OptimisCorp Reviews

3.2

Alan Morelli

Management has no clue what they are doing; Leadership jumping ship faster than if they were on the Titanic.

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual environment; flexibility with schedules; good vacation and sick policies; you get paid on time. It can be a great company if they had better leadership.

Cons

Inconsistent up the entire chain: management, executives, board of directors; Lack of vision; No clear policies written anywhere; Any policies that are written are consistently ignored; Executives and Management are nowhere to be found; Management makes decisions without even trying to learn any processes, very throw the baby out with the bath water environment; No communication with staff on what is going on; Everything is done at the very last minute; Everything is an emergency or turns into one because they have no back-up plans.

Pay is seriously lacking, raises are very few and other than medical, dental and 401k, they don't offer much. No 401k match; no bonuses; Medical and dental aren't even covered 50% for the employee and they don't offer FSA or supplemental or life insurance. They try to tell you they are focused on wellness but they don't offer any of this. Worthless stocks, no raises despite long hours; Cohesion simply does not exist here.

Leadership starts from the top, so try showing some instead of just hiding out in an office together. How about letting your employees in on what you are trying to accomplish? What direction are you trying to go? Do you want to go public? Do you want to be a software company, a health company, a fitness company, a clinical company? Consider getting some specialized consultants in that can help you show you where you can pick up slack across the board and focus on goals for the short and long term.

Attempt to talk to your employees and see what is working and what isn't working; Maybe sit down with your key staff and learn WHY and HOW they do things. Write it down. Get more staff in order to organize everything and come up with more consistent policies;

Don't let the fake reviews fool you

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

The concept is great. Kudos to the detail and depth of the documentation module. The employees in the clinics are great.

Cons

Management has no clear concept of project management. The reason the company is in trouble is because they did not follow a plan.

Hire new management

Useless upper management

Former Employee - Senior Ruby On Rails Developer  in  Pacific Palisades, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Ruby On Rails Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are (were) some great people that work here. Generally, people that actually do work, do their work very well. People are pretty easy to get along with. Nice location next to the beach.

Cons

Management is ridiculously bad, especially executive level. Lots of talk, no follow through. Lost a lot of skilled, great employees due to bad leadership. Employees are not compensated for doing good work -- in fact, the exact opposite happens. The worst employees move up the chain, while the good ones quit or get fired. A lot of good employees were lost in a very short time span. It seems the company is full of extremes when it comes to employees. You have the very best employees working alongside the worst.

Less talk, more action. Realize that the quality of employees is more important than the quantity. Listen to your employees. Follow through on what you say in a timely manner.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Young Company, Bright Future

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better.
    A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially.
    Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration.
    Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.

Great work environment

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

People here are an absolute pleasure to work with. We have fun but also know when to get serious. With all the company changes, the managers do a great job to make sure that their team doesn't feel the full impact. Also the flexible hours are great!

Cons

I can't really think of any Cons as management does a great job of keeping you focused on your job rather than getting you involved with what's going on with the company as a whole.

Keep up the great work!

A company that values your knowledge

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Although I work off site out of state I feel like I am part of a great team. Your experience in your field is respected and valued. Huge opportunity with this company if you are self driven. The product is a success and will continue to succeed as the staff are just not employees; they are represented in their field. Recent new management comes with a vital missing piece of the puzzle combined with a enthusiastic personality and the required team-ship management style.

Cons

Recent huge shake up that has not really been addressed with the staff.

Focus. Let go of grudges.

A great place to work

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable in their content area i.e., front office administration, documentation, compliance, billing, development, and IT. As a contract employee I appreciate the flexibility of my schedule and lack of micromanagement from above. There is opportunity to stay as busy as I want to be. The EMR software is evolving and has potential to be the best!

Cons

Lots of change going on in upper management. Not a lot of communication down stream.

As a former user and a current trainer of the EMR software, I hear what the clients are asking for... please listen. Some of the items have been on "the list" since the product was in Beta stages. Please listen and respond on what users are asking for.

There are lots of great ideas (EMR & apps) bouncing around OptimisCorp... stay focused on one idea and when it is place and working well move on to the next.... sometimes it feels as though there are too many balls being juggled.

A company with much added freedom

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's plenty of freedom for employees on the technology team. You can define your own work schedule so long as you get the job done, stay in the office for a reasonable amount of time, and do not miss the 10:30am standup. There's also free weekly lunches, where employees pick a restaurant to eat out at and the company reimburses the employee for the cost. Additionally, the office is located right by the beach. Since the company promotes wellness, you have the liberty to go on daily runs at the beach.

Cons

There were some issues with management and the company was in pretty bad shape the past few months. As a result, employee benefits were neglected: no performance reviews, employees haven't been reimbursed for free weekly lunches, etc.

Now that upper-level management has repaired itself, it's time to start focusing on employee satisfaction and retention.

Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

You will work with great people that are hard working and have high knowledge in their skill set. Company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions. In 3 years I have experienced change and expansion of employees/teams, offices, management which could be good or bad but in this case has helped the company grow. Management sets fair and challenging expectations for you. The company has associated with it leaders in the industry that work hard to keep the product current. It is in competition to being the leading EMR for outpatient therapy and has excellent potential. I am truly excited to continue to see growth and looking forward to whats to come!

Cons

Being a start-up company there has been some hurdles to jump over but you learn from your mistakes. Progress with development can be slow. New management has "shaked" things up a bit but I think this is what was needed to continue with our mission and achieve our goals.

Continue to expand and open lines of communication between the developers and the implementation team. Asking for feedback from those that work with our clients on a daily basis is worth while.

Incredible New Adventure

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Fantastic Teamwork - this company has some truly amazing people who inspire me every day and go out of their way to ensure that every team member has a voice.

Opportunity - the sky's the limit and I believe we are well on our way to being the absolute best.

Leadership - our diverse management team demonstrates that they are dedicated to providing a fantastic product without compromising employee integrity.

Cons

Some Kinks - we still have some bugs to work out in order to provide the users with a total package.

Old vs. New - newer employees lack some of the vital history of the software which can make it difficult to connect the dots at times.

Transparency - please continue the open forum for all changes, the information is always appreciated.

Worked for OptimisCorp? Contribute to the Community!