure that every team member has a voice.

Opportunity - the sky's the limit and I believe we are well on our way to being the absolute best.

Leadership - our diverse management team demonstrates that they are dedicated to providing a fantastic product without compromising employee integrity.

Cons

Some Kinks - we still have some bugs to work out in order to provide the users with a total package.

Old vs. New - newer employees lack some of the vital history of the software which can make it difficult to connect the dots at times.

Transparency - please continue the open forum for all changes, the information is always appreciated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Above everything would have to be the friendly people and the wonderful opportunity to live and work in Southern California. Anything after that is just an added bonus, and there are plenty of other pro's to consider. Being a young software company that is just emerging onto the corporate scene, assuming the product continues to grow, there will be room for advancement, and I believe the recent management shake-up helped to re-focus the direction we are heading. It's an interesting transition period, but I believe in the product and think a lot of people would agree with me. Filling the physical therapy EMR niche has been fascinating, and I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Cons

Being in this transition phase and assuming a more typical corporate model takes a lot of work and a healthy dose of stress and uncertainty, but a lot of really great things are starting to emerge as the dust settles.

The biggest change I'd like to see is better communication between the dev team and the testers for more consistent fixes/updates.

This is a newer company with the best intentions for its employees and its users.

Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible resources within the PT world! They attempt to stay updated and follow through with the product they are providing.

Cons

As with any new company, changes can be significant and communication to all of those involved can be lacking.

There is a group of us that talk with the clients on a daily basis. We really do see what they are looking for. While there might be other things on the agenda of mgmt, please take into consideration what we're hearing from clients and potential clients.

A Company Full of Possibilities

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consideration of family values for all employees
    Employee input well received
    Flexibility of schedule
    Opportunity to work with industry leaders; this translates into industry recognition by name
    In competition for being the top EMR in the outpatient rehab industry
    Evidence and Compliance driving the platform for the EMR = Excellence

Cons

Out of "beta" for a little more than a year = growing pains
    Progress not as fast as we would like it to be

Director

Current Employee - Director  in  Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Pacific Palisades, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is transitioning from "beta product" to "seasoned solution" - which can be painful for both company and customer at times. Processes that used to meet the need just don't now, adapt or die. The management is very forward looking and is open to doing what it takes to make our customers successful in the future.

Cons

Old habits die hard. Some people can't handle the change or don't want to be somewhere while they go through that change - this explains most of the negative comments on Glassdoor. Sour grapes.

One of the brutal realities of the beta departure is that developers have to be more sensitive to deadlines. In the beginning, beta customers were more forgiving of languishing enhancement requests because there were serious core work to be done. Now that we are pursuing a broader market, prospective customers expect that we will come through on even little commitments. To everyone who says, "you can't rush perfection" - the invisible hand will show that people won't wait for you to do it perfectly.

Stay the course and keep the vision.

Worked for OptimisCorp? Contribute to the Community!