OptimisCorp Reviews

19 reviews filtered by

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Above everything would have to be the friendly people and the wonderful opportunity to live and work in Southern California. Anything after that is just an added bonus, and there are plenty of other pro's to consider. Being a young software company that is just emerging onto the corporate scene, assuming the product continues to grow, there will be room for advancement, and I believe the recent management shake-up helped to re-focus the direction we are heading. It's an interesting transition period, but I believe in the product and think a lot of people would agree with me. Filling the physical therapy EMR niche has been fascinating, and I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Cons

Being in this transition phase and assuming a more typical corporate model takes a lot of work and a healthy dose of stress and uncertainty, but a lot of really great things are starting to emerge as the dust settles.

The biggest change I'd like to see is better communication between the dev team and the testers for more consistent fixes/updates.

2. Great work environment

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

People here are an absolute pleasure to work with. We have fun but also know when to get serious. With all the company changes, the managers do a great job to make sure that their team doesn't feel the full impact. Also the flexible hours are great!

Cons

I can't really think of any Cons as management does a great job of keeping you focused on your job rather than getting you involved with what's going on with the company as a whole.

Keep up the great work!

A Company Full of Possibilities

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consideration of family values for all employees
    Employee input well received
    Flexibility of schedule
    Opportunity to work with industry leaders; this translates into industry recognition by name
    In competition for being the top EMR in the outpatient rehab industry
    Evidence and Compliance driving the platform for the EMR = Excellence

Cons

Out of "beta" for a little more than a year = growing pains
    Progress not as fast as we would like it to be

5. A company with much added freedom

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of freedom for employees on the technology team. You can define your own work schedule so long as you get the job done, stay in the office for a reasonable amount of time, and do not miss the 10:30am standup. There's also free weekly lunches, where employees pick a restaurant to eat out at and the company reimburses the employee for the cost. Additionally, the office is located right by the beach. Since the company promotes wellness, you have the liberty to go on daily runs at the beach.

Cons

There were some issues with management and the company was in pretty bad shape the past few months. As a result, employee benefits were neglected: no performance reviews, employees haven't been reimbursed for free weekly lunches, etc.

Now that upper-level management has repaired itself, it's time to start focusing on employee satisfaction and retention.

Don't let the fake reviews fool you

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The concept is great. Kudos to the detail and depth of the documentation module. The employees in the clinics are great.

Cons

Management has no clear concept of project management. The reason the company is in trouble is because they did not follow a plan.

Hire new management

Useless upper management

Former Employee - Senior Ruby On Rails Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are (were) some great people that work here. Generally, people that actually do work, do their work very well. People are pretty easy to get along with. Nice location next to the beach.

Cons

Management is ridiculously bad, especially executive level. Lots of talk, no follow through. Lost a lot of skilled, great employees due to bad leadership. Employees are not compensated for doing good work -- in fact, the exact opposite happens. The worst employees move up the chain, while the good ones quit or get fired. A lot of good employees were lost in a very short time span. It seems the company is full of extremes when it comes to employees. You have the very best employees working alongside the worst.

Less talk, more action. Realize that the quality of employees is more important than the quantity. Listen to your employees. Follow through on what you say in a timely manner.

Director

Current Employee - Director in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Pacific Palisades, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is transitioning from "beta product" to "seasoned solution" - which can be painful for both company and customer at times. Processes that used to meet the need just don't now, adapt or die. The management is very forward looking and is open to doing what it takes to make our customers successful in the future.

Cons

Old habits die hard. Some people can't handle the change or don't want to be somewhere while they go through that change - this explains most of the negative comments on Glassdoor. Sour grapes.

One of the brutal realities of the beta departure is that developers have to be more sensitive to deadlines. In the beginning, beta customers were more forgiving of languishing enhancement requests because there were serious core work to be done. Now that we are pursuing a broader market, prospective customers expect that we will come through on even little commitments. To everyone who says, "you can't rush perfection" - the invisible hand will show that people won't wait for you to do it perfectly.

Stay the course and keep the vision.

Just a bad place to work

I worked at OptimisCorp

Pros

If you are motivated you have time to learn what you want to learn. You are allow given time to workout if you want to.

Cons

Management doesn't have experience in software and they have little knowledge of healthcare.

Upper management doesn't supervise at all. Thus allowing the manager of the software to micro-manage and do things that are "less than desired".

Try to get feedback from your workers. Many fear mid-management. Try to establish a relationship of trust with the people doing the work. You will realize your bottlenecks and bad employees when you understand your full development process. Also try not to say things like "this is the deadline" Ask more questions than telling what will happen. getting feedback from the worker-bees will help everyone. Good Luck.

OptimisCorp Response

Aug 5, 2013Director

In the last 6 months, we have brought in a new leadership team to overhaul our development process and make it more in tune with customer demands and requests.

Part of that is being more
    ... More

You don't want to work here

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

It WAS a place that had potential and seemed on the cusp of greatness.

Cons

The management of the product was horrible and had no experience in Software Dev. Any potential they had was eclipsed by their management team that have never worked in a software environment. No direction and no knowledge equals a subpar product with no potential afterall.

Hire some people that have experience in Healthcare Software Dev. Fire your existing ones.